Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 20, 2021 at 10:15 AM Post #53,521 of 75,209
Any guys in here who only listen to earbuds ? By choice ? Not INBUDS (involuntary budders).
I’m curious if some people go so far as to prefer earbuds to any other way of listening to music (excluding live music).
There are situations in which I cannot use buds, the reason is because I need sound insulation, to work while there is noise at home for example. Since I found buds with a good fit, except in those situations I use buds.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #53,523 of 75,209
I think many of us might have started briefly as, what you call "inbuds", but we quickly grew attracted to the merits of earbuds and stay on as fans by choice. For much of 2020 I was earbuds -> iems -> headphones. Currently I'm headphones -> earbuds. (and don't listen to iems at all.) As summer rolls around, I'll likely be exclusively earbuds.
Something like season-oriented selection?
For me is like this : headphones 10%, iem's 20% and buds 70% most of the time but sometimes I like to enjoy the silence :wink:

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2021 at 11:57 AM Post #53,524 of 75,209
I think many of us might have started briefly as, what you call "inbuds", but we quickly grew attracted to the merits of earbuds and stay on as fans by choice. For much of 2020 I was earbuds -> iems -> headphones. Currently I'm headphones -> earbuds. (and don't listen to iems at all.) As summer rolls around, I'll likely be exclusively earbuds.
Interesting ! I like that idea. I am currently an inbud because of neck problems but as you said, I’m getting attached to them. And the possibility of almost endless variations between buds...

Apr 20, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #53,526 of 75,209
Hi folks...

I received my first X6 yesterday.

Does it need some burning in? Or, is there any difference among the available colours? Mine is red.

What is weird is that it doesn't sound as expected at all. It might be just my ears since they are praise everywhere. As a comparison, the k64 sounds a lot better.

Apr 20, 2021 at 12:51 PM Post #53,528 of 75,209
Okay, so today I had a change of plans...

I decided to order the JCALLY EP09 instead of the Ansata Pro for the reason of the crazy reviews I've been seeing lately on the EP09 here in China. Some reviewers in China are even saying that they are the buds to beat in 2021 due to the extremely low price versus the high overall value they are capable of dishing out. According to reviewers in China they carry Beryllium coated Nano diaphragms plus detachable silver plated cables or all copper cables with MIC. They claim it has a large soundstage and end to end details that's easy to listen to with no sibilance or harness detected. It is crazy cheap, so I decided to buy these for now...

JCALLY EP09 (7).jpgJCALLY EP09 (3).jpgJCALLY EP09 (2).jpgJCALLY EP09 (4).jpgJCALLY EP09 (6).jpgJCALLY EP09 (5).jpg *Courtesy of JCALLY EP09 PIC's

I will post some impressions to see if they hold true to their quality, sound, and value, soon after receiving them.

-Clear

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2021 at 1:44 PM Post #53,530 of 75,209
Okay, so today I had a change of plans...

I decided to order the JCALLY EP09 instead of the Ansata Pro for the reason of the crazy reviews I've been seeing lately on the EP09 here in China. Some reviewers in China are even saying that they are the buds to beat in 2021 due to the extremely low price versus the high overall value they are capable of dishing out. According to reviewers in China they carry Beryllium coated Nano diaphragms plus detachable silver plated cables or all copper cables with MIC. They claim it has a large soundstage and end to end details that's easy to listen to with no sibilance or harness detected. It is crazy cheap, so I decided to buy these for now...

JCALLY EP09 (7).jpgJCALLY EP09 (3).jpgJCALLY EP09 (2).jpgJCALLY EP09 (4).jpgJCALLY EP09 (6).jpgJCALLY EP09 (5).jpg *Courtesy of JCALLY EP09 PIC's

-Clear
Would you trust chifi product with highly toxic beryllium ? Honest question.

Apr 20, 2021 at 2:05 PM Post #53,531 of 75,209
Apr 20, 2021 at 2:13 PM Post #53,532 of 75,209

Users who are viewing this thread

Back