Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 19, 2018 at 6:14 PM Post #33,106 of 75,335
How would you compare Masya and bs1 official? Do they have the same sound signature? Do they have similar sound representation? What would you choose if you are to stay with only one earbuds between them?
With stock foam masya is nothing special to my ears. It's overly warm in the bass and it's shallow in the low mids, peaky in the treble, and hence is very foam picky...Because once I stick on hiegi/thick full foam with multi hole foam it's like a completely different earbud. It's tight and punchy in the bass, very clean sweet mids with enough weight to carry the eurphoric-sweet vocals but always light and delicate. Treble is airy and sparkles like the BS1.

Gun to mouth I'd take the masya, it's got this effortless airy sound and the low end is so snappy. It's pretty phenomenal with the right setup if you like the lighter, delicate signature, but with punch in the bass.

It's also pretty out there on the imaging, which gains depth like all buds do with the multi hole foam. It's less crazy than the bs1 for precision, but it is still accurate and way more airy and reaching out far. Somewhere in between shozy bk and bs1 imaging styles.

But it's like 60% masya 40% BS1 and my choice is factoring in the comfort-fit. SQ wise it's just personal preference because both are equal quality but the Masya is so airy I just love it.

Masya has become my joint favorite earbud along with EQ'd Ling. Second is Mojito, BS1 and BK.

And the more I play with foams etc the more I realise the difference between the $250 earbuds and the $100 earbuds is less important than the tuning with foams and the synergy with the source...

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2018 at 6:55 PM Post #33,107 of 75,335
How would you compare Masya and bs1 official? Do they have the same sound signature? Do they have similar sound representation? What would you choose if you are to stay with only one earbuds between them?
15320407333121251964553.jpg

Left side is regular white full foam with multi hole, right is hiegi foam with multi hole. Somewhere in between this sounds best, I will try make hiegi full foam with bigger holes like on the white foam.

Both sound far better than stock foam, everything improves on all levels...

Jul 19, 2018 at 8:37 PM Post #33,109 of 75,335
Sounds good! Not like I have much choice though but the BS1 is probably the best choice for the exchange... :L3000:

I hope I'll like it, as it'll be the most expensive earbuds I own if I go that route... :beerchug:
You should've listened to the xb friend before returning it, I have the cygnus which is fully oxidized and beautiful with no negative impact on sound. But talking about the xb, I'll be ordering it next week B-) as well as the hibiki mkii:p

Jul 20, 2018 at 12:48 AM Post #33,114 of 75,335
Nice! I found them to sound excellent out of my Hiby R6, maybe the 10 ohm OI was adding a low end tilt or just the slight emphasis on sub bass that dap was producing but it was the best synergy of all my buds. Hopefully your mojo will be similar.

Whereas most of my other buds perform best with my V20 which is kinda brighter and tighter bass, even if I have to add sub bass by EQ the V20 never lets me down :)

I'm really enjoying the PK32 for the SQ and comfort if I'm on the go. But actually sitting down with the cable 50% on a desk I can appreciate the BS1's nuances without the ill effects of the weight and in that situation I'd grab the BS1 more often for it's sweet sweet tonality. It's kinda refreshing for a bright earbud to not sound sibilant or harsh and shows excellent tuning from Penon.

Yes you have to live with a little 'glare' in the upper mids but it's a nice change from the usual slightly low mid or neutral tuned willsounds. Female vocals and strings just pop so much.

You'll understand once you listen :D

I didn't know the seller carries the Shozy BK as well... Should I go that route, the top up will be higher, but do you think it's worth it over the BS1?

Since you have both the BK and BS1, I'd like to hear a comparison from you!

Jul 20, 2018 at 1:20 AM Post #33,115 of 75,335

Users who are viewing this thread

Back