Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 21, 2018 at 7:49 AM Post #32,221 of 75,869
Chinmie, please don't!
I just ordered the MK2, and LOVE the Ety sound!
You're going to make me order the PK32!!!
Does it sub-bass on level with your ER4XRs?
Gah! I'm asking questions again!

now i'm on the fence here, should i answer or should i be silent and save the contents of your wallet.... :sweat_smile:

Jun 21, 2018 at 8:08 AM Post #32,223 of 75,869
now i'm on the fence here, should i answer or should i be silent and save the contents of your wallet.... :sweat_smile:

I just wish it wasn't so dividing. Some people love it, some hate it...I guess it really is like Etymotic IEMs!
I never liked too much bass until I got the ER4XRs to be honest. I love that sub-bass rumble they provide without bleeding in the mids.

Jun 21, 2018 at 8:29 AM Post #32,224 of 75,869
Finally received my new WIllsound PK32 replacement pair from Willy today ! (after almost 20 days)
My box arrived completely squashed and damaged, fortunately, the earbuds themselves survived due to Willy's package :)

I had a quick listen before going to work and ...... guess what ???
My new PK32 pair is just incredible !! this is an absolute dream !
Bass is finally here !! so definitely my previous one had a problem. Even soundstage is much better, mids and highs too.

This new PK32 is right out of the box already my best WIllsound pair ever (even MK2 rev2) !
Loving the whole frequency, it's more refined and now I understand the analogue sound they produce (that someone said here previously).
What an incredible tuning... stunning !

I will do a proper review once fully burned, but they sound already excellent to me from the first few minutes I past with them.
By waiting, I definitely join the comment above from @chinmie about PK32. This is exactly how I feel too compared to MK2.2.

Thank you so much @WillSound ! you made my day :)
Cheers'

Jun 21, 2018 at 8:32 AM Post #32,225 of 75,869
Hey guys,

Which one is the best TOTL earbuds with detachable cable?

I am looking for one that is as good as Shozy Bk with small shell!
Personally I think EQ'd Rose Mojito is very impressive. Infact mojito is a great contrast to the BK with excellent end to end extension at the cost of a slightly thinner mid range. Massive soundstage too. EQ I find fixes some glaring issues in tonality and restores full natural vocal quality. Kills the two major peaks/dips also.

Maybe also one of the Zen detachable variants? The Zen Lite Shining version seems really well received but I haven't heard it myself. Just read some posts on EA and VE facebook group.

Jun 21, 2018 at 8:34 AM Post #32,226 of 75,869
Finally received my new WIllsound PK32 replacement pair from Willy today ! (after almost 20 days)
My box arrived completely squashed and damaged, fortunately, the earbuds themselves survived due to Willy's package :)

Bass is finally here !! so definitely my previous one had a problem. Even soundstage is much better, mids and highs too.

This new PK32 is right out of the box already my best WIllsound pair ever (even MK2 rev2) !
Loving the whole frequency, it's more refined and now I understand the analogue sound they produce (that someone said here previously).

I will do a proper review once fully burned, but they sound already excellent to me from the first few minutes I past with them.
By waiting, I definitely join the comment above from @chinmie about PK32. This is exactly how I feel too compared to MK2.2.

Cheers'
Phew that's a relief, my pk32 hasnt changed after burn in, ill also have to ask willy for a replacement and I'm glad you're new one is impressing you!

Jun 21, 2018 at 8:44 AM Post #32,227 of 75,869
Phew that's a relief, my pk32 hasnt changed after burn in, ill also have to ask willy for a replacement and I'm glad you're new one is impressing you!
Definitely, I advice you to make an exchange with Willy, clearly we have the exact same issue on our first PK32 pair unfortunately. Hopefully your next will be as good as mine too
You can trust me but your future PK32 pair will also be your new king of earbuds very soon ^^

Jun 21, 2018 at 10:20 AM Post #32,228 of 75,869

Cheers'

Congrats! My replacement PK32 just left Indonesia...

Jun 21, 2018 at 10:29 AM Post #32,230 of 75,869
I just wish it wasn't so dividing. Some people love it, some hate it...I guess it really is like Etymotic IEMs!
I never liked too much bass until I got the ER4XRs to be honest. I love that sub-bass rumble they provide without bleeding in the mids.

yes, at this time it's so dividing to a point that i almost hesitant to say my impressions on the PK32, especially concerning the bass amount. but @subwoof3r latest unit confirms it that the lack of bass is because of defect.

regarding your previous question, compared to the ER4XR, the PK32 has a warmer overall tone with a slightly smoother treble and a more enveloping bass. usually when I'm switching fast from earbuds to iems (or the other way around) the difference in character is a bit jarring that i need to adapt the ears quite a bit. there's no problem switching between these two

Cheers'

I'm really glad for you! and just in time! as i said to RobinFood, i started to feel hesitant to say anything about the PK32 because of difference of sound. let it have some hours of play, the midbass will mature more, making the sound separation better

Jun 21, 2018 at 11:26 AM Post #32,231 of 75,869
I've just took out my MK2 for a listen.. maybe my preference shifted as now to me (even with thin foams) the bass is too much for me for long listening sessions. with one song though, it is still IM. .. PRESIVE...

Correct me if I am wrong, but you have the original MK2, which is bassier than the MK2 rev2, correct?

Jun 21, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #32,232 of 75,869
Correct me if I am wrong, but you have the original MK2, which is bassier than the MK2 rev2, correct?

Yup. Mine have bigger bass than the current rev2 version

Jun 21, 2018 at 1:07 PM Post #32,233 of 75,869
I've just took out my MK2 for a listen.. maybe my preference shifted as now to me (even with thin foams) the bass is too much for me for long listening sessions. with one song though, it is still IM. .. PRESIVE...

my most favorite Willsound now is the PK32 (also my most used earbuds this past month), followed by the MK3. the PK32 is more "bookshelf monitor speaker" correct in tuning for me. the bass has clear fundamental note, the kick drum is snappy and doesn't tail (no boomy-ness at all). the soundstage is more spread out to the side, while the MKs is more spherical and cavernous like listening to cinema sound system. that's why i still choose the MK2 as my movie earbuds. and the most important thing for me is that vocals feels dead centered and special with the PK32. it makes you want to listen to the lyrics without being bloated in the mid frequency.

i got a chance to test some moondrop iems last month, and the PK32 is similarly tuned and can stand toe to toe with moondrop A4(it's 4BA and most expensive flagship) . if i didn't have the PK32 when i auditioned it i might have ended purchasing the A4 :joy:

mind you, this is an opinion from someone who lately listens extensively to the Etymotic iems that most people would find thin in bass (although from what I've read on the Ety forum, those who have them don't feel the bass lacking)

Have to agree here, at first I preferred the MK2 over PK32 with its separation, clarity and bass but the PK32 has really caught up (and opened up) after some usage. I could use more sub-bass on it but vocals are sweet and natural, MK2 is recessed in comparison. Also, to me the form factor can't be beat..love pk shells! This is one of the more satisfying purchases lately..

Jun 21, 2018 at 1:14 PM Post #32,234 of 75,869
Yup. Mine have bigger bass than the current rev2 version

Kinda makes you want to try the rev2's, doesn't it? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It seems like the good PK32's are worth considering. They are not available in 2.5mm balanced, are they?

Jun 21, 2018 at 1:32 PM Post #32,235 of 75,869
Kinda makes you want to try the rev2's, doesn't it? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It seems like the good PK32's are worth considering. They are not available in 2.5mm balanced, are they?

I have tried it, as Willy's demo buds are currently still at my house.. All with balanced jacks :sweat_smile:. Between the MK2 rev1 and rev2, i still prefer the rev1, in fact because of the monstrous bass. Between the rev2, surprisingly i prefer the MK3.

My PK32 is single ended, but i think you can ask for a balanced version

Users who are viewing this thread

Back