Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 14, 2017 at 11:42 AM Post #23,746 of 75,671
Right well I went ahead and ordered the clear graphenes from AK Audio Store on aliexpress (second in graphene search results. It appears to be the same earbud as Nicehck version. Although it's €5 cheaper...

I'll give it a chance anyway and hope for the best. Maybe Nicehck can demand higher price due to popularity and reputation of his store, I don't know.

Oct 14, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #23,747 of 75,671
Right well I went ahead and ordered the clear graphenes from AK Audio Store on aliexpress (second in graphene search results. It appears to be the same earbud as Nicehck version. Although it's €5 cheaper...

I'll give it a chance anyway and hope for the best. Maybe Nicehck can demand higher price due to popularity and reputation of his store, I don't know.
The information that HCK's Graphen MX760 is the same as AK Audio(and also other stores?)'s is very important!:L3000:

Oct 14, 2017 at 12:57 PM Post #23,749 of 75,671
The information that HCK's Graphen MX760 is the same as AK Audio(and also other stores?)'s is very important!:L3000:
Well I won't know unless I get my hands on nicehck pair also^^

This version looks the next best to nicehck. I mean they literally look the same on the outside whereas other varients have different cables and jacks.

The drivers we just cannot be sure about though unfortunately! The version i bought still got good ratings 4.8 vs 5, with a difference so little it's not clear if it's the same earbud or not.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #23,750 of 75,671
BTW, I wanted to buy SVARA-L at NiceHCK.
So REAL abnormal conversations on web started at negotiation of the trade.

He said that "SVARA-L is metal earphone,so it happens easily that electric leak.".
Certainly it seemed such buyer's claimes were many times, because he said "This is the reason of not to be able to discount this product much.".
And when I sayed that I want 30Ω version, he said also that "You can not select SVARA-L's impedance(30Ω or 90 Ω) .".
And he said last "I hope you can understand,Sincere apologies!".

Although he was very honest to me, I gave up to buy SVARA-L from NiceHCK at last.:triportsad:

Oct 15, 2017 at 12:20 AM Post #23,752 of 75,671
The DQSM Z&W420 Earbud:

www.aliexpress.com/item/2017-New-DQSM-Z-W420-Earbud-In-Ear-Earphone-Flat-Head-Plug-Earplugs-Headset-HIFI-Earphone/32831073020.html

Bling, in either silver or gold. I went for the gold.

I was not sure what to expect before the DQSM Z&W420 arrived. I can tell you I was not under the impression they would be this good.

First, the build quality is very nice. The gold paint is flawless and looks lovely in person. The cable is satisfying in the hand, though can tangle a bit and there is a touch of microphonics. The 3.5mm plug is quite superb with its materials and premium weight.

Sound signature is ever so slightly V shaped. Mids still hold their value and vocals are carefully composed. Lows are present and accurate, with equal amounts of mid and sub bass. Highs are detailed and borderline bright at times. Soundstage is wide, yet controlled. I would say the overall sound playback is between fun and analytical.

A standout track was Depeche Mode's, "Enjoy The Silence". Dave Gahan's vocals were portrayed with a careful ease and smoothness, while the bass was perfectly balanced with more than sufficient structure in the highs to tie it all together.

Over all, the DQSM Z&W420 impressed me. It is not just bling, but a valuable earbud.

- As always, all photos were taken by me -

P1090767.jpg

P1090773.jpg

P1090769.jpg

P1090781.jpg

P1090777.jpg

--

Oct 15, 2017 at 12:34 AM Post #23,753 of 75,671
The DQSM Z&W420 Earbud:

www.aliexpress.com/item/2017-New-DQSM-Z-W420-Earbud-In-Ear-Earphone-Flat-Head-Plug-Earplugs-Headset-HIFI-Earphone/32831073020.html

Bling, in either silver or gold. I went for the gold.

I was not sure what to expect before the DQSM Z&W420 arrived. I can tell you I was not under the impression they would be this good.

First, the build quality is very nice. The gold paint is flawless and looks lovely in person. The cable is satisfying in the hand, though can tangle a bit and there is a touch of microphonics. The 3.5mm plug is quite superb with its materials and premium weight.

Sound signature is ever so slightly V shaped. Mids still hold their value and vocals are carefully composed. Lows are present and accurate, with equal amounts of mid and sub bass. Highs are detailed and borderline bright at times. Soundstage is wide, yet controlled. I would say the overall sound playback is between fun and analytical.

A standout track was Depeche Mode's, "Enjoy The Silence". Dave Gahan's vocals were portrayed with a careful ease and smoothness, while the bass was perfectly balanced with more than sufficient structure in the highs to tie it all together.

Over all, the DQSM Z&W420 impressed me. It is not just bling, but a valuable earbud.

- As always, all photos were taken by me -

P1090767.jpg

P1090773.jpg

P1090769.jpg

P1090781.jpg

P1090777.jpg

--
Do you have graphenes to compare ?

Oct 15, 2017 at 2:43 AM Post #23,755 of 75,671
Hi guys, I need a bit of advice, I received my Graphenes from NICEHCK but I´m having some doubts, they sound very good but I have to turn the volume up a lot more than with my other earbuds which I find strange since these sould be easier to move from the specs? I also like to crank the volume up high now and then, and when I do this the left earbud emits screeching / crackling noises which is a first for me. Have any other Graphene owners expereinced this? TIA.
Had same "cracking on lows" problem on eb200, also was asked to prove it. I downloaded frequency generator for android, found the frequency and volume level, when one earbud is ok, and second is cracking and just recorded video - by closing holes on one earbud and then another, and the difference was there.

PS Jim solved the problem for me after this.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #23,758 of 75,671
After splashing cash on IEMs, I have finally decided they are not for me, as I cannot get large enough tips to keep them in my ears, plus I don't really like the feel. So it's back to earbuds. I bought some Monks but really need something better. I was reading up on the Ty Hi-Z series, in particular, the 650, but also the Shozy BK. Is there anything else I should consider? I'll point out that I really don't want to be spending a lot on amplification. I do have a FiiO A3 though and the source is the FiiO X5ii.

Oct 15, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #23,760 of 75,671
After splashing cash on IEMs, I have finally decided they are not for me, as I cannot get large enough tips to keep them in my ears, plus I don't really like the feel. So it's back to earbuds. I bought some Monks but really need something better. I was reading up on the Ty Hi-Z series, in particular, the 650, but also the Shozy BK. Is there anything else I should consider? I'll point out that I really don't want to be spending a lot on amplification. I do have a FiiO A3 though and the source is the FiiO X5ii.

What's your preferred sound signature? A more analytical sound? A bit more neutral? Bassy sound (sort of difficult with earbuds).

Shozy Stardust/BK is really good with sweet mids and detailed treble. Bass is tight and has got good texture and decent depth. Not really bassy earbuds but they are not really lacking in bass either.

Perhaps Rose Masya can be another low impedance recommendation (I haven't heard those). Or CampFred 2 from tiny Indonesian earbud maker Cypherus (I just received my pair and they are really good). A bit like Shozy Stardust but deeper sub bass.

I have never bought a pair of IEMs, but I've gotten a few together with MP3 players that I've bought. It's always been earbuds for me, though. A few years ago the earbud world was pretty much dead and not many Head fiers cared about them, but the last 2-3 years has brought an earbud renaissance from mainly Chinese makers but also small Thai and Indonesian companies.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back