Earbuds Round-Up
May 27, 2021 at 3:49 PM Post #54,451 of 75,268

Something about K's buds
#1 #2. Ksearphone Bell-LB look similar as Bell-Ti, but there is a difference.
If we look closely at the shell, we can see that the driver, i.e. the cover, is slightly wider so that it does not merge in line with the shell, which is the case with the Bell-Ti model. The diameter is slightly increased, but this stepped transition prevents fall of the foam. As for the stem, usually when we have the same shell, if we have a longer stem length, then more pressure is created and therefore the low frequencies are more pronounced. But here is a slightly specific case, the driver is different and is probably tuned differently. Now there is one small detail that is also important and that is the cables. On Bell-LB one strand passes through the stem. The opening on the stem is a bit narrower so that the space where the air passes is much smaller compared to the Bel-Ti where the two thinner strand passing through a wider stem.
This way both shells can have the same pressure inside.

#3. Bending the cable more than 75 degrees can damage the cable. Unlike the Bell-LB model, the Bell-Ti has a sharp edge on the stem that can cut the wire.
Another case is pulling which can unsolder the cables or damage the driver inside. To avoid this, a knot is made at the end of the cable that blocks the pull-out, but this knot also takes up a lot of internal space, so it is often avoided. Another way is to use metal "U" Clips

#4. Since the Bell-Ti stem is used as a bass vent, we must take care not to close it. It can be cut small piece of Pvc Electrical Insulation Tape, and wrap it around the edge of the stem. Leave a small overhang so that it can be twisted inwards. U can use "Red" and "Blue" as markers for the left and right sides :wink:
insulation-tape-500x500.png
Thanks for the detailed explanation.
My concern will be solved if I apply #4.
(But my Bell earbuds are black/white onmyoji so I will only need one color of transparent tape. :ksc75smile: )

Last edited:
May 27, 2021 at 4:04 PM Post #54,452 of 75,268
Partially correct. The MDR-E808 was in fact a real model manufactured by Sony where as the MDR-E804 was not and therefore ALL are fakes.

Sony MDR-E808 in Nuevo Tube Packaging

The following is the complete Sony MDR-E 8 Series:

Series 8XX; 1995-2001/2​
E801/802/803/805/806/807/808/809/811/817/818/819/821/823/827/828/829/832/837/838/847/848/868/888
With that said, the MDR-808 Twin Turbo was heavily copied and faked and soon took on the moniker "MDR-E808+". There are probably just as many MDR-E808 fakes than there are originals! And the vast majority of these copies/fakes are horribly constructed with horrendous finishing however, some of the drivers used are quite good and actually sound better than the original!
Sorry, I mistook the MDR-E808 for the MDR-E808 + in @furyossa's post.

Last edited:
May 27, 2021 at 4:36 PM Post #54,453 of 75,268
Thanks for the detailed explanation.
My concern will be solved if I apply #4.
(But my Bell earbuds are black/white onmyoji so I will only need one color of transparent tape. :ksc75smile: )
Electrical tape is softer than classic adhesive transparent tape

May 27, 2021 at 4:50 PM Post #54,454 of 75,268
Sounds like the bell design might just be badly designed if they don't allow for thicker or replaceable cables...

Do mx500 shell have that kind of limitation as well? Or are they fine and that's why there are some models with mmcx with mx500 shells?
Extra small drill bits. See below.
That looks familiar. :wink:

May 27, 2021 at 4:59 PM Post #54,456 of 75,268
Extra small drill bits. See below.

That looks familiar. :wink:
Yeah :wink: It's looks like your blue grid board :beerchug: BTW ... I didn't see a better example for Bell shells.
Of course I don’t encourage anyone to try this on a Bell-Ti model :wink:

May 27, 2021 at 5:04 PM Post #54,457 of 75,268
Thank you, I found some transparent Pvc Electrical Insulation Tape and ordered it. :relaxed:
Ok, that's fine. I gave you a suggestion to wrap the stem, or you can wrap the cables only in the part where it touches the sharp edge of the stem

Last edited:
May 27, 2021 at 10:26 PM Post #54,458 of 75,268
The first earbuds I ever heard were the first Generation of Apple earbuds. I threw them away within 2 days and didn’t hear another earbud until about a month ago. I thought the typology was just a disaster. Now seeing how many earbuds there actually were and are, I am just in awe. I wish I had tried some of those vintage models. Oh, I take it back, I heard some Beyerdynamics a few years back, and though they had better bass than the Apple I heard before, they were very muffled and dull and made their way to the trash in less than a week. My portable headphones for the last decade have been a set of Sennheiser px100-I I. They still live, but hearing earbuds now, I’m officially hooked. I’m still waiting on some sets coming in from various sellers on Ali. Maybe after I give them a listen, I can ship them to some others who would/could write reviews? If anyone is up to it, just let me know. We can get a mailing list together or something. Anyway, just thought I’d throw that out there. I’ll make a list of what’s coming when I have some time.

May 28, 2021 at 1:36 AM Post #54,459 of 75,268
The first earbuds I ever heard were the first Generation of Apple earbuds. I threw them away within 2 days and didn’t hear another earbud until about a month ago. I thought the typology was just a disaster. Now seeing how many earbuds there actually were and are, I am just in awe. I wish I had tried some of those vintage models. Oh, I take it back, I heard some Beyerdynamics a few years back, and though they had better bass than the Apple I heard before, they were very muffled and dull and made their way to the trash in less than a week. My portable headphones for the last decade have been a set of Sennheiser px100-I I. They still live, but hearing earbuds now, I’m officially hooked. I’m still waiting on some sets coming in from various sellers on Ali. Maybe after I give them a listen, I can ship them to some others who would/could write reviews? If anyone is up to it, just let me know. We can get a mailing list together or something. Anyway, just thought I’d throw that out there. I’ll make a list of what’s coming when I have some time.
It is your fault that you first tried the consumer products of big brands that are sold because of their "colorful" advertising and not because of SQ. :wink:
I’m not saying they all have bad products, but most of what is supposedly good costs more than it’s really worth.
Also, I'm really sorry I didn't find out about this forum before, before my first purchase. So much good information can be found here and so many good people who can honestly help you in your choice.

Last edited:
May 28, 2021 at 2:03 AM Post #54,461 of 75,268
With all my might, I tried ripping the cable off my LBBS. It wouldn’t rip. Impressive.
I'm curious, please tell me why you do that :wink: Or Is it a test unit intended for quality control check? :beerchug:

May 28, 2021 at 2:10 AM Post #54,462 of 75,268
I'm curious, please tell me why you do that :wink: Or Is it a test unit intended for quality control check? :beerchug:

Old pair had a failed driver, and reading what you guys discussed about the stems and stuff, I decided to put its durability to test.

The cables themselves did not detach from the shells not matter how hard I tried with my bare hands, but only deformed. Very impressive if you ask me.

Not saying you guys should go ahead and abuse them, but they are incredibly durable. LBBS only and I can't say the same for the Bell-Ti.

May 28, 2021 at 2:21 AM Post #54,463 of 75,268
Old pair had a failed driver, and reading what you guys discussed about the stems and stuff, I decided to put its durability to test.

The cables themselves did not detach from the shells not matter how hard I tried with my bare hands, but only deformed. Very impressive if you ask me.

Not saying you guys should go ahead and abuse them, but they are incredibly durable. LBBS only and I can't say the same for the Bell-Ti.
Yup. Probably they used the knot which is common for single core cables but for braided cable, it's better to use metal "U" chips
knot.png

Last edited:
May 28, 2021 at 2:27 AM Post #54,464 of 75,268

I have LBBS as well, how did your LBBS drivers fail?
I heard that @WoodyLuvr's Bell-Ti 120ohm also failed, so I'm getting worried about the QC of K's earphone.

May 28, 2021 at 2:35 AM Post #54,465 of 75,268
I have LBBS as well, how did your LBBS drivers fail?
I heard that @WoodyLuvr's Bell-Ti 120ohm also failed, so I'm getting worried about the QC of K's earphone.
I'm not really sure how it failed, but it could be bad solder.

I'm also not that ready to purchase anything else from K's for the time being, after so many reports of driver failure. It just so happens that the overall physical built of their products are actually quite good and did not seem like the cause of those issues. Could be internal work or design that needs brushing up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back