Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 4, 2019 at 10:51 PM Post #41,206 of 75,863
I just remembered I made an EQ for the Yincrow X6 back when I still used that which hugely improved the sound. Now that I've got a Vido, I dug it out again and can confirm it sounds just as good as I remember. I honestly quite prefer it to my K600 this way. I'd love if someone would try it out and let me know what you think. Use this with Vido or Yincrow X6 with the stock thick black foams it comes with.

Filter: ON PK Fc 4000 Hz Gain -8 dB Q 1
Filter: ON HS Fc 10000 Hz Gain 2 dB
Preamp: -2 dB

I find the vido tonality a bit off tbh. Low mid dip, uneven treble. Hazy imaging because of the zig zag like FR. It's got lots of modding potential but I really dont love its stock sound a lot.

Apr 4, 2019 at 11:04 PM Post #41,208 of 75,863
Yeah, I suppose that makes sense. The technical ability of the K600 driver isn't super impressive, but it does have really good tuning and thats why I'm not mad about what I still consider a bit of a waste of money . By unpopular opinion I'm mainly referring to all of the hype and flowery writing in reviews of the high end earbuds, and of course the bias that comes from having purchased an expensive item .
The R+D isn't there until recently to produce a higher performance earbud (like truely high end stuff). Earbuds are just not popular enough.

The appeal of earbuds to me has always been the price to performance of the budget stuff, the fit and portability, and also the open sound presenation.

So I'm willing to spend a little extra on a good product that fits my exact preferences. But I won't spend crazy amounts until ive seen progress in development of better drivers and when companies start to release full specs and measurements for their high end earbuds so we know what we are getting.

Because there's lots of potential to make high end earbuds that sound amazing and can compete with high end IEMs and headphones. But the market isn't quiet there yet.

Apr 4, 2019 at 11:07 PM Post #41,209 of 75,863
Well yeah, I don't either. That's why I made this eq :)
It looks flat until 4khz though?

I'd probably want the bass tightened up too, mid bass bleeds a little into the mids.

I'd try it out but im strictly off earbuds for a few more months at least, recovering from ear issues.

Apr 4, 2019 at 11:27 PM Post #41,210 of 75,863
It looks flat until 4khz though?

I'd probably want the bass tightened up too, mid bass bleeds a little into the mids.

I'd try it out but im strictly off earbuds for a few more months at least, recovering from ear issues.
I measured it mostly flat until a huge mountain around 4k, which made the whole thing sound far better when reduced and upper treble touched up a bit . This is obviously without any kind of ear simulation or compensation but it was still effective .

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2019 at 11:57 PM Post #41,211 of 75,863
The Leagginal 16Ω PK shell with a single vent showed up a few days ago. Gave it 70+ hrs of burn in.

This version has no right or left markings. I took a tip from @mbwilson111 and using a silver sharpie, marked the right bud inside the stem vent.

I gave it a quick listen before burn in and it was a bit grainy. That's gone away.

As I expected lows are a bit lacking for my taste but they are there. It does respond well to EQ, so I was able to get plenty of bass. Mids are ok, nothing special. Highs were quite rolled off. Way more than expected, I had to add 10db at 8k/16k, around 4db at 4k.
(Note: I do have some higher end treble hearing loss, so others will probably need 3db less than I do. I normally add 3db at 8k.)

I probably should have gone with the 32Ω which is more vocal oriented per the seller (and more mid/highs focused).

Edit: I mostly bought this to try out the fit of a PK shell. It is super comfortable and I do like it more than the more widely used MX500 shell.

The SR2 Driver needs 100-200 hours burn-in. The sound of it will be changing until 100-200 hours after.
More treble and bass may sounds.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2019 at 2:54 AM Post #41,214 of 75,863
Hey hang on a minute, why does K's 600, a 600 ohm earbud, measure as 500 ohms with a multimeter? Something's fishy here

Only if you assume that the impedance is fixed, which it most often isn't. If a manufacturer states a given impedance, you don't really have any clear-cut idea if the figure is taken with no real load, or maybe when a 1kHz signal is passed through, etc.

Apr 5, 2019 at 5:38 AM Post #41,217 of 75,863
Asking wildly, i donmt have many earbuds but the Fiio em3, auglamour rx1 and one of the penon ones, although I really like the fiio’s “full sound” (have low end) compared to the others, are there other cheap to TOTL earbuds that have that sound? I don’t mind what price it is.

Apr 5, 2019 at 9:05 AM Post #41,218 of 75,863
Hey hang on a minute, why does K's 600, a 600 ohm earbud, measure as 500 ohms with a multimeter? Something's fishy here
You sure you got the k600? There's a k500 model too. Maybe the order got mixed up!

Post a picture of your unit?

Apr 5, 2019 at 9:27 AM Post #41,220 of 75,863
I just measured my K600, L 566 R568 My own made 600 graphene buds measure L 590 R 593 ohms I'm an electrician and have a very accurate multimeter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back