Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 18, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #23,866 of 75,285
Just got my Seahf-AWK-F150C's delivered and wow I like them a lot. Wonderful bass and the soundstage is probably the best I have heard in an earbud

Are you referring to these puppies?

How do they compare to the graphenes? Would they be a nice compliment to them?

Thx!

Oct 18, 2017 at 11:40 AM Post #23,867 of 75,285
That's the ones, I prefer them as I find them much more dramatic. The most striking is the soundstage it really is good

Oct 18, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #23,868 of 75,285
That's the ones, I prefer them as I find them much more dramatic. The most striking is the soundstage it really is good

Thanks. I think I'll have to set you to "ignore" pretty soon lol :wink:

Is that the store that you got them from as well? (I have only been using NiceHCK so far, so I want to be careful)

I don't have any Seahf's. You have a few Seahf's, and there are a lot of different ones out there. Do you rate the F150C's highly out of the ones that you have? Thx again.

Oct 18, 2017 at 12:16 PM Post #23,869 of 75,285
I got mine from Jim NICEHCK. I like the 32 ohm one as it sounds good on my phone and daps, the 64 ohm one is better but needs amped and this 150 ohm one is best of all but does need a bit of juice

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #23,870 of 75,285
I got mine from Jim NICEHCK. I like the 32 ohm one as it sounds good on my phone and daps, the 64 ohm one is better but needs amped and this 150 ohm one is best of all but does need a bit of juice

Thanks. I didn't seem them there before, but found them now.

To juice or not to juice, that is the question! They would be fine at my desktop, but not sure with my daps. Right now I have the Xduoo X3 (250mW @ 32Ω load) and the Walnut V2 (approx 100mW), and wanting the Cayin N3 (130mW). Hmm! I think I'll just go for them :)

Oct 18, 2017 at 7:05 PM Post #23,875 of 75,285

Just ordered one, I'm a sucker for huge soundstage, how does it compare to the masya?

I had to send the right side back to penon for a replacement as there was rattling/vibration, still waiting on them.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2017 at 7:23 PM Post #23,876 of 75,285
Masya's have had 35-40 hours burn in now. I'm also using a combination of thin foam (similar to monk) and a heigi donut. This, to me, is the best combination so far. Still waiting for my VE ex pack to make a monk thin and monk thin donut (cut into donut) combo, which I think will be my best bet.

My opinion of them is pretty good. Excellent for some tastes, not so much mine.

- Very pleasing soundstage, imaging and extension. This is the best part about them. Gets close to headphone territory here. Soundstage is big enough for earbud standards, imaging seems pretty accurate, extension is impressive on both ends! 9.5/10

- Quiet bright sounding, but the smoothness of the upper mids makes it a tolerable brightness.

- Sub bass is well controlled. Almost reigned in and not reaching its full power. This is intentional though as to keep the low end clean and completely bloat free. Personally I'd prefer slightly more emphasis on the sub bass for a more impactful bass experience. 8/10

-Mid bass is lightning quick, almost too quick which means it doesn't flow into the lower mids, on the plus side there's absolutely zero congestion. It's over before it begins on some tracks whilst being very powerful at the same time... it's very tightly controlled, holds some impact and just about delivers enough thump on most tracks. 8.5/10

- Mids and upper mids are the strong point of this earbud. Near perfection if you consider neutral-bright sound as a good starting point. So much detailed clarity, smoothness and control in delivering vocals and acoustical instruments. Only downside is it's not quiet as full sounding as I'd like which is the sacrifice made with such clarity and it's neutral and bright sound. 9.5/10

-High's and treble carry on where the mids left off. The whole transition between mids and highs is exceptionally fluid. There's incredible detail and extension here, but it's more analytical in its presentation thus lacking some sparkle. Also whilst being smooth for such a bright earbud, it can occasionally become overly bright on some tracks due to its extended treble so it's not for sensitive ears. Overall almost as high class as the mids. 9/10

Personally I don't feel it's the complete package for my taste. It's lacking the full thick vocals, sparkly highs and some sub bass rumble to be my end game earbud.

Although I can see some people loving what the Masya has to offer. Clarity in a well rounded and neutral-bright sounding earbud.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2017 at 7:36 PM Post #23,877 of 75,285
Just ordered one, I'm sucker for huge soundstage, how does it compare to the masya?

I had to send the right side back to penon for a replacement as there was rattling/vibration, still waiting on them.

Sorry you have to return them, the biggest difference with the Seahf AWK-150C's is the powerful bass, it is awesome and I personally think the soundstage is wider

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2017 at 7:45 PM Post #23,878 of 75,285
Masya's have had 35-40 hours burn in now. I'm also using a combination of thin foam (similar to monk) and a heigi donut. This, to me, is the best combination so far. Still waiting for my VE ex pack to make a monk thin and monk thin donut (cut into donut) combo, which I think will be my best bet.

My opinion of them is pretty good. Excellent for some tastes, not so much mine.

- Very pleasing soundstage, imaging and extension. This is the best part about them. Gets close to headphone territory here. Soundstage is big enough for earbud standards, imaging seems pretty accurate, extension is impressive on both ends! 9.5/10

- Quiet bright sounding, but the smoothness of the upper mids makes it a tolerable brightness.

- Sub bass is well controlled. Almost reigned in and not reaching its full power. This is intentional though as to keep the low end clean and completely bloat free. Personally I'd prefer slightly more emphasis on the sub bass for a more impactful bass experience. 8/10

-Mid bass is lightning quick, almost too quick which means it doesn't flow into the lower mids, on the plus side there's absolutely zero congestion. It's over before it begins on some tracks whilst being very powerful at the same time... it's very tightly controlled, holds some impact and just about delivers enough thump on most tracks. 8.5/10

- Mids and upper mids are the strong point of this earbud. Near perfection if you consider neutral-bright sound as a good starting point. So much detailed clarity, smoothness and control in delivering vocals and acoustical instruments. Only downside is it's not quiet as full sounding as I'd like which is the sacrifice made with such clarity and it's neutral and bright sound. 9.5/10

-High's and treble carry on where the mids left off. The whole transition between mids and highs is exceptionally fluid. There's incredible detail and extension here, but it's more analytical in its presentation thus lacking some sparkle. Also whilst being smooth for such a bright earbud, it can occasionally lose control on some tracks so it's not for sensitive ears. Overall almost as top quality as the mids. 9/10

Personally I don't feel it's the complete package for my taste. It's lacking the full thick vocals, sparkly highs and some sub bass rumble to be my end game earbud.

Although I can see some people loving what the Masya has to offer. Clarity in a well rounded and neutral-bright sounding earbud.

Great impressions :)

Oct 18, 2017 at 7:46 PM Post #23,879 of 75,285
Sorry you have to return them, the biggest difference with the Seahf AWK-150C's is the powerful bass, it is awesome and I personally think the soundstage is wider

Stop it :)

Oct 18, 2017 at 7:55 PM Post #23,880 of 75,285
Great impressions :)
Thanks. I can see these performing amazingly on a warmer 'fuller' source than my iphone 6s. Altough my PC is both warmer, fuller and more 'energetic' being a higher power source than my iphone and whilst the masya did sound better through it, it's not night and day differences. Which probably aligns with the opinion that the masya is not very picky about source, thus being a great mobile earbud!

I think the iphone 6s is definitely a more neutral source than most phones. My old windows phone and many android's seem to omit a slightly warmer coloured sound. Which might actually help the masya IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back