Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 18, 2017 at 9:54 PM Post #23,881 of 75,356
To tell the truth, I do not much about ty 650. But it is more cheap than stardust, and I think that 6th earbuds at GREAT rank of ClieOS list would have some performance.

will get back to you on that, my Ty 650 should arrive today, I'll make comparisons to my ps100-500 later

Oct 18, 2017 at 10:55 PM Post #23,886 of 75,356
Sorry you have to return them, the biggest difference with the Seahf AWK-150C's is the powerful bass, it is awesome and I personally think the soundstage is wider

Luckily I bought em from penon after reading about rose poor qc. That sounds perfect can't wait to try them on.

Masya's have had 35-40 hours burn in now. I'm also using a combination of thin foam (similar to monk) and a heigi donut. This, to me, is the best combination so far. Still waiting for my VE ex pack to make a monk thin and monk thin donut (cut into donut) combo, which I think will be my best bet.

My opinion of them is pretty good. Excellent for some tastes, not so much mine.

- Very pleasing soundstage, imaging and extension. This is the best part about them. Gets close to headphone territory here. Soundstage is big enough for earbud standards, imaging seems pretty accurate, extension is impressive on both ends! 9.5/10

- Quiet bright sounding, but the smoothness of the upper mids makes it a tolerable brightness.

- Sub bass is well controlled. Almost reigned in and not reaching its full power. This is intentional though as to keep the low end clean and completely bloat free. Personally I'd prefer slightly more emphasis on the sub bass for a more impactful bass experience. 8/10

-Mid bass is lightning quick, almost too quick which means it doesn't flow into the lower mids, on the plus side there's absolutely zero congestion. It's over before it begins on some tracks whilst being very powerful at the same time... it's very tightly controlled, holds some impact and just about delivers enough thump on most tracks. 8.5/10

- Mids and upper mids are the strong point of this earbud. Near perfection if you consider neutral-bright sound as a good starting point. So much detailed clarity, smoothness and control in delivering vocals and acoustical instruments. Only downside is it's not quiet as full sounding as I'd like which is the sacrifice made with such clarity and it's neutral and bright sound. 9.5/10

-High's and treble carry on where the mids left off. The whole transition between mids and highs is exceptionally fluid. There's incredible detail and extension here, but it's more analytical in its presentation thus lacking some sparkle. Also whilst being smooth for such a bright earbud, it can occasionally become overly bright on some tracks due to its extended treble so it's not for sensitive ears. Overall almost as high class as the mids. 9/10

Personally I don't feel it's the complete package for my taste. It's lacking the full thick vocals, sparkly highs and some sub bass rumble to be my end game earbud.

Although I can see some people loving what the Masya has to offer. Clarity in a well rounded and neutral-bright sounding earbud.

Yea masya can end up sounding a bit thin, but the soundstage and clarity is pretty awesome on certain genre.
I do end up using the shozy bk a lot more, but kinda miss the masya when I don't have it.

Oct 19, 2017 at 6:11 AM Post #23,887 of 75,356
Luckily I bought em from penon after reading about rose poor qc. That sounds perfect can't wait to try them on.

Yea masya can end up sounding a bit thin, but the soundstage and clarity is pretty awesome on certain genre.
I do end up using the shozy bk a lot more, but kinda miss the masya when I don't have it.
I really want the Shozy BK... Its just hard to justify the price after buying many budget earbuds and the Masya.

Oct 19, 2017 at 7:19 AM Post #23,889 of 75,356
Thanks for whoever recommended seahf for my metal listening. Sound amazing, great bite and deals with aggressive guitars very well. Bargain

Users who are viewing this thread

Back