Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 5, 2020 at 6:09 PM Post #49,666 of 75,280
K, guys. I'm going to start generating test targets for wavelet and peace/apo equalizer.

So far, I know of these users who use wavelet and might be interested in trying out some target curves?
Sure I'll try some out, I'd be interested in some for the BK2. I also feel the one you provided earlier for the Rambo2 is a tad too bright, was it based around Harman? I attached it here for sake of ease. Thanks for your work!

Attachments

• isn_rambo_2_GraphicEQ.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 0
Oct 5, 2020 at 6:27 PM Post #49,667 of 75,280
The EB2, this choice is a good choice because it has a good reputation for sound and its size is small enough to fit.

Next is the X6. The sound is the same as the Vido, so you might as well save your money and replace it with the FENGRU DIY EMX500 which has wide sound stage. (But I don't know if the both MX500 shells are suitable for it.)

Finally, the ME80, but you may not be able to buy it, in which case you should go with the FENGRU DIY PK2 which has 16.2mm shell. Your other candidate, the NICEHCK DIY MX500 PK1, which I used to have and it didn't sound very good.

Thank you for the advices.

I've just ordered the EB2. Let's see how they fit (small ears here).

About the ME80 and X6, I will wait until 11.11.

Regarding fit issues, I received the NICEHCK DIY MX500 PK1 some days ago (see pic). They were ordered so I could test the fit for pk1 shells . They fit very well (thanks to @wskl ). Contrariwise, they indeed sound bad but I don't call them my worst set of buds because they cost just a fraction of the price of my Rambo II, my current worst set.

Attachments

• IMG_20201005_190406.jpg
    IMG_20201005_190406.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 0
Oct 5, 2020 at 6:38 PM Post #49,668 of 75,280
yincrow x6 experimental target curve is up. more info here.

Oct 5, 2020 at 6:58 PM Post #49,669 of 75,280
Guess what I finally got my hands on.....Qian69s!!!!

They're a lot brighter than I was expecting. I also have to turn the volume up a bit compared to some of the other buds I use when using them. They're also a decent size, Qian39s are definetely more comfortable. I think I prefer the sound signature of the 39s tbh but I'll let these burn in or whatever and experiment around with some other foam combinations as well, they come with regular foams and the donut kind.

Also thanks to the people who provided me links to get some replacement foams earlier.

Oct 5, 2020 at 7:02 PM Post #49,670 of 75,280
What are some good options for really light low budget mmcx cable for earbuds? My lamoon audio ear bud classic lover lm047 did not come with cable and I only had the ISN c16 cable on hand which is way way too higher. My other mmcx cable hooks around the ear and are not suitable for ear buds.

Any recommendations appreciated, thanks.

Oct 5, 2020 at 7:57 PM Post #49,671 of 75,280
K's Nameless!

What a great bud for the price. The interesting thing is the driver on this bud can handle eq really, really well -- very little distortion when I use wavelet's autoeq implementation at 100% strength. So far, out of the 7 or 8 buds I've built autoeq files for, only one can handle 100% strength without distortion. That is the Fiio EM5. YMMV depending on source. I'm running a LG V60. rambo fails at 100%, smabat too, monks distort around 55% me80 fails at around 80%.

The compensation file I've attached can be used for peace (wrapper for apo eq on windows) or on android wavelet app.

k_s nameless vs autoeq vs harman.jpg

parametric file is for PEACE. the other one is for wavelet

I just got the namelessnesses (that was pretty quick Aliexpress!), and I'm pumping a bit of Radiohead through them and your wavelet EQ (via S8 and Fiio BTR3K):

Yup, they're good (and so is your EQ)!

Oct 5, 2020 at 8:08 PM Post #49,672 of 75,280
K, guys. I'm going to start generating test targets for wavelet and peace/apo equalizer.

So far, I know of these users who use wavelet and might be interested in trying out some target curves?
- @waynes world (monk lite 120ohm)
- @Nool (rambo 2)
- @sub30 (monk lite 120)

Anyone else interested?

sam target v1 vs harman vs oratory.jpg

Yup.

Oct 5, 2020 at 8:09 PM Post #49,673 of 75,280
I just got the namelessnesses (that was pretty quick Aliexpress!), and I'm pumping a bit of Radiohead through them and your wavelet EQ (via S8 and Fiio BTR3K):

Yup, they're good (and so is your EQ)!

I still can't believe that's a $2 bud in local markets. Unbelievable.

Oct 5, 2020 at 8:56 PM Post #49,675 of 75,280
20201006_074604.jpg

Found this in a stack of unknowns mods earbud customs... and was impressed that even this is much better then my Zen 2.0 in term mobility, just plug to your smartphone (Samsung Note 8 with UAPP) already enjoyable.
you get the detail vocal, good soundstage, nice separation, decent Mid bass and Rumble...

IMO, only in earbud, cable do make sound changes...

edit : similar Toxic Cable, OCC Hybrid litz...
I guess i am going out the bar of authenticity...

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2020 at 12:44 AM Post #49,677 of 75,280
Just got my k's nameless in, surprisingly big sound and sense of scale that you usually only get from higher impedance earbuds, impressive stuff. Downward sloping sound signature and warm overall with a decent amount of treble sparkle. Average macro dynamics, good micro dynamics. Average resolution but good for the price. I think these might be too warm for some but I enjoy the signature so it works for me, I feel it's significantly more refined sounding than the vido and monk. Overall great performance for the price!

Oct 6, 2020 at 12:59 AM Post #49,678 of 75,280
Hello there,
I don't know anything about earbud,
need some recomendation for a huge soundstage, airy but not fatiguing treble for long listening session,
I need those wow effect from earbud,
I have a few iem but zero earbud,
thank you,

much love from Indonesia, ♥

Oct 6, 2020 at 2:02 AM Post #49,679 of 75,280
Hello there,
I don't know anything about earbud,
need some recomendation for a huge soundstage, airy but not fatiguing treble for long listening session,
I need those wow effect from earbud,
I have a few iem but zero earbud,
thank you,

much love from Indonesia, ♥

As these are your first earbuds under conditions of a wide soundstage, airy but not fatiguing treble for long listening sessions, I would recommend three: a small size, a regular size and a top quality one.

The first is the small size Diy SR2 16ohms. select the fourth white one in the color option on the page below.
It requires 100 hours of burn-in.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32801646835.html

Next is the normal sized FENGRU DIY EMX500. In my experiance Black is the way to go.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32887565850.html

Finally, the Moondrop CHACONNE as TOTL earbuds for the best sound quality. It's a small size so if you can afford it, try this one too.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33038001813.html

I hope you like these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back