Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 20, 2018 at 4:41 PM Post #32,206 of 75,869
In Japan, everything is next day nationally.
I also love ordering stuff from the UK, Royal Post is usually 5 days or so.
Everything else just kills me, but Aliexpress stuff is usually faster than Amazon.ca was when I lived in Canada.

On that note, my MK2 shipped out!
How long did it take other head-fi-ers in Asia to get your Willsounds?
I guess I will be checking the tracking a few hundred times a day for the next few weeks!

Amazon.ca is the fastest delivery for me. I have no idea what you are talking about.

Andrew_Sachs.jpg

Jun 20, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #32,207 of 75,869
Amazon.ca is the fastest delivery for me. I have no idea what you are talking about.

Yeah, I think that most of the stuff that I buy from amazon.ca is already in Canada (or at least North America), and the shipping quite fast. Sometimes the product is showing as not being available or ready to ship for quite some time, but I always know of that before ordering and can choose to look elsewhere if I like.

Jun 20, 2018 at 5:09 PM Post #32,208 of 75,869
The longest wait I have with earphone order from China is about 8 months.

The pacakge took a month to travel, but it landed on the wrong continent (Africa instead of S.E.Asia), sat there in the wrong country's for over 3 months waiting, then they finally resent the package out - but only by the cheapest possible way, which is by sea, and that took a few more months to arrive.

Beat that!
HAHAHAHAH! I hope you got your money back for them. :wink:

Jun 21, 2018 at 2:00 AM Post #32,214 of 75,869
Looks like Panda
yea same white pk shell except the front plate isn't shiny like the panda.

What is the difference between the MK2 and the MK2.2? Are they all 2.2 now?
rev. 2 on all the MK's is suppose to have less bass but more details. I don't have Rev 1 but MK2 rev. 2 has enough bass/mid-bass for me. They sound great out of the box.

I also got WillSound mk2.2 and pk32.
They sounds relaxed treble-mid and sufficient deep bass.
But "pk32" needs attention, because "pk32 takes 4 days for burn-in (sound signature changed several times).

At first listen the PK32 is very light in bass and somewhat veiled, but not to the point where I think it's a defect. The lack of bass was my main concern from recent reviews. And you're right, the sound does change (Willy says it needs 100 hours!), got about 7 hours burn in so far and they're sounding better, more coherent. These need to be well amped too, more so than the MK2. Used it with the ES100 by itself and it wasn't enough. Bass sounds fuller and more balanced with amp... not basshead level but enough for most genres. I'm looking forward to hearing more changes as it progresses

Jun 21, 2018 at 3:00 AM Post #32,215 of 75,869
Last edited:
Jun 21, 2018 at 5:07 AM Post #32,217 of 75,869
In Japan, everything is next day nationally.
I also love ordering stuff from the UK, Royal Post is usually 5 days or so.
Everything else just kills me, but Aliexpress stuff is usually faster than Amazon.ca was when I lived in Canada.

On that note, my MK2 shipped out!
How long did it take other head-fi-ers in Asia to get your Willsounds?
I guess I will be checking the tracking a few hundred times a day for the next few weeks!
I'm live in Vietnam, I ordered my MK2 in June 3rd from rholupat and I received it today, June 21 in my country.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2018 at 6:14 AM Post #32,218 of 75,869
I've just took out my MK2 for a listen.. maybe my preference shifted as now to me (even with thin foams) the bass is too much for me for long listening sessions. with one song though, it is still IM. .. PRESIVE...

my most favorite Willsound now is the PK32 (also my most used earbuds this past month), followed by the MK3. the PK32 is more "bookshelf monitor speaker" correct in tuning for me. the bass has clear fundamental note, the kick drum is snappy and doesn't tail (no boomy-ness at all). the soundstage is more spread out to the side, while the MKs is more spherical and cavernous like listening to cinema sound system. that's why i still choose the MK2 as my movie earbuds. and the most important thing for me is that vocals feels dead centered and special with the PK32. it makes you want to listen to the lyrics without being bloated in the mid frequency.

i got a chance to test some moondrop iems last month, and the PK32 is similarly tuned and can stand toe to toe with moondrop A4(it's 4BA and most expensive flagship) . if i didn't have the PK32 when i auditioned it i might have ended purchasing the A4 :joy:

mind you, this is an opinion from someone who lately listens extensively to the Etymotic iems that most people would find thin in bass (although from what I've read on the Ety forum, those who have them don't feel the bass lacking)

Jun 21, 2018 at 7:08 AM Post #32,219 of 75,869
I've just took out my MK2 for a listen.. maybe my preference shifted as now to me (even with thin foams) the bass is too much for me for long listening sessions. with one song though, it is still IM. .. PRESIVE...

my most favorite Willsound now is the PK32 (also my most used earbuds this past month), followed by the MK3. the PK32 is more "bookshelf monitor speaker" correct in tuning for me. the bass has clear fundamental note, the kick drum is snappy and doesn't tail (no boomy-ness at all). the soundstage is more spread out to the side, while the MKs is more spherical and cavernous like listening to cinema sound system. that's why i still choose the MK2 as my movie earbuds. and the most important thing for me is that vocals feels dead centered and special with the PK32. it makes you want to listen to the lyrics without being bloated in the mid frequency.

i got a chance to test some moondrop iems last month, and the PK32 is similarly tuned and can stand toe to toe with moondrop A4(it's 4BA and most expensive flagship) . if i didn't have the PK32 when i auditioned it i might have ended purchasing the A4 :joy:

mind you, this is an opinion from someone who lately listens extensively to the Etymotic iems that most people would find thin in bass (although from what I've read on the Ety forum, those who have them don't feel the bass lacking)

Chinmie, please don't!
I just ordered the MK2, and LOVE the Ety sound!
You're going to make me order the PK32!!!
Does it sub-bass on level with your ER4XRs?
Gah! I'm asking questions again!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back