Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 8, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #46,396 of 75,268
Out of cuirsity, what is your go-to bud you guys like to use for movies/TV/sports etc? I'm guessing it's more of a disposable bud that is forward sounding and keeps the vocals emphasized over the background noise?

I like the BK2 because it has a fun sound, with deep bass and warm mids, otherwise the benjie earbuds that came with the S5 do a very good job for YouTube videos, a bit of music, this and that.

Dec 8, 2019 at 1:43 PM Post #46,397 of 75,268
Out of cuirsity, what is your go-to bud you guys like to use for movies/TV/sports etc? I'm guessing it's more of a disposable bud that is forward sounding and keeps the vocals emphasized over the background noise?
I use Qian39 all the time for podcasts/youtube/talks/tutorials. It has very clear and forward voice reproduction, and the rolled off highs make bad quality recordings listenable. I wouldn't recommend it for music listening but for your purposes it's neat in my opinion. It exactly does what you need - emphasize voice over anything else. Works well while walking outside, and also quite comfortable as a sleeping bud. For less than 5usd it's a good deal as a purely functional accessory.

edit: for a cheap well balanced all rounder solution I really like the Qian69, for me it's very comfy and the sound is suitable for most uses, music listening included (except bass heavy needs, but it has more bass than B40 for example) The sound is balanced with a little extra midbass plus some clarity around 2.5khz, the highs are gentle and a bit soft. It has decent bass compared to other comfortable buds in this price range. It doesnt push the vocals in your face like the Qian39 but it's much better in terms of musicality, details and imaging.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2019 at 6:15 PM Post #46,398 of 75,268
@munchzilla What color Vidos do you have? The blue have got the most balanced sound. Sounds similar to what you're looking for. Other than that, I've viewed the Earbuds Anonymous bud to be a super upgraded white Vido. It doesn't have less mid bass necessarily but the bass quality is much higher and it doesnt interfere with the mids at all. Mids and treble are very clean and unoffensive.

Dec 8, 2019 at 6:26 PM Post #46,399 of 75,268
@munchzilla What color Vidos do you have? The blue have got the most balanced sound. Sounds similar to what you're looking for. Other than that, I've viewed the Earbuds Anonymous bud to be a super upgraded white Vido. It doesn't have less mid bass necessarily but the bass quality is much higher and it doesnt interfere with the mids at all. Mids and treble are very clean and unoffensive.

I didn't know there were different ones... mine are the blue ones with the remote/microphone. I wanted something I could use for phone calls on the go and thought they seemed nice... :)

I'll check out the Earbuds Anonymous, thanks for the recommendation!

Dec 8, 2019 at 11:44 PM Post #46,400 of 75,268
while I really think that it is a good and sane idea, the importing fees are really high here in Sweden, which makes buying cheap earbuds a bit of a poor value proposition... if I don't end up liking it, that is, of course.
also, I really don't like making small purchases if I can spend a little bit more to get something that I will be more satisfied with at once... :)

sorry if I'm being very picky/difficult - I don't intend to be annoying :D
just trying to not have to go through so much of a journey with audio, as I feel like I have spent far too much time in the hobby, and I also feel like I know what kind of sound I enjoy and would like to pursue.
it's just really hard to get a good view of what these things sound like, as you probably know, you yourself :)

I wouldn't mind a VIDO that sounded more hi-fi and maybe a touch less mid-bass, and perhaps a little more polite treble - if that is of any help, as a reference point for earbuds.
or Shozy BK with a touch less upper mid-range.

ahh. hmm. I've only heard good things about the Fred earbuds... strange name, but also cute.
these don't have detachable cables either unfortunately.

but you would agree that the TO600 is not sibilant/harsh/too bright, right?
no peaks or anything? :)

okay that makes sense, so the imaging isn't going to be up there with full-size headphones - kind of like how headphones can't match speaker imaging, I suppose? :)

---

thank you again everyone!!

The Zoomfred aren't labeled "Zoomfred" anywhere anyway, so it actually really doesn't matter. Just C A X printed in white on each bud.

As for the To600, I guarantee there is nothing harsh about them. They're extremely pleasant to listen to. You do need an amp with them, or a powerful dap to get the most out of them.

Dec 9, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #46,401 of 75,268
AK Store are taking their sweet time getting the lucky bag out. I got my NiceHCK B40 and Penon EA buds two weeks ago

What are your thoughts on the EA buds?

Anyone own or heard these? I don't see the words subwoofer and earbuds going hand in hand.

Saw this a few pages back. IIRC, CLieOs has the KC08T and likes how they sound. They do look funky though.

Oh wow, I've never thought of putting foams on that way! Invert them (inside out) first and then roll them gently onto the shell. Huh. Whowouldvethunk....

@munchzilla What color Vidos do you have? The blue have got the most balanced sound.

I've read that the red Vidos are the ones that are most balanced sounding.

Dec 9, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #46,402 of 75,268
I've read that the red Vidos are the ones that are most balanced sounding.

The new version of blue vido (Y-cable) is very flat sounding, but it's achieved by over dampening plus the driver itself can't really keep up with the sound signature, so it sounds quite soft and mellow, almost muffled. The white is very V-shaped. I haven't heard the red so far but I guess it is something in the middle, so it has a bit v-shape but keeps the mids roughly natural. (I guess it would be the most balanced out of the three in a musical sense)

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2019 at 2:46 PM Post #46,403 of 75,268
Hello all,

I am looking for an earbud with pk shell and sounds good without foam.

I currently have EMX500 (****), Faaeal rosemary, and Fengru EMX500.

The EMX500 sounds smooth and detailed without the foam, but the layering and soundstage are lackluster.

I am willing to spend up to $100. I asked Blur creator whether his earbuds sound good without foam, and he said that they do not (they need the foam).

As I understand, many of you don't mind using the foam, but strangely my ears are quite sensitive to long-term pressure, especially from the MX shell, which is straight.

I think that the PK shell will work well as they are smaller in diameter, and their bodies are curved.

How do the Yuin PK series sound without foam? Shozy stardust is a bit too expensive, and their reviews are with foam, so I can't go with those, but cheaper option is okay.

Just a balanced sound is sufficient, nothing too special.

Thanks so much!

Dec 9, 2019 at 4:02 PM Post #46,404 of 75,268
Smabat ST-10 ordered today. The M1 Pro was excellent, so I am looking forward to hearing the flagship model!

Dec 9, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #46,405 of 75,268
Dec 9, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #46,406 of 75,268
I got my hands on the Yincrow RW-1000. I am impressed with the clarity of the sound. Though bass and soundstage leave a bit to be had.

Overall it is still a very enjoyable earbud for some classical, vocal or guitar.

P1120025.jpg

P1120023.jpg

--

Dec 9, 2019 at 8:06 PM Post #46,407 of 75,268
I got my hands on the Yincrow RW-1000. I am impressed with the clarity of the sound. Though bass and soundstage leave a bit to be had.

Overall it is still a very enjoyable earbud for some classical, vocal or guitar.

P1120025.jpg

P1120023.jpg

--

How would you quickly compare them to the EA buds?

Dec 9, 2019 at 9:41 PM Post #46,408 of 75,268
How would you quickly compare them to the EA buds?

Complete opposites.

The EA earbud is warmer, with a slight pull to mids and sub-bass, with smooth highs.

Dec 9, 2019 at 10:34 PM Post #46,409 of 75,268

Users who are viewing this thread

Back