Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 19, 2018 at 6:25 PM Post #35,267 of 75,445
for bass quantity and quality:
Samsara > Willsound MK2 > Svara L

Svara has that engulfing bass sound, it might not the most detailed, but as far as I remember no earbuds sound like it too.

Hmm, I'll have to look into the Samsara, haven't read much about it. I'm kind of salty that hotfi didn't send my Svaras I ordered last month and I had to dispute it so I dunno if I wanna reorder it if there are alternatives.

Sep 19, 2018 at 6:32 PM Post #35,268 of 75,445
I'll be looking into Linsoul BLD Earbuds soon :)

So far I can tell you only one that, that the cable sure is amazing :)
I got mine yesterday 4.4mm balanced plug, they do sound very nice with the iBasso DX200 and amp8

Sep 19, 2018 at 6:46 PM Post #35,269 of 75,445
Precisely last night I was comparing the Qian69 vs Yincrow RW-9 and I prefer the Yincrow, because they have more amount of bass and mids more present, especially the voices. Although it is true that they may be darker, for me they have enough detail. It is a matter of personal preferences.

I also got on the hype train and bought the EB2 in silver, I hope they taste like TOTL.

And I also have the new graphenes MX760 and they have a sound to forget...

The Yincrow RW-9 is almost twice the price of Qian69 though
Do let me know the outcome between eb2 vs qian69 . Thanks

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2018 at 7:38 PM Post #35,270 of 75,445
for bass quantity and quality:
Samsara > Willsound MK2 > Svara L

Svara has that engulfing bass sound, it might not the most detailed, but as far as I remember no earbuds sound like it too.

You are referring to the Svara L's 115ohm, and the MK2 rev1, correct?

It would be interesting how your impressions would be with the Svara L 32ohm and MK2 rev2 versions.

Sep 19, 2018 at 7:43 PM Post #35,271 of 75,445
It's a happy day in Waynes World today!
Got my headfi consumerism itch out of the way and ordered the FAAEAL Datura-X's and the FENGRU DIY PK1 2.5mm balanced 150ohm's (which I'm pretty sure are the same as the Linsoul BLD 150ohm's).

That should do me for a month or so. Well, as long as I don't read @dheepak10's review of the Airman AHE-150 lol.

Surprisingly quick shipping this time - 2 weeks :)

And here they are...
20180919_162257_resized.jpg

Datura X's do indeed look cool, and very impressive packaging. Nicely done Faaeal - especially for the price!

And I'm looking forward to giving the balanced Fengru's a go with the Radsone ES100.

:)

Sep 19, 2018 at 8:49 PM Post #35,272 of 75,445
It's pretty ridiculous what you can get now for $20. Both the Datura X's and the Fengru PK1's (aka Linsoul BLD 150's) sound great, and I suspect that with a little burn in, both will settle down and sound even better. And the cables on both of them are really nice. Pretty amazing!

Can anyone tell me how the Datura X's compare to the EB2's?

Sep 19, 2018 at 10:23 PM Post #35,273 of 75,445
It's pretty ridiculous what you can get now for $20. Both the Datura X's and the Fengru PK1's (aka Linsoul BLD 150's) sound great, and I suspect that with a little burn in, both will settle down and sound even better. And the cables on both of them are really nice. Pretty amazing!

Can anyone tell me how the Datura X's compare to the EB2's?
Datura X if you like a balanced muscular sound with a good backbeat. EB2 if you like vocals and...tambourines. Actually EB2 can sound quite full with full foams, but loses some of its acoustic spacious quality. It has very good energy and comfy. I like them both a lot.
If I had to choose, I’d choose the Datura X.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2018 at 12:15 AM Post #35,275 of 75,445
It's a happy day in Waynes World today!

Surprisingly quick shipping this time - 2 weeks :)

And here they are...

Datura X's do indeed look cool, and very impressive packaging. Nicely done Faaeal - especially for the price!

And I'm looking forward to giving the balanced Fengru's a go with the Radsone ES100.

:)
Dude that's amazing, every time i order something it takes 2 months, also, those faaeals are one of the sexiest buds i have every seen, im seeing those are recomended for Jazz, is it true? i may buy a gift for my girlfriend if so.

Sep 20, 2018 at 12:23 AM Post #35,276 of 75,445
Sep 20, 2018 at 2:20 AM Post #35,277 of 75,445
Just got my fukubukuro - the EB2s a day earlier than what the tracking said

I lost the coinflip and got the silver color.The silver will probably grow on me eventually.

Really love the cable and the shape of the bud itself. The cable is the softest I've ever used, and I have a feeling they won't tangle as easy as other cables. The shell itself is very small (smaller than the monk lites and pt15s diameter wise, and between the monk lites and pt15s in "protrusion"), and very comfortable in ear. It made of metal as well but not excessively heavy, which can't be said about the PT15s, IMO

I will comment about sound after brain burn in

Sep 20, 2018 at 2:41 AM Post #35,278 of 75,445
I know quite of few of you members so I wanted to let you know about some of the earbuds I'm selling.
These are brand new

https://goo.gl/wMvSg7

A few on the list

1. Penon BS1 Official
2. Zen 2.0
3. Zen Omega Edition

..more!

Check em night, have a great day and enjoy the bargain.

EDIT: Back home with a real computer and realizing I'm an idiot... Sorry!

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2018 at 4:05 AM Post #35,279 of 75,445
Just got my fukubukuro - the EB2s a day earlier than what the tracking said

I lost the coinflip and got the silver color.The silver will probably grow on me eventually.

Really love the cable and the shape of the bud itself. The cable is the softest I've ever used, and I have a feeling they won't tangle as easy as other cables. The shell itself is very small (smaller than the monk lites and pt15s diameter wise, and between the monk lites and pt15s in "protrusion"), and very comfortable in ear. It made of metal as well but not excessively heavy, which can't be said about the PT15s, IMO

I will comment about sound after brain burn in

iBasso IT01 IEMs come with my favorite MMCX cable ever. So soft, so untangled. I did slice off the ear guides though, probably will regret that but I don't even use the IEMs themselves anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back