Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 16, 2016 at 8:53 AM Post #3,992 of 75,299
12999582_10209608591556723_2003920407_o.png.jpg

521 better

Apr 16, 2016 at 11:26 AM Post #3,995 of 75,299
Category 2: THE GREAT
N°26 on the first page in this thread :sunglasses:
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t35.0-12/fr/cp0/e15/q65/12999582_10209608591556723_2003920407_o.png.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=9c1c0fb2700b0376552ccbbca2a158fe&oe=57143459

Ah! Thanks for pointing that out! I guess I can save some $$$ by buying the Jiusiaos hahaha.
What about the Pioneer SE-CS22 or CS 12?

Apr 16, 2016 at 12:53 PM Post #3,998 of 75,299
Thanks ClieOS for updating again today your list!!

My current favourite earbud is Edifier H185 (with bass boosted) if I would like to improve it (mainly to bet better bass while keeping their highs), what would you recommend, Ostry KC08 or Music Maker Tomahawk (or anything else)? Soundstage is not quite important for me and I like V shaped sound to hear mostly uplifting trance and quick techno music.

Apr 16, 2016 at 1:29 PM Post #3,999 of 75,299
Looks like there are obviously some more unknown earbuds than only "Ohh, VE Monk!!!" (joking) that need to be in my bucket list. Really appreciate the update of the list. Agree with the description of the KC08 as well, as much as they are somehow got quite the cold shoulders, in my opinion.

[rule]
Quote:
My current favourite earbud is Edifier H185 (with bass boosted) if I would like to improve it (mainly to bet better bass while keeping their highs), what would you recommend, Ostry KC08 or Music Maker Tomahawk (or anything else)? Soundstage is not quite important for me and I like V shaped sound to hear mostly uplifting trance and quick techno music

I may not be helping at all, but after hearing the KC08 for like more than 200 hours or so, I can confirm that they are pretty much an all-rounder with good highs, tight bass (sub-bass could have been better, but personally I really dig the kicks with bass drums) but obviously still dry mids (again, but I find them to be slightly more forward now). I actually appreciate these more with my own pretty varied music library as they at least don't sound fatigue but at the same time, surprisingly not something that I am bored at all (my taste is boring, so maybe I am really one of those weird ones).

I know that someone mentioned that these are good for the type of music you described above, but I personally think that you may want to check out some other earbuds like the Tomahawks or the Asura 2 since you want something that are mostly focus on electronics music. The KC08 are just not for V-shaped heads at all, in my opinion.

Really liked to help more, but haven't heard any other earbuds (yet), so that's all for now.

Apr 16, 2016 at 1:29 PM Post #4,000 of 75,299

My current favourite earbud is Edifier H185 (with bass boosted) if I would like to improve it (mainly to bet better bass while keeping their highs), what would you recommend, Ostry KC08 or Music Maker Tomahawk (or anything else)? Soundstage is not quite important for me and I like V shaped sound to hear mostly uplifting trance and quick techno music.

Is H185 one of the Edifier it's recommended to upgrade the cable on?

I bought a set of H180 and H185 from Aliexpress a couple days ago to mod based on @Joy Boy impressions.

If soundstage is not important and you do not have an amp a Tomahawk is a really good choice. Maybe consider DK Jin although I haven't heard that, I just know it has a V shaped sound, I hope to hear it soon. Asura 2.0 also good but you might feel it requires too much EQ

Unlike @supplehope i have heard all but the KC08 mentioned :wink:

Apr 16, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #4,001 of 75,299
Thanks for updating the list, but i still feel monk can be in the great category.

Apr 16, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #4,002 of 75,299

Tomahawk will be my recommendation as it kind of has the same fun factor as H185 if that is more important. KC08 on the other hand does has more of a V-shaped sound and should go quite well with techno. Can't really see wrong in either choice.

The list is currently fully updated. Probably gotten take some new pictures soon as well.

Apr 16, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #4,003 of 75,299

Tomahawk will be my recommendation as it kind of has the same fun factor as H185 if that is more important. KC08 on the other hand does has more of a V-shaped sound and should go quite well with techno. Can't really see wrong in either choice.

The list is currently fully updated. Probably gotten take some new pictures soon as well.

Thank-you for the effort which for which you have dedicated towards this thread!

THANK-YOU!

Apr 16, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #4,004 of 75,299
Lots of thanks @supplehope @vapman @ClieOS for your opinions and help... I've looked on Aliexpress and KC08 is three times more expensive than Tomahawk, I'll have to think about it.

And one important think I forgot to ask: buds size, I have small ears and while Edifier are ok (but still not as confy as Yuin buds), VE buds don't suit my ears... If I'm not wrong, I read before that KC08 are on the big side, while Tomahawk are smaller, how much different in size are they?

Sorry @vapman but I haven't modded my H185 (I wouldn't even know you open them without breaking something)

EDIT: I've seen on Easy Earphones that they sell 2015 and 2016 MrZ Tomahawk versions for almost the same price... Do you know if there's any difference between them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back