Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 27, 2020 at 8:52 AM Post #50,641 of 75,272
Last edited:
Nov 27, 2020 at 8:59 AM Post #50,643 of 75,272
Nov 27, 2020 at 9:33 AM Post #50,644 of 75,272
Thanks @baskingshark I ordered after seeing your posting. I like this Beryllium earbud more than my Fengru TC200 and RY4S. To my ears, they sound more "real" (do not know how to describe it) and also get more bass.

20201127_222601.jpg

Nov 27, 2020 at 9:53 AM Post #50,645 of 75,272
Thanks @baskingshark I ordered after seeing your posting. I like this Beryllium earbud more than my Fengru TC200 and RY4S. To my ears, they sound more "real" (do not know how to describe it) and also get more bass.

20201127_222601.jpg

Good stuff, we gotta thank @KeyStar too for his positive impressions. Are they difficult to drive? I'm still waiting for my set from 11/11 =(

Nov 27, 2020 at 10:15 AM Post #50,646 of 75,272
P
Good stuff, we gotta thank @KeyStar too for his positive impressions. Are they difficult to drive? I'm still waiting for my set from 11/11 =(
My listening volume for my iems such as A6 on my Hiby R5 usually is 40, for this Be, I play at 50 while Fengru I need up to 60.

Nov 27, 2020 at 1:05 PM Post #50,647 of 75,272
Hi folks,
I have Liberty Air 2 at the moment which I am not happy with as the mic is not the best! I am being asked by my family and friends to use loudspeaker or the wired headphones since what I say is not clear on the other side of the line!:speaking_head::tired_face:
Can you suggest a wireless earbuds or headphone or headset preferably below $150 USD and with EU delivery? If there is any black Friday deal option that would be appreciate too!
Before Liberty Air 2 I had Creative Outlier Air which I believe both are very similar, I believe it is time for a little upgrade :)
My main use would be Whatsapp calls on Android if I can use it for Zoom and Teams phone call on laptop would be great!

Nov 27, 2020 at 2:23 PM Post #50,648 of 75,272
Hi folks,
I have Liberty Air 2 at the moment which I am not happy with as the mic is not the best! I am being asked by my family and friends to use loudspeaker or the wired headphones since what I say is not clear on the other side of the line!:speaking_head::tired_face:
Can you suggest a wireless earbuds or headphone or headset preferably below $150 USD and with EU delivery? If there is any black Friday deal option that would be appreciate too!
Before Liberty Air 2 I had Creative Outlier Air which I believe both are very similar, I believe it is time for a little upgrade :)
My main use would be Whatsapp calls on Android if I can use it for Zoom and Teams phone call on laptop would be great!
I have the same experience with Liberty Air 2, the sound is very good but the mic is below average although it is advertised as:
Perfect for Home Offices: Each earbud is equipped with two microphones and cVc 8.0 noise reduction technology.
Environmental noises are reduced by 60%, while 95% of your voice is retained so you sound louder and clearer on the other end.

Yeah right :smile:
Even if you go with Sony or Bose you will probably get a slightly better mic performance but it's not worth the money, especially if you plan to use them for conferences and calls. Also, these are not even close to the quality that has Gaming headset or stand-alone mic and will cost you less

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2020 at 5:57 PM Post #50,649 of 75,272
As I said before, the wooden shell is horrible for fit, slippery and overly long after the the end where the driver sits, instead of going inwards for better fit like a qian69, he150 pro or headroom ms16, I highly recommend ordering the cheaper mx500 shell model without such an almost 'sticky' rubbery horrible microphonic cable.

I do love the sound of the 32 ohm bery though, it's definitely the budget winner of 2020 for me, finally a competitor for the qian 69 for the first time.

Nov 27, 2020 at 6:24 PM Post #50,650 of 75,272
As I said before, the wooden shell is horrible for fit, slippery and overly long after the the end where the driver sits, instead of going inwards for better fit like a qian69, he150 pro or headroom ms16, I highly recommend ordering the cheaper mx500 shell model without such an almost 'sticky' rubbery horrible microphonic cable.

I do love the sound of the 32 ohm bery though, it's definitely the budget winner of 2020 for me, finally a competitor for the qian 69 for the first time.
This post explains your problem

Nov 27, 2020 at 6:25 PM Post #50,651 of 75,272
I have the same experience with Liberty Air 2, the sound is very good but the mic is below average although it is advertised as:
Perfect for Home Offices: Each earbud is equipped with two microphones and cVc 8.0 noise reduction technology.
Environmental noises are reduced by 60%, while 95% of your voice is retained so you sound louder and clearer on the other end.

Yeah right :smile:
Even if you go with Sony or Bose you will probably get a slightly better mic performance but it's not worth the money, especially if you plan to use them for conferences and calls. Also, these are not even close to the quality that has Gaming headset or stand-alone mic and will cost you less

Thanks for the suggestions, do you have any specific model in mind? Which type of wireless headphone (earbud, overhead headsets or and for what use you think is best fit for conference calls via laptop or via phone as well as Corona calls and video calls with family and friends?

Nov 27, 2020 at 6:46 PM Post #50,652 of 75,272
Thanks for the suggestions, do you have any specific model in mind? Which type of wireless headphone (earbud, overhead headsets or and for what use you think is best fit for conference calls via laptop or via phone as well as Corona calls and video calls with family and friends?
HyperX Cloud Flight series is around $150. There a few different models so before you decide, watch some reviews on YT to see all features
If I'm not mistaken, it seems to me that Cloud Flight S is the latest model. Probably you can get some of these in your country
https://www.hyperxgaming.com/us/headsets/cloud-gaming-headset?partnum=HHSC2X-BA-RD/G#atc
https://www.hyperxgaming.com/us/headsets/cloud-flight-wireless-gaming-headset.
Also, Roccat has a nice offer

Nov 27, 2020 at 9:33 PM Post #50,653 of 75,272

I always have a fit problem with all my earbuds even for the smaller shell DIY PK2 I bought from Chitty. I never use wear earbuds for long hours listening.

Regarding the sound of the Be, it sounds meh with phone, S8, as my source this morning.

Nov 28, 2020 at 12:54 AM Post #50,654 of 75,272
Just received the yincrow X6, its okay for its price, but for price to performance ratio I'd still consider the Koss line-up more bang for the buck.

Does the X6's need burn-in? so far liking the donut foams more than the full foams, more transparent overall though mid bass I think is more boomy, but better tonality than full foams, YMMV.
Which Koss are you talking about? Do they still make ear buds?

Nov 28, 2020 at 12:56 AM Post #50,655 of 75,272
Any suggestions for Etymotic-like sound signature? Flat, but not too rolled off bass, mids emphasis is fine, treble well-extended. Preferably with replaceable cable, but sound quality is the priority.
Would also like to try PK shelled, but I can fit any earbud fine.
Were you the one who posted on the earbuds anonymous fb group?

Earbuds, by in large, are far from ety tuning. The closest you'll get is in eq'ing your smabat s10s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back