Earbuds Round-Up
Feb 17, 2019 at 6:25 PM Post #40,173 of 75,342
We are talking about Earbud here and not device. Only if this device is clone of my Smartphone, then only it can be considered :D

Is an earbud with a mic a clone of your smartphone?

Feb 17, 2019 at 6:59 PM Post #40,175 of 75,342
No but if the mic is not there, I will need separate earbud to talk or attend calls on phone. That's why it is difficult for me to buy an earbud which is not having mic.

Just buy the Sabia V6. It comes with a mic and is well regarded in this forum. I do not use mics but I have heard that the quality of some mics is better than others. Maybe someone can comment on that. If the mic is good just get it and feel lucky that they are available at the moment. Be sure to get the black cable one. It is the version recommended for use with phones...that is why it has a mic.

Feb 17, 2019 at 7:17 PM Post #40,176 of 75,342
No but if the mic is not there, I will need separate earbud to talk or attend calls on phone. That's why it is difficult for me to buy an earbud which is not having mic.

The BTR1k is a device that has a mic built in so you can then use any ear bud of your choosing without having to worry about it having a mic - and with the added benefit of bluetooth and a bit of extra amp power to drive those buds...

Feb 17, 2019 at 7:20 PM Post #40,177 of 75,342
Just buy the Sabia V6. It comes with a mic and is well regarded in this forum. I do not use mics but I have heard that the quality of some mics is better than others. Maybe someone can comment on that. If the mic is good just get it and feel lucky that they are available at the moment. Be sure to get the black cable one. It is the version recommended for use with phones...that is why it has a mic.
Thanks. Actively considering to buy it. Also, any link to TY HI-Z 32S with mic or 32 with mic?

Feb 17, 2019 at 7:30 PM Post #40,179 of 75,342
Thanks. Actively considering to buy it. Also, any link to TY HI-Z 32S with mic or 32 with mic?

If someone had a link they probably would have answered by now. Even if someone owns the TY Hi-Z that does not mean that the link they used one upon a time is still active. Any of us would have to do a search to find it so maybe you should just do the search.... but do it in google and see what comes up.

Feb 17, 2019 at 7:44 PM Post #40,180 of 75,342
The BTR1k is a device that has a mic built in so you can then use any ear bud of your choosing without having to worry about it having a mic - and with the added benefit of bluetooth and a bit of extra amp power to drive those buds...

So totally relevant to the discussion and perfect for someone who needs a mic.

Feb 17, 2019 at 8:15 PM Post #40,181 of 75,342
@MelodyMood Ok, I googled for you and found a Ty Hi Z with a mic. Not the models that you said because those do not come with mics. Many buds, maybe most, only have a non mic version. But, Ty Hi Z has this one. I have never heard it but it looks nice and has a mic. You can find it here.

https://penonaudio.com/ty-hi-z-hp-32.html

You have to choose the option that is $22.90.

I should warn you though. I remember you saying that the Monk+ has no bass. NO bass? Mine have bass and I love the sound of them. However I use them with daps that give more power than most phones will provide. Even if your phone is making a bud loud enough that does not mean that it is enough to make it sound its best. You can research the reasons for that.

3-700x700.JPG

Feb 17, 2019 at 8:35 PM Post #40,182 of 75,342
Feb 17, 2019 at 8:46 PM Post #40,183 of 75,342
Feb 17, 2019 at 8:54 PM Post #40,184 of 75,342
@MelodyMood Ok, I googled for you and found a Ty Hi Z with a mic. Not the models that you said because those do not come with mics. Many buds, maybe most, only have a non mic version. But, Ty Hi Z has this one. I have never heard it but it looks nice and has a mic. You can find it here.

https://penonaudio.com/ty-hi-z-hp-32.html

You have to choose the option that is $22.90.

I should warn you though. I remember you saying that the Monk+ has no bass. NO bass? Mine have bass and I love the sound of them. However I use them with daps that give more power than most phones will provide. Even if your phone is making a bud loud enough that does not mean that it is enough to make it sound its best. You can research the reasons for that.

3-700x700.JPG
I think that is different from HP32 or 32s. Shell and I guess sound signature is also very different. You are right that it may not be available anymore or so. With Monk+, I found the sound is lacking the bass badly. With any DAP or something, it may be ok sounding. But surely not with the phone.

Feb 17, 2019 at 9:05 PM Post #40,185 of 75,342
think that is different from HP32 or 32s.

Of course it is different. I was just pointing it out as an option.

Some people stack their phone with a portable amp. That is one solution. It can be a good idea to improve your source before worrying about getting different buds. Also, might an iem suit your needs better? More mic options and possibly easier to drive.

When you enter a forum to ask for advice, it is good to keep your mind open to ideas that you had not considered. Otherwise what is the point of asking?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back