Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 1, 2020 at 6:41 PM Post #50,101 of 75,279
Yeppp totally agree with your review of the sound quality on the EM5! I absolutely loved them -- the dealbreaker for me was the shape/size. They refused to stay in my ears, and the ear-wings i have are super uncomfortable (even the smallest size) and dig into my ear bones. =[ really really bummed.

Did you try wearing it with the cable over ear? Sometimes that works for people with difficult to fit earbuds and/or IEMs.

Nov 1, 2020 at 7:33 PM Post #50,103 of 75,279
Got around to measuring the Yincrow RW9 and X6. Probably using the same driver, ie the vido driver, and slightly retuned.
My comparison is very similar but in my sets there's some difference in the 2k region.

yincrow x6 vs rw9.jpg

Nov 1, 2020 at 9:30 PM Post #50,104 of 75,279
Yeppp totally agree with your review of the sound quality on the EM5! I absolutely loved them -- the dealbreaker for me was the shape/size. They refused to stay in my ears, and the ear-wings i have are super uncomfortable (even the smallest size) and dig into my ear bones. =[ really really bummed.

If "ear-wings" means the two bulges behind the earbud stems, you may have to swap the left and right sides of the earbuds and use them with patience.
If that's not the case and the 16.2mm diameter of the shell is too small, you may want to use the Silicon Ring (SENNHEISER 563605).

Attachments

• 11339557[1].jpg
    11339557[1].jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 0
Nov 2, 2020 at 6:36 AM Post #50,105 of 75,279
@vygas

Thank you for your reply regarding the Shozy DIY.

You are not the first one who says that, sound wise, Shozy DIY and Docomo, and thus Shozy XB, are related.
One user on EA group told me that the XB would be a better tuned Docomo.

Is the review you had read on the XB this one here?

Nov 2, 2020 at 11:51 AM Post #50,106 of 75,279
My comparison is very similar but in my sets there's some difference in the 2k region.

yincrow x6 vs rw9.jpg
I actually have quite a bit of variance between L and R on my sets, averaged the two in my comparison, though when listening it's not very apparent. One side of my RW9 looks more similar to yours. At this price it's perfectly acceptable to me as long as it's not terribly obvious when listening. How's the channel matching on yours?

Nov 2, 2020 at 4:52 PM Post #50,111 of 75,279
Looking for a decent mmcx cable with mic/remote (1 or 3 button). I would like something that's not to stiff/springy, it should be supple. Not to heavy. Limited amount of microphonics. Some what durable if it's a more expensive one (over 100 bucks).

I'm eying the cable that's included in Xelento Remote IEMS. Anyone that's tried it for earbuds, wearing them down and not back the ears? The connector is not straight buy I guess they should work fine anyway?
How about the feeling of the cable, it seems kind of springy? How's the remote?
Are there fakes out there on eBay or aliexpress?
proxy-image (1).jpeg

Do you guys know of any other good cables to recommend? Budget 150$. Live in Europe/Sweden.

Nov 2, 2020 at 4:55 PM Post #50,112 of 75,279
Looking for a decent mmcx cable with mic/remote (1 or 3 button). I would like something that's not to stiff/springy, it should be supple. Not to heavy. Limited amount of microphonics. Some what durable if it's a more expensive one (over 100 bucks).

I'm eying the cable that's included in Xelento Remote IEMS. Anyone that's tried it for earbuds, wearing them down and not back the ears? The connector is not straight buy I guess they should work fine anyway?
How about the feeling of the cable, it seems kind of springy? How's the remote?
Are there fakes out there on eBay or aliexpress?
proxy-image (1).jpeg

Do you guys know of any other good cables to recommend? Budget 150$. Live in Europe/Sweden.
Faaeal litz copper: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000400771561.html

Tri Through SPC: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001514590570.html

Kbear Rhyme UPOCC (dont think it is UPOCC): https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001244591805.html

Kbear Limpid pure silver: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001244034183.html

Pick your poison.

Nov 2, 2020 at 9:32 PM Post #50,115 of 75,279
What are the best earphones as far as no fatiguing sound, an easy listen with clarity and good resolution? Cost no object? Earbuds only, not interested in iems

I recommend Moondrop CHACONNE as TOTL earbuds for no fatiguing sound, clarity and good resolution, if you don't mind the earbuds being a bit heavy and used at home.
And, for a better fit I would recommend using the silicone ring (SENNHEISER 563605).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back