Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 25, 2018 at 9:27 AM Post #33,961 of 75,769
somebody try Blue Ever Blue model 328R......
it seems to me like the driver is effortlessly moving and creating scape and stage. didnt expected that HDSS will hit the earbud like a bus. i dont know how to explain that but it was a total enjoyment. i think it sounded better than YUIN PK3 to me....

You confuse me. For months you have only spoken about iems... and it seem like you have heard them all.

You never mentioned even being interested in buds. Now, you suddenly seem to have heard all the buds as well. Do you work in a shop?

Aug 25, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #33,962 of 75,769
You confuse me. For months you have only spoken about iems... and it seem like you have heard them all.

You never mentioned even being interested in buds. Now, you suddenly seem to have heard all the buds as well. Do you work in a shop?

lol......hahahaha

i am actually a diyer who was on opamp(Burson opamp) and DAC threads on Headfi. my first buds and actually the first thing to put in my ear was old Sharp MD. then i shifted to apple iphone 3g(not S) earbuds and my journey had samsung, sony e242 etc.

then i shifted to main gear headphones where i met @Slater on philips shl3300 mod thread. i bought HD800 and HDV800(this was 2years ago, i guess, i was in america and was working with sonion)

after that, i moved to japanese iem and got to know about ocharaku.(well i had sony ex1000)

after that i came back to india and got to kow about chinese invasion in audio world here.

and why do i get to audition all these buds so quickly is due to long network of connection of people(you actually need it to survive in india, every thing works on so called shifarish, or so called connections with higher up and corruption)

my buddy works in FEDEX as senior manager and he makes my delivery marked as urgent so i receive things in 2 to 6 days and for free.....

lol

by the way i was modifying AGDR CMOY with TX2575 z foil resistor(this is what i actually am, ask anything about amps, calculation of resistors etc to me and i will answer that in moment)

and by the way i am starting up my own Company(Got registered) "Reference Labs" and would be making IEM(Custom and Universal), AMPS, earbuds, DAPs etc... Saving up some money for investment.

So i need impression, FR(with hardware and calibration used) and review before i get the tuning done right.

@mbwilson111 i cleared all my family debt finally

please don't report me for my unfair delivery advantage....i will still get it quicker than Europeans and Americans because i live in India

And you see I am 2years older here.....call me sensei

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2018 at 10:55 AM Post #33,963 of 75,769
I got the new Hifiman Bolt's a couple weeks ago, they are good for vocals only, comfort is not to shabby, overall for $10 you can't complain really. Bass is pretty junk though so stay away from any music that needs good bass. I use them as my Youtube IEM's for when I want to drown outside noise out and watch my favorite Youtubers without being distracted.

My favorite IEM's are still my Monoprice MP80's with 3 tuning nozzles, though I just use the default gunmetal tuning nozzle since I think it sounds best.

Aug 25, 2018 at 11:04 AM Post #33,964 of 75,769
I got the new Hifiman Bolt's a couple weeks ago, they are good for vocals only, comfort is not to shabby, overall for $10 you can't complain really. Bass is pretty junk though so stay away from any music that needs good bass. I use them as my Youtube IEM's for when I want to drown outside noise out and watch my favorite Youtubers without being distracted.

My favorite IEM's are still my Monoprice MP80's with 3 tuning nozzles, though I just use the default gunmetal tuning nozzle since I think it sounds best.
This is for earbuds and not earphones bro

Aug 25, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #33,969 of 75,769
Earbuds sits on your ear, earphones sits inside your ear, iem is pro earphone

Etc etc

Earbuds or In-Ears, all fall under "Earphones"...

In-Ears can be categorised into IEMS (Universal) or CIEMS (Custom)...

Pro or not, that depends on what it was designed for, and can come in any of the forms above...

Aug 25, 2018 at 11:31 AM Post #33,971 of 75,769
And you see I am 2years older here.....call me sensei

Sounds like you have lived several lifetimes for someone born in 1996!

At some point you will have to register here as Member of the Trade.

...and no, I was not the one who reported you that time...

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #33,975 of 75,769
Hi guys, after hearing what the EM3 can do, I'm curious about the VE line. Wanted to go with the Monk. But I thought, since the pinnacle of earbud-dom is not too expensive compared to midfi/summitfi, I should probably just get the Zen 2.0. Correct me if I'm wrong, is the Black version just a Zen 2.0 with a better cable?
Black version actually sounds a little more extended than the zen. Its something with tuning making it more mature. I think that's a limited release specific tuning

Users who are viewing this thread

Back