Earbuds Round-Up
May 29, 2021 at 1:25 AM Post #54,496 of 75,270
Haha the way u are putting it, is Yincrow X6 like the BLON BL-03 of the earbud world?

If u find the NiceHCK EBX21 a bit thin, try using double foams, and perhaps a warmer source.

I think the HE150 Pro is V shaped to my ears, but unfortunately it ain't sold no more.

if I remember correctly, isn't the X6 basically Vido (using the same driver and tuning) with upgraded cable?

May 29, 2021 at 2:47 AM Post #54,498 of 75,270
if I remember correctly, isn't the X6 basically Vido (using the same driver and tuning) with upgraded cable?
Considering different colored Vidos sound different, it's hard to make this kind of statement. I have the navy blue and they don't sound alike at all.

May 29, 2021 at 3:57 AM Post #54,500 of 75,270
May 29, 2021 at 4:01 AM Post #54,501 of 75,270
i have only known the old blue Vido, never tried the newer colors

May 29, 2021 at 4:18 AM Post #54,502 of 75,270
Last edited:
May 29, 2021 at 6:06 AM Post #54,503 of 75,270
Regarding the Vido, I think it is related to low QC. I remember someone had bought a few Vido of the same color, and when he opened up the shell, they all had different thickness of tuning foam.

I have owned the blue Vido and the NiceHCK Traceless (rebranded Vido) and both sound drastically different. NiceHCK also informed me that there should be no differences in sound whichever color you choose.

May 29, 2021 at 6:38 AM Post #54,504 of 75,270
Haha the way u are putting it, is Yincrow X6 like the BLON BL-03 of the earbud world?
Yes, it is. 100% both similar in sound and what their status is.

May 29, 2021 at 6:45 AM Post #54,505 of 75,270
Regarding the Vido, I think it is related to low QC. I remember someone had bought a few Vido of the same color, and when he opened up the shell, they all had different thickness of tuning foam.

I have owned the blue Vido and the NiceHCK Traceless (rebranded Vido) and both sound drastically different. NiceHCK also informed me that there should be no differences in sound whichever color you choose.

Yes could very well be unit variation among the different colours of Vido. CHIFI is not a paragon for strict QC, but I see quite a lot of forum members here vouching that the different coloured Vidos do sound different.

FWIW, I only own the blue and white Vido and they are really different sounding, but I can't say if it is unit variation or an intended thing.

May 29, 2021 at 8:22 AM Post #54,507 of 75,270
I think making such a statement ... will be a disappointment to new users who buy buds that will walk away from this thread forever. pears and apples.

😅
I mean, it applies to the X6, I didnt say it was about buds as a whole. If they want something completely different from iems, the majority of buds are like that. But if they wanted iem sound with bud fit, there arent that many...

May 29, 2021 at 10:03 AM Post #54,508 of 75,270
If u find the NiceHCK EBX21 a bit thin, try using double foams, and perhaps a warmer source.
good news! so I knew about using double foams before to improve bass response a bit, but the issue with EBX21 shells is that they would fall out of my ears unless I used silicone hooks. this morning, I realized I could actually wear them over the ear like my IEMs and they actually stay put, AND provide a decent "seal" with the double foams! So my fitment issues are gone, the comfort is there, the rich low end is back, and I can EQ whatever else is missing. I also am using a custom FW ZX300 rather than the ZX507 to get a bit more warmth and it sounds really good. I think I saved myself a couple hundred bucks for now, but I might get a better cable now that I know I'll be wearing these over the ear :)

May 29, 2021 at 10:10 AM Post #54,509 of 75,270
good news! so I knew about using double foams before to improve bass response a bit, but the issue with EBX21 shells is that they would fall out of my ears unless I used silicone hooks. this morning, I realized I could actually wear them over the ear like my IEMs and they actually stay put, AND provide a decent "seal" with the double foams! So my fitment issues are gone, the comfort is there, the rich low end is back, and I can EQ whatever else is missing. I also am using a custom FW ZX300 rather than the ZX507 to get a bit more warmth and it sounds really good. I think I saved myself a couple hundred bucks for now, but I might get a better cable now that I know I'll be wearing these over the ear :)
If you have the opportunity to do a measurement for them, you can send a @Sam_L file to do some magic.

May 29, 2021 at 10:30 AM Post #54,510 of 75,270
ah i dont have the equipment or know-how to measure these, and i will probably make many of you cringe with the braindead EQ i was using before haha
IMG_8555.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back