Earbuds Round-Up
Feb 10, 2018 at 12:05 PM Post #28,202 of 75,267

Finally able to compare these two. My conclusion: I'll skip the BS1
You don’t like it’s sound or just that the Liebsleid is better? Because I’m not surprised that the $290 earbud outperforms the $99 earbud :)

Feb 10, 2018 at 12:16 PM Post #28,203 of 75,267
hey guys, out of nowhere my friend (non audio savvy person) said her earbuds cable sleeving is broken. i asked her what buds it is and ask her to send the pic. and it's a mx985...
so i asked her for it, and she gave me!

now my question is, what good cables are there to recable the senn? i got told by a friend here that it can't be too big. anyone with past experience here?

Feb 10, 2018 at 12:29 PM Post #28,204 of 75,267
You don’t like it’s sound or just that the Liebsleid is better? Because I’m not surprised that the $290 earbud outperforms the $99 earbud :)

the BS1 done most things great (nice bass and treblee xtension, great soundstage, good SQ, good looks) but there's something off about them that makes me think they are not for me. they seem to lack..punch..

there's some earbuds that have smooth and laid-back manners like this that i still like, but the BS1.. when i listened to them, i ended up looking at the TV rather than being urged to close my eyes to enjoy them. it's just sounded unexciting to me overall.

i did focus to compare them because they seems to share the same "TOTL" level, but the truth is i even compared it to my **** PT15 and recabled Sharp MD, and ended enjoying them more.

this is similar when i had the TY650. No denying it is a great bud (some people like them very much), but it's just missing something that makes it not for me.

concerning whether they are TOTL or not, well at least to me they are at Masya level. i would still rate the K's samsara and BK have a higher.

Feb 10, 2018 at 12:33 PM Post #28,205 of 75,267
hey guys, out of nowhere my friend (non audio savvy person) said her earbuds cable sleeving is broken. i asked her what buds it is and ask her to send the pic. and it's a mx985...

now my question is, what good cables are there to recable the senn? i got told by a friend here that it can't be too big. anyone with past experience here?
Wow... That’s nice! Need the cable experts in here for that :)
the BS1 done most things great (nice bass and treblee xtension, great soundstage, good SQ, good looks) but there's something off about them that makes me think they are not for me. they seem to lack..punch..

there's some earbuds that have smooth and laid-back manners like this that i still like, but the BS1.. when i listened to them, i ended up looking at the TV rather than being urged to close my eyes to enjoy them. it's just sounded unexciting to me overall.

i did focus to compare them because they seems to share the same "TOTL" level, but the truth is i even compared it to my **** PT15 and recabled Sharp MD, and ended enjoying them more.

this is similar when i had the TY650. No denying it is a great bud (some people like them very much), but it's just missing something that makes it not for me.

concerning whether they are TOTL or not, well at least to me they are at Masya level. i would still rate the K's samsara and BK have a higher.
That’s understandable whether it’s a pairing with your source and/or just personal preference sometimes earbuds can be good quality but not right for your preference.

You’ll have no issue reselling it if needed I think, it looks amazing and gets mostly great reviews.

Can I ask did you pair it with your earstudio or a different source, I wonder what the signature or characteristics are, I’d be looking for a source with good extension and a warmer tonality to liven these up, but it’s always more complicated than that some pairings just clicks others are not so great.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2018 at 12:57 PM Post #28,206 of 75,267
Can I ask did you pair it with your earstudio or a different source, I wonder what the signature or characteristics are, I’d be looking for a source with good extension and a warmer tonality to liven these up, but it’s always more complicated than that some pairings just clicks others are not so great.

Good question.

Well metal is totally not for everyone, so it's understandable. Not all metal is shouty though, I mentioned Opeth before (not sure if you've ever listened to them). They're a very dynamic band (metal or prog-rock depending on whom you ask) whose music has a wide variety of styles. They have some shoutier songs, but a few particular albums are mainly just beautifully played prog-rock with a mix of clean and harsh vocals. Remind me tomorrow to link you a song or two that sounds really good on the BS1 :thumbsup:

Although I'm not hugely into metal, Opeth is rather awesome. Found another progressive metal band from the "Prog" thread called Green Carnation. Quite liking them as well:

Feb 10, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #28,207 of 75,267
Wow... That’s nice! Need the cable experts in here for that :)

That’s understandable whether it’s a pairing with your source and/or just personal preference sometimes earbuds can be good quality but not right for your preference.

You’ll have no issue reselling it if needed I think, it looks amazing and gets mostly great reviews.

No.. i could never resell it.. because it's not mine :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
i borrowed them from my friend to see if i should purchase them or not.

i tried them with my earstudio, also direct from my tablet, and from my ipod classic. i haven't test using the earbuddy with the tablet and ipod. tomorrow morning I'll give more report on that

regarding about the recabled sharp md: i have two of the stock version, and one recabled (i also have stock vidos and a recabled one). i didn't recabled them myself, because i can't solder anything to even safe my life(and I'm lazy), so i just bought them from local modders, mainly because it looks cooler and stronger. i don't know if it's cable only or they also did dumping mods, but they definitely sound different, even my little boy can hear the difference.

Feb 10, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #28,208 of 75,267
The WillSound MK2 has a really nice sound stage

I had a good listen to them twice last week and was amazed by some of the detail they were pulling out of the music I was playing and you're right, really good sound stage. Punching above their weight price-wise, I reckon. I noticed Adhi has the Mk3 on his site and an Edifer H180 mod called Bejo. Sorely tempted, despite telling myself to save it for end game buds.

http://www.rholupat.com/custom-earphone

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #28,209 of 75,267

I'll only help you if you give them back to her.

Feb 10, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #28,210 of 75,267

Did you give her some nice modern buds in exchange? :)

Feb 10, 2018 at 1:22 PM Post #28,212 of 75,267
Feb 10, 2018 at 1:49 PM Post #28,213 of 75,267
Interested in which bud ares your favorite for Opeth, they are one of my most if not the most listened bands.
Hello fellow Opeth fan:fist: Haha well I don't have many to pick from at the moment :p But while my Monk+ was decent for Opeth, they weren't as immersive or powerful as the BS1 Official are. I listened to Harvest (from Blackwater Park) last night before bed and the thrum of the guitars and the positioning of the instruments were awesome. What earbuds do you have now?

Although I'm not hugely into metal, Opeth is rather awesome. Found another progressive metal band from the "Prog" thread called Green Carnation.
They definitely are (as are Katatonia). I like that there's variety in their albums too so that whether you want mainly softer prog songs or harder metal songs they have an album to listen to. And of course it's still somewhat wintery where I am so the music fits the mood. I will check out your band recommendation shortly, thank you for that.

Feb 10, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #28,214 of 75,267
They definitely are (as are Katatonia). I like that there's variety in their albums too so that whether you want mainly softer prog songs or harder metal songs they have an album to listen to. And of course it's still somewhat wintery where I am so the music fits the mood. I will check out your band recommendation shortly, thank you for that.

Yes, give the album/video that I put into the spoiler a spin and let me know what you think. And I'll be checking out Katatonia :)

Feb 10, 2018 at 2:02 PM Post #28,215 of 75,267
Yes, give the album/video that I put into the spoiler a spin and let me know what you think. And I'll be checking out Katatonia :)
If you want old school death metal start with their old stuff. I personally am not a fan of that stuff so I don't bother. Imo they got really good around Viva Emptiness onward, so I'd start there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back