Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 31, 2019 at 7:40 AM Post #46,636 of 75,401
Need impression of Maria vs mojito

Just letting you know that Maria is not a 'Mojito's upgrade' as far as sound signature is concerned. It is more like a 'Masya's upgrade' in its vein.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #46,637 of 75,401
@baskingshark I went ahead and jumped in. I'm a Faaeal fan so I'm not too worried. Awesome if it's the Datura Pro but I wouldn't be upset if a Narcissus showed up.

I just got my option B FAAEAL lucky bag and it is indeed the Datura Pro!!! For $19.90 I'm a happy camper. Look forward to your set!

Dec 31, 2019 at 7:17 PM Post #46,640 of 75,401
Well I never got mine from the pre order after contacting Faaeal so just raised a dispute with aliexpress

This might turn out to be a blessing in disguise actually. Cause if you get refunded for the datura pro and get the option B lucky bag, it might be cheaper than the preorder price?

Dec 31, 2019 at 9:19 PM Post #46,641 of 75,401
Yes Aliexpress just refunded me so I will, almost half the price of the pre order

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2019 at 9:49 PM Post #46,642 of 75,401
Yes Aliexpress just refunded me so I will, almost half the price of the pre order

Great news. Haha for once u will order a lucky bag and get something you don't already have.

I'm rocking the Datura Pro now and it's probably the best bud i have heard so far other than the BK2 (though I don't own any expensive TOTL buds).

Soundstage not the widest compared to some other buds, but it is midcentric with good technicalities. Great timbre and tonality and great for vocals.

I just wished the subbass was a bit more in quantity and extension (though maybe i'm expecting too much as a basshead). Seems to have a marked roll off below 60 Hz.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2020 at 3:36 AM Post #46,643 of 75,401
Jan 1, 2020 at 4:08 AM Post #46,644 of 75,401
Finally got around to writing a review on the Moondrop Chaconne. Here it is: https://www.antdroid.net/2020/01/moondrop-chaconne-review.html

@csglinux - sorry for this really late impressions. Hope you're still enjoying these too!

I've been using some silicone rings made for earbuds that I picked up on Ali Express a couple months ago. They seem to work pretty well along with a layer of foam. Keeps it in my ear, comfortable and seals well for great sound.

Jan 1, 2020 at 9:46 AM Post #46,645 of 75,401
Great news. Haha for once u will order a lucky bag and get something you don't already have.

I'm rocking the Datura Pro now and it's probably the best bud i have heard so far other than the BK2 (though I don't own any expensive TOTL buds).

Soundstage not the widest compared to some other buds, but it is midcentric with good technicalities. Great timbre and tonality and great for vocals.

I just wished the subbass was a bit more in quantity and extension (though maybe i'm expecting too much as a basshead). Seems to have a marked roll off below 60 Hz.
That's awesome to hear, as the deal is still on! I'm strongly considering to buy one if it's indeed the Datura pro. Could you compare it to the BK2 or even the B40 in a little bit more detail? Which has more bass quantity, smoother sound sig etc. I realize that all of these are sort of mid centric but I would prefer the one with deeper bass and more accurate timbre with less sibilance/harshness. My gut feeling is that the Faaeal probably has the best QC out of these. thanks!

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2020 at 10:21 AM Post #46,646 of 75,401
That's awesome to hear, as the deal is still on! I'm strongly considering to buy one if it's indeed the Datura pro. Could you compare it to the BK2 in a little bit more detail? Which has more bass quantity, smoother sound sig etc. I realize that both of these are sort of mid centric but I would prefer the one with more bass and more accurate timbre with less sibilance/harshness. My gut feeling is that the Faaeal probably has better QC though. thanks!

Yeah I hope the FAAEAL lucky bag thing is still on. Option C of the lucky bag has been confirmed to be the Hibiscus from another thread, also a good deal IMHO, but I've too many single DD IEMs and it looks a bit too basslite for my IEM tastes, so I gave the Hibiscus a miss in the end.

QC wise, the Datura Pro has a non detachable cable, so I'm actually more doubtful of its longevity compared to the detachable one of the BK2. In fact I try not to buy IEMs/earbuds > $20 USD that have non detachable cables as 2 of my midfi IEMs (with non detachable cables) died in the past due to cable failure and I had to reshell/MMCX mod them. I wouldn't have jumped on this earbud lucky bag if it were the normal Datura Pro pricing.

I've only used the Datura Pro for a few hours today, but after doing A/B (both sets using full foams), the BK2 has more bass for sure.
Both are neutralish, but the Datura Pro is more midcentric, with roll off at the subbass. Both have good tonality, no harsh peaks/troughs to my ears. Timbre wise they ain't too far away from each other, as per well tuned buds, but I slightly prefer the BK2 in this area as it has a tinge bit more in note weight.

Maybe the others who have both sets can also chime in?

Jan 1, 2020 at 10:45 AM Post #46,647 of 75,401
Yeah I hope the FAAEAL lucky bag thing is still on. Option C of the lucky bag has been confirmed to be the Hibiscus from another thread, also a good deal IMHO, but I've too many single DD IEMs and it looks a bit too basslite for my IEM tastes, so I gave the Hibiscus a miss in the end.

QC wise, the Datura Pro has a non detachable cable, so I'm actually more doubtful of its longevity compared to the detachable one of the BK2. In fact I try not to buy IEMs/earbuds > $20 USD that have non detachable cables as 2 of my midfi IEMs (with non detachable cables) died in the past due to cable failure and I had to reshell/MMCX mod them. I wouldn't have jumped on this earbud lucky bag if it were the normal Datura Pro pricing.

I've only used the Datura Pro for a few hours today, but after doing A/B (both sets using full foams), the BK2 has more bass for sure.
Both are neutralish, but the Datura Pro is more midcentric, with roll off at the subbass. Both have good tonality, no harsh peaks/troughs to my ears. Timbre wise they ain't too far away from each other, as per well tuned buds, but I slightly prefer the BK2 in this area as it has a tinge bit more in note weight.

Maybe the others who have both sets can also chime in?
Thanks for you quick answer! So is there any advantage of the Datura Pro over the BK2? You said a bunch of things that the BK2 does better, but is there any selling point of the Datura Pro in terms of sound quality? These roughly cost the same at the moment so they are very interesting alternatives to each other for me.

By QC I was thinking more about actual manufacturing consistency from unit to unit. About the BK2 I read quite a number of complaints from loose mmcx connectors to inconsistent tuning between multiple units etc. Also I had two B40s and none of them were in useable condition when I received them, and I wasn't the only one with problems. I found a number of QC problem feedback about eb2 too. So I would be more comfortable with buying a Faaeal which feels like a more serious/trustworthy manufacturer for me. I have zero problem with fixed cables so that's not a big deal for me.

Jan 1, 2020 at 11:05 AM Post #46,648 of 75,401
Finally got around to writing a review on the Moondrop Chaconne. Here it is: https://www.antdroid.net/2020/01/moondrop-chaconne-review.html

@csglinux - sorry for this really late impressions. Hope you're still enjoying these too!

I've been using some silicone rings made for earbuds that I picked up on Ali Express a couple months ago. They seem to work pretty well along with a layer of foam. Keeps it in my ear, comfortable and seals well for great sound.
Very nice review and better late than never :) Seems like we both experienced some initial issues with the fit. But they are beautiful-sounding buds in a very premium finish.

Could you please post a link to those silicone rings you mentioned? They sound like a great idea for the Chaconnes. (Until now, I've been using your double-foam suggestion - donut foam over a full foam.)

P.S. Happy 2020!

Jan 1, 2020 at 12:39 PM Post #46,649 of 75,401
Very nice review and better late than never :) Seems like we both experienced some initial issues with the fit. But they are beautiful-sounding buds in a very premium finish.

Could you please post a link to those silicone rings you mentioned? They sound like a great idea for the Chaconnes. (Until now, I've been using your double-foam suggestion - donut foam over a full foam.)

P.S. Happy 2020!

US $4.75 5%OFF | Earphone ear pads Rubber ring of headset size 14.5mm
https://a.aliexpress.com/2ljTaG52

PM me and I can mail you some spares if you want.

Jan 1, 2020 at 1:57 PM Post #46,650 of 75,401
I'm rocking the Datura Pro now

You have forced me to order the Datura Pro (Lucky Bag). I had resisted since it was announced....but for $19.69...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back