Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 1, 2018 at 10:47 PM Post #35,956 of 75,246
On a more positive note, I have comfirmed with K's that, at least for the low impedance version of the Titanium Ling, it will be priced as the same as I have reported previously, for RMB2300 or around USD345.

Also Black and White Ling will be discontinued in near future. An more entry level Ling will be introduced at RMB200 or USD30
Nice my Ling will be rare xD

And extra nice having a 30 usd 'ling' type shell from K's. May be plastic though like the EB2.

I'm really glad K's moved on from MX500 shells (not because of this weird discussion going on) because the Ling type shell is so comfortable and erogonomic to the ear. While retaining a good size internal chamber for good air volume and less resonance effects probably.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2018 at 3:34 AM Post #35,959 of 75,246
Has anyone ever compiled a sort of top ten earbuds to help head fiers with their expenditure?

Oct 2, 2018 at 3:49 AM Post #35,960 of 75,246
got an e-mail from Herry of Cypherus earlier today.

He enclosed the following photo:

He writes:
"Just wanted to let you know that I’ve made the sibling of Your Red Dragon

Its Focal Utopia in earbuds shell

By far, this is the best I’ve ever made."

I thought it was Focal Elear but apparently it was Focal Utopia that the buyer wanted his pair of Red Dragon tuned as.

I asked about the cable. The same as on White CampFred?

His reply:
"Nope, cable is different. This one using custom silver gold cable with cryogenic treatment. It is really flexible.

The buyer is asking to tune to focal utopia as he has one and would like to get in smaller form for on the go. "

I would REALLY like to hear that one! Herry used to think that my pair of Red Dragon was the best he'd made...

It looks like this pair of Red Dragon even can be used outside unlike my pair!

That's why I've called Red Dragon a concept rather than a line of earbuds: The focus is on sound, and then cables, tuning and other things are adapted to the customers wishes.

My pair in contrast to the younger brother:

Borrowed another photo from the Cypherus homepage to show how fat the lower part of the cable is on my pair of Red Dragon:

It’s mine haha

Oct 2, 2018 at 4:07 AM Post #35,963 of 75,246
I wanted to make one based on category
That would be awesome. I use final e5000 iems at the moment but I need to hear stuff around me in work. So I'm after something comfortable and reasonably neutral

Oct 2, 2018 at 4:12 AM Post #35,964 of 75,246
I wish that someone would do it, it's been suggested many many times

Oct 2, 2018 at 4:27 AM Post #35,965 of 75,246
Has anyone ever compiled a sort of top ten earbuds to help head fiers with their expenditure?

I wanted to make one based on category

what category do you have in mind? price based?

i think someone did make a survey of earbuds segmented in price and filled via data entries from people here (if I'm not mistaken @jogawag was the one that made it?)

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...1GewDzZ4k7aXFMEQNhRu7Vxg3C-9Q2A/viewanalytics

i think it would be great if this survey is made continuously open and be put on the first page of this thread so anyone can contribute and use it

Oct 2, 2018 at 4:28 AM Post #35,966 of 75,246
I think by sound type would be awesome.

Oct 2, 2018 at 4:30 AM Post #35,967 of 75,246
So you own the younger brother of my Red Dragon? Congratulations!

Thank u danneq

I used to see this place often.

I am delighted to meet herry because of the people here.

I heard a lot of earphones, but I am currently focusing on ZF, liebeslide, and SWD2 +. The Red Dragon Utopia version has not been shipped yet.

I am waiting for a product test

Oct 2, 2018 at 4:37 AM Post #35,968 of 75,246
I wish that someone would do it, it's been suggested many many times

ClieOS used to have a great list in the first post of this thread but removed it since people complained to him if they bought a pair of earbuds that he placed high and didn't like it. That's annoying and just stupid so you cannot blame ClieOS for removing the list.

1 year ago @jogawag ceated an earbud survey. It is closed now but over 100 people replied and rated the earbuds they had heard. From that survey you could get an okay idea about some earbuds (based on people's subjective perception of them).

Then there are head fiers who make their own lists on their profile pages. I've got a top 10 (well, top 8) of my favorite earbuds that I currently own. I have not yet included Blox TM9 but it will end up high in the list.

Oct 2, 2018 at 4:38 AM Post #35,969 of 75,246
what category do you have in mind? price based?

i think someone did make a survey of earbuds segmented in price and filled via data entries from people here (if I'm not mistaken @jogawag was the one that made it?)

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...1GewDzZ4k7aXFMEQNhRu7Vxg3C-9Q2A/viewanalytics

i think it would be great if this survey is made continuously open and be put on the first page of this thread so anyone can contribute and use it

You beat me to it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back