Earbuds Round-Up
May 5, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #4,382 of 75,871
Currently listening to my new SeaHF 320Ohms V1. 

Bass extension is amazing! I finally understand (I guess) what some people mean by full size headphone sound from an earbud.

Listening to Joe Hisaishi's - World Dream here are my quick very initial impressions

Counter bass notes is amazing, I can actually feel each string vibrating.

Horns are also very good.

High notes from violin do not have the sparkle of my Dual Driver.

However, trumpet and oboe notes are very naturally presented.

Soundstage is to my ears at least, deep, rather than wide. Though it is still wider if not the same as the Cygnus.

Overall, my initial impressions is that SeaHF 320Ohm V1 is a very laid back and dark sounding earbud. Great for long listening sessions. 

*Kindly note that the above was my personal impression, and YMMW.

EDIT: Forgotten to mention that the lower frequencies have more body to them compare to the Dual Drivers. I am comparing the V1 to the DD's because I am currently using the V1's to listen to Joe Hisaishi's Albums

May 5, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #4,383 of 75,871

Bass extension is amazing! I finally understand (I guess) what some people mean by full size headphone sound from an earbud.

Listening to Joe Hisaishi's - World Dream here are my quick very initial impressions

Soundstage is to my ears at least, deep, rather than wide. Though it is still wider if not the same as the Cygnus.

Overall, my initial impressions is that SeaHF 320Ohm V1 is a very laid back and dark sounding earbud. Great for long listening sessions. 

EDIT: Forgotten to mention that the lower frequencies have more body to them compare to the Dual Drivers. I am comparing the V1 to the DD's because I am currently using the V1's to listen to Joe Hisaishi's Albums

How is the sub-bass? More than Zen 2? 

May 5, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #4,384 of 75,871
Mojito + Mojo is no joke! and if you bump up the bass EQ the Mojito is capable of quite serious sub bass...

I am waiting on both 320 and 400 ohm versions of the SeaHf to show up. You guys made me do it....

@AudioNewbi3 Really excited to hear more of your impressions of it versus the Cygnuz/Zen 2. do note the sub bass too
biggrin.gif

More than likely at least one will end up on the chopping block, so someone can look forward to a used set of SeaHf's :wink:

@Saoshyant congrats on 2.5k posts!

Earbud bassheads with amps might want to snatch up those last few Senn MX500's on ebay germany just saying...

May 5, 2016 at 11:12 PM Post #4,385 of 75,871
How is the sub-bass? More than Zen 2? 

Mojito + Mojo is no joke! and if you bump up the bass EQ the Mojito is capable of quite serious sub bass...

I am waiting on both 320 and 400 ohm versions of the SeaHf to show up. You guys made me do it....

@AudioNewbi3
Really excited to hear more of your impressions of it versus the Cygnuz/Zen 2. do note the sub bass too :D

More than likely at least one will end up on the chopping block, so someone can look forward to a used set of SeaHf's :wink:

Guys, sorry to dissapoint, but I do not own the ZEN's.

However, for Cygnus, I will do a comparison with it after I have finish its intended 150-200 hour burn in.

Currently upto 50 hours

May 6, 2016 at 3:23 AM Post #4,386 of 75,871
I know it's kind of hacky and ridiculous sounding, but while I thought the Sennheiser MX500 was pretty unimpressive, I realized if you set the inline volume control about halfway and turn the volume on your amp higher, the sound is something much sweeter and smoother. Suddenly all the sibilance is gone and there is an excellent balance of bass.

so now i'm looking into recabling a set and putting a resistor inline so it would be like permanently having the inline volume control lower. Plus it might benefit sound-wise from the cable upgrade.

I was going to try and not talk about the MX500 cause I was so excited about realizing how nice it can sound but I was too excited and posted about it

May 6, 2016 at 5:47 AM Post #4,390 of 75,871

Some says that seahf 320ohm v1 is a lot similar with ve zen 1.0.
I've ever had both. Seahf 320 v1 is best if you compared it to other series. And it's also has very good bass extension and headphone-like sensation.
But wait till you hear ve zen v1. Though it's a little bit similar, zen 1.0 will blow your mind with it's sound. It's THAT good. Best bass and PRaT from earbud world.

*can't wait your impresion of elibuds, mate

May 6, 2016 at 5:54 AM Post #4,391 of 75,871
I actually only bought the 400ohm SeaHf, in the middle of trying to cut down on the number of buds I have anyway. Anyone know both that and the Zen 1.0 sound? Just curious. I'll post about the seahf of course when it gets in, but I feel almost guilty buying it!

May 6, 2016 at 7:01 AM Post #4,392 of 75,871
Some says that seahf 320ohm v1 is a lot similar with ve zen 1.0.
I've ever had both. Seahf 320 v1 is best if you compared it to other series. And it's also has very good bass extension and headphone-like sensation.
But wait till you hear ve zen v1. Though it's a little bit similar, zen 1.0 will blow your mind with it's sound. It's THAT good. Best bass and PRaT from earbud world.

*can't wait your impresion of elibuds, mate

Will do an impression once I have settle my never ending assignments mate hahaha. Actually, I think (without ABing) after listening to V1 (custom tuned), the V2 seems a lot brighter lol!
  I actually only bought the 400ohm SeaHf, in the middle of trying to cut down on the number of buds I have anyway. Anyone know both that and the Zen 1.0 sound? Just curious. I'll post about the seahf of course when it gets in, but I feel almost guilty buying it!

That topic is rather controversial here (?) So one would rather not touch on it. But here is just a fact according to my understanding, SeaHf used to produced the drivers for Monk, Asura and Zen 1.0's. Now don't quote me on this as I may be wrong. 

May 6, 2016 at 7:17 AM Post #4,393 of 75,871
  I know it's kind of hacky and ridiculous sounding, but while I thought the Sennheiser MX500 was pretty unimpressive, I realized if you set the inline volume control about halfway and turn the volume on your amp higher, the sound is something much sweeter and smoother. Suddenly all the sibilance is gone and there is an excellent balance of bass.

I think all electric guitar players know about it :) If you want smoother sound - turn the guitar volume knob down. Turning down volume in passive circuit always takes away more treble then bass (unless there is built-in circuit that prevents it).

May 6, 2016 at 9:22 AM Post #4,394 of 75,871
  13USD ELIBUD SABIA from Indonesia has arrive mates!

Awesome.  How do you like it so far?

Mine has been traveling since April 26th.  It is in the US now, I hope to get mine by early next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back