Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 26, 2018 at 8:56 AM Post #30,601 of 75,293
Just ordered the mk1 rev 2.
mmmuuuussssst haaaaave mooooaaaarrr willsound...

My MK1 rev.2 has arrived in the UK but it could be stuck in customs for awhile. I hope I will not get extra charges. If that happens I have to walk more than a mile each way to pay and collect.

Apr 26, 2018 at 9:05 AM Post #30,603 of 75,293
My MK1 rev.2 has arrived in the UK but it could be stuck in customs for awhile. I hope I will not get extra charges. If that happens I have to walk more than a mile each way to pay and collect.

My fingers are crossed for you.
If it doesn’t get stuck, will it be delivered to you or do you still have to hike down to pick it up?

Apr 26, 2018 at 9:23 AM Post #30,604 of 75,293
My fingers are crossed for you.
If it doesn’t get stuck, will it be delivered to you or do you still have to hike down to pick it up?

It would be delivered. If it needs a signature I will hopefully be here to sign...otherwise there will be a card in the door and I will have to go get it. Sometimes I miss my car...the one I left behind in Michigan.

My husband can't remember if he had to sign for his MK2...that was over four months ago and we get so many little packages from China and other places. The Willsounds are the only ones we have ordered from Indonesia. I wonder what the postman thinks we are doing.

Apr 26, 2018 at 9:31 AM Post #30,605 of 75,293
Listening to Yosi Horikawa on tidal lossless for the past hour through the lg v20, usb audio Pro player app and mk3. I cant imagine a better 3D experience than this. The Soundstage seems infinite and the imaging and depth is phenomenal. The bass impact is immense and full.
I've had to pick my jaw from the floor several times.

Apr 26, 2018 at 9:36 AM Post #30,606 of 75,293
Listening to Yosi Horikawa on tidal lossless for the past hour through the lg v20, usb audio Pro player app and mk3. I cant imagine a better 3D experience than this. The Soundstage seems infinite and the imaging and depth is phenomenal. The bass impact is immense and full.

This is really not helping with my wait for my MK3...

Apr 26, 2018 at 9:57 AM Post #30,607 of 75,293
Its funny, those sound like my thoughts on the Mk1 rev.2! :wink:

Apr 26, 2018 at 12:20 PM Post #30,611 of 75,293
This is what I have. I mis spoke earlier saying they mine were mk2 “rev 2” but they are simply mk2 “new batch”. Adhi from Rholupat writes that there is better bass impact on this batch and the mk2 is “more balanced” than the mk1 in terms of sound signature.
I’m now listening to the mk2 without any foams. That brings out the mids slightly more. Again, For a mere $42, I’m amazed at the detail and layering. Imaging is uncanny. Bass seems to hit from behind. Soundstage is ultra wide.
Day 3 in constant use.
I still think it’s a bonified no brainer.

I'll be ordering a pair when available next week. I wish that they had mmcx cables (so that I could use my upcoming balanced cable with them). But that's ok.

Apr 26, 2018 at 1:16 PM Post #30,612 of 75,293
My Shozy BK died on me today. :confounded::cold_sweat:
Seems the right driver went out... and its out of warranty.
Contact shozy on FB they might repair it for a cost? I’ve talked to them before they seem helpful so it cannot hurt to try!

Also if you’re handy at DIY work in earbuds you can open the cover and check the driver to cable connection. Might be that the cable is damaged and not the driver dieing?

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #30,613 of 75,293
Contact shozy on FB they might repair it for a cost? I’ve talked to them before they seem helpful so it cannot hurt to try!

Also if you’re handy at DIY work in earbuds you can open the cover and check the driver to cable connection. Might be that the cable is damaged and not the driver dieing?
Thank you, I will contact them and see what they say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back