Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 22, 2016 at 2:50 AM Post #3,121 of 75,878

Everything is awesome in TIng,

except it has less bass, means it's neutral bass, not boomy, if u like bass at low volume also, you will miss it, else in soundstage 10/10, mid 10/10, high 10/10, tonality 10/10 :)

Wow, you're making me kinda regret purchasing the Cygnus hahaha

It's nothing like that, i use cygnus and Ting both. It depends upon the song and the mood.
Some times you listen at low volume, that time cygnus is more fun, but when you listen at higher volume Ting is more fun.

My tomahawk is on the way, let see how it performs.

Mar 22, 2016 at 3:38 AM Post #3,122 of 75,878
Please do comparison between tomahawk and ting once you get em. Considering to get ting...
It's nothing like that, i use cygnus and Ting both. It depends upon the song and the mood.
Some times you listen at low volume, that time cygnus is more fun, but when you listen at higher volume Ting is more fun.

Mar 22, 2016 at 3:41 AM Post #3,123 of 75,878
  Now for the long awaited comparison hahaha

Not too long, I'm pretty good about getting my earbud reviews up lately. 
wink.gif

My Ting Review is about 40% done.. 

Everything is awesome in Ting,

except it has less bass, means it's neutral bass, not boomy, if u like bass at low volume also, you will miss it, else in soundstage 10/10, mid 10/10, high 10/10, tonality 10/10 :)

I agree 100%.  VERY good earbud.  Quite engaging with a very neutral bass production.

Wow, you're making me kinda regret purchasing the Cygnus hahaha

Never regret an earbud purchase!  I'd love to have a Cygnus and a Ting.  The more, the merrier. 

--

Mar 22, 2016 at 3:54 AM Post #3,125 of 75,878
Please do comparison between tomahawk and ting once you get em. Considering to get ting...

I can do a quick sound comparison for you. 

[This does not represent quality, just signature]
~~~ 1-10 (10 Being the Most Prominent) ~~~

Tomahawk: [color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588)]
Lows - 6 / Mids - 8 / Highs - 6 / Soundstage - 8 / [/color]

Ting:
Lows - 4 / Mids - 7 / Highs - 7 / Soundstage - 8

And because someone is going to ask....

Monk[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588)]: [/color]
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588)]Lows - 5 / Mids - 6 / Highs - 6 / Soundstage - 6[/color]

--

Clarity wise the Tomahawk and Ting are very close, with the ever so slightest edge going to the Ting.

The Monk, while good can not complete with the MusicMaker earbuds, but it is not meant to.  For that, I would need to get my hands on the Asura 2.0.

Mar 22, 2016 at 4:03 AM Post #3,126 of 75,878

[COLOR=800080]Tomahawk:
Lows - 6 / Mids - 8 / Highs - 6 / Soundstage - 8 /[/COLOR]

[COLOR=800080]Ting:

Lows - 4 / Mids - 7 / Highs - 7 / Soundstage - 8[/COLOR]

Monk:
Lows - 5 / Mids - 6 / Highs - 6 / Soundstage - 6

--

Clarity wise the Tomahawk and Ting are very close, with the ever so slightest edge going to the Ting.

The Monk, while good can not complete with the MusicMaker earbuds, but it is not meant to.  For that, I would need to get my hands on the Asura 2.0.

Its quantity wise not quality? So meaning even if tomahawk has more bass doesnt necessarily ting has inferior bass quality?

Can we say that ting is "reference neutral" while tomahawk is more "fun" tuned?

Mar 22, 2016 at 4:08 AM Post #3,127 of 75,878
Its quantity wise not quality? So meaning even if tomahawk has more bass doesnt necessarily ting has inferior bass quality?

Can we say that ting is "reference neutral" while tomahawk is more "fun" tuned?

EXACTLY!  Spot on. 

That is just my ratings of sound signature, not quality.

Quality wise, the Ting and Tomahawk are both fantastic.  The Tomahawk just has a "fun" sound while the Ting is closer to neutral, with quality bass, just not a lot of it. 

Both MusicMaker earbuds are a must have.  Both are just wonderful.

--

Mar 22, 2016 at 4:19 AM Post #3,128 of 75,878
EXACTLY!  Spot on. 

That is just my ratings of sound signature, not quality.

Quality wise, the Ting and Tomahawk are both fantastic.  The Tomahawk just has a "fun" sound while the Ting is closer to neutral, with quality bass, just not a lot of it. 

Both MusicMaker earbuds are a must have.  Both are just wonderful.

--

Buying ting is not exactly an upgrade from tomahawk then? More of buying different flavor of earbuds?

Mar 22, 2016 at 4:38 AM Post #3,130 of 75,878

Ah I see I see.... I mainly listen at lower volumes, so we'll see how it goes.

Tomahawk: [color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588)]
Lows - 6 / Mids - 8 / Highs - 6 / Soundstage - 8 / [/color]

Ting:
Lows - 4 / Mids - 7 / Highs - 7 / Soundstage - 8

Monk[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588)]: [/color]
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588)]Lows - 5 / Mids - 6 / Highs - 6 / Soundstage - 6[/color]

--

Thanks for the comparison mate!

Mar 22, 2016 at 4:41 AM Post #3,132 of 75,878
Buying ting is not exactly an upgrade from tomahawk then? More of buying different flavor of earbuds?

When talking about the the Ting and Tomahawk, no, I would never use the word upgrade.  I would used "different flavor" to describe them as you say.

For Monitor/Analytical listening I would reach for the Ting.

For Fun/Exciting sound, I would reach for the Tomahawk.

--

Mar 22, 2016 at 4:44 AM Post #3,133 of 75,878
  Currently here are some of the comparison I am interested in:

Cygnus vs Ting
Ting vs Tomahawk
Tomahawk vs Cygnus
G400 vs Cygnus, Ting, Tomahawks

Hahaha basically a battle royal of buds!

I would suggest taking the G400 off that list.  While it is not a bad earbud, it is unfortunately not anything special.

I would be most interested to hear the Cygnus vs Ting.

Mar 22, 2016 at 4:54 AM Post #3,135 of 75,878
I'm curious about the Rose Mojito myself, especially considering it's on sale for the Aliexpress anniversary

Yes, I am REALLY very curious about it as well.  The mean mailman will not drop them off. 
wink.gif

They really should be to me very soon I would think.  I will post up impressions as quick as I can when they get to me.

--

Users who are viewing this thread

Back