Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 12, 2020 at 7:47 AM Post #48,467 of 75,209
Where's your snow lotus 2.5mm balanced - the best faaeal? :beerchug:
here.....but I returned the Fiio M11 and got the Ibasso DX160 so cant use it...since the DX160 doesnt have a 2,5mm jack looool. Shipping was so slow my old dap got a problem and needed to return/refund it loool.

(I have ordered an adapter from 2,5 to 4,4mm but who knows when that shows up :joy: )

Jul 12, 2020 at 7:54 AM Post #48,468 of 75,209
here.....but I returned the Fiio M11 and got the Ibasso DX160 so cant use it...since the DX160 doesnt have a 2,5mm jack looool. Shipping was so slow my old dap got a problem and needed to return/refund it loool.

(I have ordered an adapter from 2,5 to 4,4mm but who knows when that shows up :joy: )
Lol at that time you still owned M11. 2 months+? Slowest shipping I've ever heard loolll :darthsmile:
Fiio M11? FAAEAL Snow-lotus 2.5mm Balanced! Trust me! You won't regret :)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32889629399.html

Jul 12, 2020 at 7:57 AM Post #48,469 of 75,209
Lol at that time you still owned M11. 2 months+? Slowest shipping I've ever heard loolll :darthsmile:
I had the M11 for an entire year. And the Faaeal package took 74 days from when I ordered it. I was actually about to give up on it, but it just randomly showed up lol.

Now to wait another 74 days for the adapter :joy:

Jul 12, 2020 at 9:00 PM Post #48,470 of 75,209
Further impressions of the fengru s300 as promised. Tonally this is definitely a midcentric iem with laidback treble and thick, lush mids. Anyone looking for pure resolution or for extra sparkly treble can skip these. Bass is pretty awesome, great micro and macrodynamics despite the thicker signature, and surprisingly good extension. For those not used to this signature bloat might be perceived but personally as someone who really enjoys this signature the bloom just adds body and richness to the lower mids, and if you listen past the bloat, texture and dynamics are still well maintained. Good punch and rumble as well. Mids are exceptional. Rich, lush and extremely well textured. Timbre is spot on as well and tone is lovely, with notes having proper weight behind them. Vocal texture is also handled extremely well. Highly recommended for any mids lovers. Treble it just kind of there, laid back in presentation, lacking a bit of sparkle and extension but that’s typical for this signature, and further directs attention to the lovely mids. Rendering is smooth and texturing is actually pretty solid.

Technicalities wise these aren’t winning any prizes in terms of resolution, but what you do get instead is close to top tier dynamic nuance, texturing and layering. Staging is forward and intimate, but the exceptional layering results in a good sense of space between instruments and lends great depth to the soundstage despite the intimate presentation.

vs ty-hiz 314 300ohms

Tonally the 314 300ohms is warm sounding bud with added treble sparkle. Mids while still warm are not as full bodied and lush as the s300. As a result, resolution is marginally better, but timbre is nowhere near as satisfying as the s300. Treble sparkle and extension are noticeably better on the 314, and staging feels larger as a result of the airier presentation. However, it’s worth noting that although the 314 pushes images further from you than the s300, it doesn’t layer nearly as well and staging as a result is bigger, but flatter and more one dimensional. The s300 while more intimate showcases relative space between instruments far better and hence creates the more dynamic and layered stage. Presentation is not unlike an audeze or hd650, where they image fairly close but show great nuance when it comes to portraying space between instruments.

vs k’s 300

Another budget 300ohm bud, though it’s close to twice the price of the s300. Technically these share a lot of the strengths of the s300, also having excellent layering and dynamics, though with a different tonal presentation. Wouldn’t be surprised if they were using the same driver. The k’s 300 signature is more of slightly warm and dark and slightly bassy, reminiscent of the vido. Lower mids are leaner on the k’s 300, resulting in faster perceived transients and better clarity. It also results in a slightly hollowed out, cavernous effect on the sound, which increases perceived stage size, with a slight cost to tonality. The k’s 300 sounds massive and if anyone is looking for a not too expensive bud that can match some headphones in staging, the k’s 300 is the one I’d recommend. Overall the more neutral presentation through the mids and better resolution means the majority of people likely will prefer the k’s 300 over the s300. But for the select few who love their mids or who want to add a really great rendition of a midcentric sound to their collection, the s300 with its high performance and low cost is a no brainer.

Jul 13, 2020 at 1:15 AM Post #48,471 of 75,209
IMG_20200712_222338.jpg

Rediscovering how great the Ourart ACG Mids & Highs are.

I just got a new USB-C DAC for my phone that lacks a 3.5mm output. These earbuds do scale up.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2020 at 4:16 AM Post #48,472 of 75,209
I had the M11 for an entire year. And the Faaeal package took 74 days from when I ordered it. I was actually about to give up on it, but it just randomly showed up lol.

Now to wait another 74 days for the adapter :joy:
Hey! Which Faaeal Iris did you buy? 1 or 2?

Jul 13, 2020 at 4:17 AM Post #48,473 of 75,209
Hey! What is the best entry level earbud to buy from AliE etc? I love soundstage,seperation and bass(not bleeding bass)

Jul 13, 2020 at 7:53 AM Post #48,474 of 75,209
Jul 13, 2020 at 9:28 AM Post #48,475 of 75,209
Jul 13, 2020 at 2:59 PM Post #48,477 of 75,209
I bought the blue one with mic.. Thats the only difference. Mic or not=) what is the earbud with the biggest soundstage/stereoeffect. You have experience that isnt expensive? And what do you mean is the best budget earbud? What kind of "tips" is recommended?

Jul 13, 2020 at 3:02 PM Post #48,478 of 75,209
I bought the blue one with mic.. Thats the only difference. Mic or not=) what is the earbud with the biggest soundstage/stereoeffect. You have experience that isnt expensive? And what do you mean is the best budget earbud? What kind of "tips" is recommended?
I havent heard many earbuds but I think the NiceHCK DIY MX500 and the FAAEAL Iris have equally as big soundstage and both in the top. DQSM Turandot being better but MUUUUUUUUUUCH more expensive so not recommended.

the tips you are thinking are probably Silicone tips for IEMS, for earbuds I think the stock full foams are perfectly fine.

Jul 15, 2020 at 7:43 AM Post #48,480 of 75,209
Hello,
My Vido earbuds just broke and I'm looking for a replacement.

Is there any recommended earbuds with sound similar to the vido but with mic included?

Thanks.
YINCROW X6 with mic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back