Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 23, 2018 at 7:23 AM Post #35,521 of 75,270
Earbuds with bass, of mine Faaeal Snow Lotus 2, NiceHCK EB2, Seahf 150, Seahf 320 and higher ohm K's 600

Did you mean NiceHCK EB200? You don't have an EB2... I do :) Also, I thought the Seahf AWK-F150C belongs to me!

Sep 23, 2018 at 8:22 AM Post #35,522 of 75,270
Your best bet is to get an earbud known for it's bass extension and then EQ it to sound as flat as possible. Otherwise you'll have to except the limitations of the form factor here.

Earbuds with bass, of mine Faaeal Snow Lotus 2, NiceHCK EB2, Seahf 150, Seahf 320 and higher ohm K's 600

This was my strategy as well. I have had a couple of seahf 64ohm buds and have the eb2 and K's samsara incoming. I would also suggest the HE150 or he150 pro.

Sep 23, 2018 at 9:48 AM Post #35,525 of 75,270
Ugh, everyones opinions are so different on the bassy earbuds, not sure what to get.

That is because fit is different for different ears. People have different types of music and different sources (phones, DAPs, simple desktop setups, super high end audio gear..). Ear anatomy is different for different individuals. There will never be any one best choice that is recommended by everyone. Plus we do not all own the exact same buds.

If you can't listen to some ahead of time you will just need to jump in and order something.

Also most people are not just wanting BASS and not everyone agrees on what type of bass they want. What is bassy to me might not be enough for you . I do not want a huge quantity ... I want it to be good and to extend to the lower frequencies.

Oh, and when you do order, be excited, look forward to it.. and when it arrives expect to like it :)

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2018 at 10:45 AM Post #35,528 of 75,270
Did you mean NiceHCK EB200? You don't have an EB2... I do :) Also, I thought the Seahf AWK-F150C belongs to me!
I think It's gonna be one more husband murdered in this world today :astonished: So sad.

Sep 23, 2018 at 10:55 AM Post #35,529 of 75,270
All this friggen talk about EB2...

I had just received EBX when the EB2 was released. My thinking is that I don't need a watered down baby version if I had the real thing. I am completely blown away by the EBX. Very full headphonish sound once I get them fitted properly. Also the cable is heavenly.

Still waiting on more comparisons between the 2.

Would love a bud that was MXshell or similar fit, with the mids and treble of the ebx, with a little more oomph and extension in the sub bass region.

Sep 23, 2018 at 10:56 AM Post #35,530 of 75,270
I think It's gonna be one more husband murdered in this world today :astonished: So sad.

nah, we will have dinner and watch a TV show when he gets home from work in a couple of hours... then listen to some music for a bit:) The Seahf 150 is still in my list and in my possession! I just think some people have so many buds that they no longer know what they have... lol. Need to read the gear list now and again :)

see what I did there... luring him in with food....hmmm...

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2018 at 11:08 AM Post #35,531 of 75,270
All this friggen talk about EB2...

I had just received EBX when the EB2 was released. My thinking is that I don't need a watered down baby version if I had the real thing. I am completely blown away by the EBX. Very full headphonish sound once I get them fitted properly. Also the cable is heavenly.

Still waiting on more comparisons between the 2.

Would love a bud that was MXshell or similar fit, with the mids and treble of the ebx, with a little more oomph and extension in the sub bass region.

thought the same thing too (then T0600 came out and I decided I can wait till 11.11 for the next EBX sale so I can wait for comparisons). EB2 was tempting, but already rocking the TO180 and loving it. Need a step up and EBX seems the way to go for now.

Sep 23, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #35,532 of 75,270
Recently re-purposed a disused C&C BH amp - rehoused in an aluminum case lid (Qian39 ) - it's cool paired up with Cayin N3.....sounds as sweet as.....

IMG_0702.JPG
IMG_0700.JPG

Sep 23, 2018 at 11:17 AM Post #35,533 of 75,270
Don't worry about the budget, I just want a pair that really sound the best. I do have a couple of cheaper earbuds (monks, yincrow x6, diy graphenes), I'm just ready to get some top-tier earbuds now.
Check our Blur. Outstanding. My h/H has excellent extension on both ends and the soundstage is wide and deep.

Sep 23, 2018 at 11:20 AM Post #35,534 of 75,270
Here is some impression over PT25 vs. PT15:

PT15 is known for its good detail, fast speed, clean and slight bright sound, but the PT25 is tuned quite differently. Instead, it is more toward a warmish sound that centered around a good mid range. Vocal is well textured and weighted, giving a more thicker sound when compared to the lighter PT15. Needless to say PT25 doesn't quite have the same quantity of air as PT15, but in exchange it has a sweeter and more intimated vocal. Lower end also improved, though I won't call it bass heavy in any way. Treble, as expected from the warmer sound, isn't quite detailed as PT15, but not lacking either. In sum, it is a switch from the (more or less) analytical sound of PT15 to a more classic warm+smooth sound signature. As far as overall SQ goes, I reckon it is a small upgrade but stays within the same general level. One area of improvement is ergonomics - as much as I don't like Apple's products in general, the earpod'ish design is indeed very comfortable.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back