Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 12, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #23,686 of 75,861
I have both, really enjoy the Monk+ and find the TY HI-Z 32 to be nigh on unlistenable due to the harsh upper mids. So it's all down to preference really. Different for the TY HI-Z 32 balanced, and the Seahf 32, both of which I liked as neither suffered this. I never had the v1 TY 32 though, pretty sure mine was the later version.
There's certainly nothing harsh about the sound signature of the TYs I've got, and the Monks are quite dull and lifeless. I'm not a particularly fussy person either - I like most of the cheap IEMs I've bought in one way or another. We must have very different ears or there is a lot of variation between different batches of these earbuds.

EDIT: Actually, as something of an earbud novice, I was really surprised how much of a difference the sponges make - I was trying out a freebie pair of earbuds today that came with a cheap DAP I bought a while ago and they sounded ridiculously bassy...really boomy and overpowering. I was about to toss them in the bin when I thought I'd just try them with a pair of the thin sponges that came with the Monks first and they sounded completely different. Much more reasonable bass and quite a nice sound really.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2017 at 4:40 PM Post #23,687 of 75,861
There's certainly nothing harsh about the sound signature of the TYs I've got, and the Monks are quite dull and lifeless. I'm not a particularly fussy person either - I like most of the cheap IEMs I've bought in one way or another. We must have very different ears or there is a lot of variation between different batches of these earbuds.

EDIT: Actually, as something of an earbud novice, I was really surprised how much of a difference the sponges make - I was trying out a freebie pair of earbuds today that came with a cheap DAP I bought a while ago and they sounded ridiculously bassy...really boomy and overpowering. I was about to toss them in the bin when I thought I'd just try them with a pair of the thin sponges that came with the Monks first and they sounded completely different. Much more reasonable bass and quite a nice sound really.

No, have tried more than 1 of each and they seem consistent, I genuinely think it will just be ears / sound signature preferences / sources / music tastes even. So many factors.. eg the Monk+ sound fantastic to me with 70s/80s rock and metal via the the Walnut V2.

And yes, the foams can make a big difference. I seem to remember somebody recommended I tried the TY HP32 amped, with double foams, and to my ears it was the best I'd heard them. Nothing against TY by the way, I love the TY320 and 400S.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2017 at 5:41 AM Post #23,691 of 75,861
Are the NiceHCK Graphene and other ali stores Graphene earbuds same? Also is there difference between the black and clear shells?

Oct 13, 2017 at 8:26 AM Post #23,693 of 75,861
Hi guys, I need a bit of advice, I received my Graphenes from NICEHCK but I´m having some doubts, they sound very good but I have to turn the volume up a lot more than with my other earbuds which I find strange since these sould be easier to move from the specs? I also like to crank the volume up high now and then, and when I do this the left earbud emits screeching / crackling noises which is a first for me. Have any other Graphene owners expereinced this? TIA.

Oct 13, 2017 at 9:00 AM Post #23,694 of 75,861
Hi guys, I need a bit of advice, I received my Graphenes from NICEHCK but I´m having some doubts, they sound very good but I have to turn the volume up a lot more than with my other earbuds which I find strange since these sould be easier to move from the specs? I also like to crank the volume up high now and then, and when I do this the left earbud emits screeching / crackling noises which is a first for me. Have any other Graphene owners expereinced this? TIA.

Just to clarify, are you sure you connect your graphene properly? If its not the case then you probably just got a lemon Graphene because it is very sensitive pair of earbud and shouldnt need to crank up the volume very loudly.

Oct 13, 2017 at 9:22 AM Post #23,697 of 75,861
I already contacted Jim from NICEHCK explaining the problem but his answer was for me to shoot a video to see what the problem is, I answered back saying that was futile since my problems won´t show up on a video and he replied insisting on the video, I´m not into pointless excersises.

Oct 13, 2017 at 9:45 AM Post #23,698 of 75,861
I already contacted Jim from NICEHCK explaining the problem but his answer was for me to shoot a video to see what the problem is, I answered back saying that was futile since my problems won´t show up on a video and he replied insisting on the video, I´m not into pointless excersises.
There seems to be a trend of Asian vendors asking dissatisfied customers for videos. When I was having a battery issue with my Cayin N3, which I bought from a vendor here in Thailand, they wanted me to make a video explaining the problem. I refused - I'm not a performing monkey and, like you, I thought it was a completely pointless exercise.

Oct 13, 2017 at 10:13 AM Post #23,699 of 75,861

If they asked that of me, they'd get a silent video - since the mic on my phone doesn't work (I have to use a Bluetooth earpiece for phone calls...). :ksc75smile:

Oct 13, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #23,700 of 75,861
There seems to be a trend of Asian vendors asking dissatisfied customers for videos. When I was having a battery issue with my Cayin N3, which I bought from a vendor here in Thailand, they wanted me to make a video explaining the problem. I refused - I'm not a performing monkey and, like you, I thought it was a completely pointless exercise.
I think they reason that they can get rid of most cheaters if they demand a video, and they probably also found out that many are too lazy or expect the effort to be pointless and back off. But its a good hourly pay to use 2 mins to make some kind of video no matter if it can't be used for proof at all, they don't care about that as far as I can see

Users who are viewing this thread

Back