Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 21, 2016 at 7:23 PM Post #4,126 of 75,785
  Does anyone know anywhere that sells good 2 pin custom IEM female and male heads? I am looking into recabling some of my earbuds and if I'm going to open them up and recable I might as well make them removable to make sure they last a long time. 

I haven't been able to find many places that sell good quality 2 pin male and female heads, or even Shure style pins, I don't really mind. Thanks in advance. 

Check out Lunashops. They have lots of stuff for making your own cables. 2-pin connectors, MMCX connectors, 3.5mm connectors, the cables themselves, etc.

Apr 21, 2016 at 8:40 PM Post #4,127 of 75,785
  Thanks for bringing those earbuds to my attention, I did some research on Chinese forums, the #3 #4 #5 are developed by the same team, #5 being the newest. From the very limited reviews, opinions seem to favor the #5, 400ohm version. 

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4209779979 (in Chinese)

very oddly, some say that the new 300ohm version is harder to drive than the 400ohm version

Anyway, I have ordered the 400ohm just now, will put up my impressions after I receive them, but my experience in describing earphones is very scanty, so, plz bear with me... 

I never thought seahf, or earbug are recognized by head-fi. 

My mom recently purchased them and will bring them to me. She is non-audiophile, but she directly told me that seahf sounds awesome, and she favored the earbug 400 ohm (with seahf label on it) compared to Yuin PK1.

Apr 21, 2016 at 10:13 PM Post #4,128 of 75,785

Thanks for bringing those earbuds to my attention, I did some research on Chinese forums, the #3 #4 #5 are developed by the same team, #5 being the newest. From the very limited reviews, opinions seem to favor the #5, 400ohm version. 

very oddly, some say that the new 300ohm version is harder to drive than the 400ohm version

Anyway, I have ordered the 400ohm just now, will put up my impressions after I receive them, but my experience in describing earphones is very scanty, so, plz bear with me... 

My mom recently purchased them and will bring them to me. She is non-audiophile, but she directly told me that seahf sounds awesome, and she favored the earbug 400 ohm (with seahf label on it) compared to Yuin PK1.

I stay away from seahf after i heard they were the company trying to sell fake zen 2's.... lol

Apr 21, 2016 at 10:55 PM Post #4,133 of 75,785
Wrote a very brief description about earbug, the seahf maker, and it's history with ve in my very last post, and as chinese I know yhat's the fact~

Ok, I do think I know that actual story behind VE vs. SeaHF but I have promised someone that I won't share it. I can however tell you that the story you know isn't the whole story (and certainly not the popular version people are referring over the Chinese forum) as it is a bit more complicated than that. Just want to mention it here so rumor won't spread further than it already has.

Apr 21, 2016 at 11:35 PM Post #4,134 of 75,785
Ok, I do think I know that actual story behind VE vs. SeaHF but I have promised someone that I won't share it. I can however tell you that the story you know isn't the whole story (and certainly not the popular version people are referring over the Chinese forum) as it is a bit more complicated than that. Just want to mention it here so rumor won't spread further than it already has.

Apr 22, 2016 at 1:32 AM Post #4,135 of 75,785

Now a days my daily driver is Darkhorse G400 which is 400 Ohms Seahf driver.

Apr 22, 2016 at 2:34 AM Post #4,138 of 75,785

Now a days my daily driver is Darkhorse G400 which is 400 Ohms Seahf driver.

How do you compare it to Cygnus and Zen 2? We both own the Cygnus and Zen2 and I'm curious about the G400 :)

Cygnus is more musical where as Zen 2 is more analytical. In other words Cygnus is a bit colored, Zen 2 is neutral type.

But to be frank, IMHO, Dark Horse/SEHF G400 is at a different level :)

Apr 22, 2016 at 2:37 AM Post #4,139 of 75,785
  Cygnus is more musical where as Zen 2 is more analytical. In other words Cygnus is a bit colored, Zen 2 is neutral type.

You prefer it to the Zen 2 as well? The Rose Mojito is the only earbud I know to top the Zen 2... interesting.

EE has the G400 for a bit over $100 but I think I'm happy with what I have for now until I start selling some of my earbuds I don't use as much :D

Apr 22, 2016 at 2:48 AM Post #4,140 of 75,785

You prefer it to the Zen 2 as well? The Rose Mojito is the only earbud I know to top the Zen 2... interesting.

EE has the G400 for a bit over $100 but I think I'm happy with what I have for now until I start selling some of my earbuds I don't use as much :D

Yes i feel G400 better than Zen 2 any day :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back