Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 18, 2021 at 7:55 AM Post #53,462 of 75,203
Dinky Ears Update:

Well, though the price made me twitch, I threw the dice and ordered a pair of the OurArt flagship earbuds from Penon. At 16mm in diameter, they fit my dinky ears perfectly, and sound amazingly good... I'm talking hoo mama good! So thanks to everyone who helped me with their recommendations!
Good to know! :thumbsup:

I decided to go with the Ansata Pro, since my budget can't go for the Ourart flagship at the moment. But, since the reviews were off-the-roof in taobao with the Ansata Pro, I'm sure these will possibly be my TOTL from all the earbuds I currently own.

PS. I still love the look of the Ourart flagship, though!

-Clear

Apr 18, 2021 at 8:04 AM Post #53,463 of 75,203
Good to know! :thumbsup:

I decided to go with the Ansata Pro, since my budget can't go for the Ourart flagship at the moment. But, since the reviews were off-the-roof in taobao with the Ansata Pro, I'm sure these will possibly be my TOTL from all the earbuds I currently own.

PS. I still love the look of the Ourart flagship, though!
No, no it has the same front mesh as Ti7, ACG, but different shell

Apr 18, 2021 at 8:40 AM Post #53,464 of 75,203
No, no it has the same front mesh as Ti7, ACG, but different shell
I notice that...but according to reviews and my friends that own the Ti7 and ACG here in China, the Ansata Pro are much improved in the sound signature with now metal housing and an 8 core copper-silver mix cable. And, at less than half the price of its original cost right now, the Ansata Pro is a "no brainer" for me to buy right now.

Ansata Pro-1.jpgAnsata Pro-5.jpg
Ansata Pro-2.jpgAnsata Pro-4.jpg

-Clear :yum::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2021 at 9:03 AM Post #53,465 of 75,203
Metal + wood? Interesting.

1618703861179.png
What are those "bars" for though?
It's a acoustic transmission line (as with loudspeakers) where the tubes are probably made of brass to reduce unwanted resonance.
One of the purpose of this design and vent system is to gain bass extension. The length of this pipe plays a significant role in tuning.
Old school models of AIWA use the same system (HS-V55, HP-V14, HP-V88, HP-V99, HP-D9 ...)
HP-V55.jpg
HP-V14.jpg
HP-V88.jpg
HP-V99.jpg
HP-D9.jpg

Apr 18, 2021 at 9:39 AM Post #53,466 of 75,203
One question always intrigue me when I see so many different designs. Are there real science behind these NEW earbuds, or they just make a housing, drill some holes if any and send them to the marketing team? Many earphones seems like try to ignore phisics. Not the Aiwa, it looks like a sound engineered phoduct (unfortunately I never heard it personally), but none of the new "flagships" incorporate such science anymore. Maybe the Fiio EM5 does.

Apr 18, 2021 at 9:40 AM Post #53,467 of 75,203
It's a acoustic transmission line (as with loudspeakers) where the tubes are probably made of brass to reduce unwanted resonance.
One of the purpose of this design and vent system is to gain bass extension. The length of this pipe plays a significant role in tuning.
Old school models of AIWA use the same system (HS-V55, HP-V14, HP-V88, HP-V99, HP-D9 ...)
HP-V55.jpgHP-V14.jpgHP-V88.jpgHP-V99.jpgHP-D9.jpg
Indeed! The Dez Kim 데즈 Series #7 (32Ω) was a tribute to the Aiwa's 1980s Pipe-Phones & Flute-Phones.

Apr 18, 2021 at 11:05 AM Post #53,468 of 75,203
Are there any recommendations for TOTL earbuds of which the shells are as small as the Monk Lite ? The usual shells (the “500“ ones) are always a bit tricky for me as they are too big.
Right now I have the Zen 2.0 which I love but it’s on the big side.
I ordered the Yincrow-2000 and Yinman-600 but obviously they will be big.
I ordered the Monk Lite with the higher impedance which should be a good one but I wonder if there are higher end ones other than that.

Apr 18, 2021 at 11:12 AM Post #53,469 of 75,203
One question always intrigue me when I see so many different designs. Are there real science behind these NEW earbuds, or they just make a housing, drill some holes if any and send them to the marketing team? Many earphones seems like try to ignore phisics. Not the Aiwa, it looks like a sound engineered phoduct (unfortunately I never heard it personally), but none of the new "flagships" incorporate such science anymore. Maybe the Fiio EM5 does.
For AIWA you are right. It's a sound engineered product which is evidenced by using the same system on multiple models. I don't see any other reason, this is not put on for aesthetics and why would they use something that doesn't work. This pipe will slow down back wave sound, that's why I mentioned that length of this pipe is important here.
Another method is to use short pipe and put inside filter which reduce sound speed (similar to EM5).
For loudspeakers you can easy calculate TL length because manufacturer of the speakers put all required parameters in the specification but for earbuds drivers we don't have all these parameters available.
Also, the shell must have a certain size and ergonomic shape, so it's a little harder to design TL system that would meet all conditions: correct physics, comfort and aesthetics

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2021 at 11:43 AM Post #53,470 of 75,203
Astrotec Lyra Nature has good separation and detail, speed, sound technicality, the amount of bass in the recording (not for bass heads), clear high-frequency frequencies of good quality add airiness. For comparison, the first thing that comes to mind is Toneking Dendroaspis Viridis, but Viridis has a transparent manner of sound, while Lyra Nature has a touch of warmth and a denser body texture, but not as dense as the Yincrow RW-2000.
1.jpg

2.jpg

HESSIAN Ansata Pro I did not listen to the standard black version, only Pro. As noted by the manufacturer “this is a comprehensive upgraded version of several models of Ti7,ACG, ANSATA. The quality, configuration, and wearing have been strengthened.
The front mesh remains the same as the Ti7, ACG, but the body is already new. I listened with donut foams. They have a comfortable sound with good vocals, accented in the middle and low, bass with donuts has a good amount, high frequencies are not accented, which will be good for high-frequency fobs. If you replace the complete cable with a better one, then the quality (not quantity) of the high-frequency improves.
0c7b7fc3-6af1-4712-a7d9-a240c3d856b4.jpg

4d68cde1-2c85-415e-81fe-8aa0004bd86d.jpg

34bc6376-2698-4cc3-b644-8cac65f1b3c0.jpg

7HZ (Seven Hertz) P-twos Beatles most audiophiles know this brand by IEM 7Hz I77, 7Hz I88, 7Hz I-99 ... now they decided to replenish their range of earbuds and rolled out 2 7Hz ED-2001 75/300 ohm models in mx500 red cases with 7N cable and P-twos Beatles 32 ohm MMCX with 6N cable.
Externally, the design is like cyberpunk, thick wire, fittings, shells resemble Sydney. I listened with thin foams and donuts, without burn-up earbuds. The earbuds have powerful magnets and a well-chosen bundled cable, which positively affects their sound. I didn't listen for long, but Pantera sounded very cool, powerful, bass and aggressive in them. Quite balanced neutral, melodic sounding, but I wouldn't call it soft, also I'm not sure of its versatility yet. Good burn-up and re-listening are needed, but this model has a lot of positive reviews and purchases on the Tao.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2021 at 11:52 AM Post #53,471 of 75,203
Astrotec Lyra Nature has good separation and detail, speed, sound technicality, the amount of bass in the recording (not for bass heads), clear high-frequency frequencies of good quality add airiness. For comparison, the first thing that comes to mind is Toneking Dendroaspis Viridis, but Viridis has a transparent manner of sound, while Lyra Nature has a touch of warmth and a denser body texture, but not as dense as the Yincrow RW-2000.
1.jpg
2.jpg

HESSIAN Ansata Pro I did not listen to the standard black version, only Pro. As noted by the manufacturer “this is a complex updated version of several models Ti7, ACG, ANSATA. Quality, configuration, and wear have been improved.
The front mesh remains the same as the Ti7, ACG, but the body is already new. I listened with donut foams. They have a comfortable sound with good vocals, accented in the middle and low, bass with donuts has a good amount, high frequencies are not accented, which will be good for high-frequency fobs. If you replace the complete cable with a better one, then the quality (not quantity) of the high-frequency improves.
0c7b7fc3-6af1-4712-a7d9-a240c3d856b4.jpg
4d68cde1-2c85-415e-81fe-8aa0004bd86d.jpg
34bc6376-2698-4cc3-b644-8cac65f1b3c0.jpg

7HZ (Seven Hertz) P-twos Beatles most audiophiles know this brand by IEM 7Hz I77, 7Hz I88, 7Hz I-99 ... now they decided to replenish their range of earbuds and rolled out 2 7Hz ED-2001 75/300 ohm models in mx500 red cases with 7N cable and P-twos Beatles 32 ohm MMCX with 6N cable.
Externally, the design is ala cyberpunk, thick wire, fittings, shells resemble Sydney. I listened with thin foams and donuts, without burn-up earbuds. The earbuds have powerful magnets and a well-chosen bundled cable, which positively affects their sound. I didn't listen for long, but Pantera sounded very cool, powerful, bass and aggressive in them. Quite balanced neutral, melodic sounding, but I wouldn't call it soft, also I'm not sure of its versatility yet. Good warming up and re-listening is needed, but this model has a lot of positive reviews and purchases on the Tao.
What a haul man!

Which one is your favorite in sound and also which one fits the best so far?

Apr 18, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #53,472 of 75,203
What a haul man!

Which one is your favorite in sound and also which one fits the best so far?
They are all different in sound, little time has passed to make a choice, only time will tell or will some of this remain with me or everything will go on sale, as usual)

Apr 18, 2021 at 12:29 PM Post #53,473 of 75,203
Are there any recommendations for TOTL earbuds of which the shells are as small as the Monk Lite ? The usual shells (the “500“ ones) are always a bit tricky for me as they are too big.
I ordered the Monk Lite with the higher impedance which should be a good one but I wonder if there are higher end ones other than that.
Yincrow-2000 will be large I advise you to buy hooks like in Viridis and a cable with hooks.
Yinman600 better sit
I'm not sure, but maybe the Simphonio Dragon 3 will fit better

Apr 18, 2021 at 5:40 PM Post #53,474 of 75,203
Yincrow-2000 will be large I advise you to buy hooks like in Viridis and a cable with hooks.
Yinman600 better sit
I'm not sure, but maybe the Simphonio Dragon 3 will fit better
Thanks ! Sorry to insist, but I tried to Google Viridis and not sure what you’re referring too. Any link ?

Apr 18, 2021 at 6:02 PM Post #53,475 of 75,203
You can buy Shozy BK as small Shell TOTL earbuds.
You can also choose its 2.5mm balanced type.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32840627688.html

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back