Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 29, 2017 at 3:40 PM Post #23,344 of 75,861
I tried purchasing individual items, and also contacted AliExpress. And they told me they need to run verification to protect sellers supposedly, but that makes no sense. More like they are accumulating our personal info which compremises our identity.

Not to be mean, but this feels to me a little overly paranoid.

Sep 29, 2017 at 4:21 PM Post #23,345 of 75,861
Looks like AliExpess has security verification for bank cards which require a photo scan of either your ID or passport.

I cannot provide either of those to a Chinese merchant.

From what they told me, it's on their end, not my bank or Visa. This is rediculous as I do not want my id compremised!

Any other ways to purchase buds?
I looked on reddit/r/aliexpress someone said this:
I've been plagued by this too, and it seems there isn't an elegant killer for this problem yet.

Right now the solutions I've seen:

• You can have a local friend order things for you
  • According to some, uploading image of an ID and blocking out all the sensitive info works.
Here are the things I've tried and didn't work:

• Different credit card
  • Registering new account with own IP address
  • Registering new account via VPN
other solution: photoshop an ID with fake info/numbers. they have no way to check

Sep 29, 2017 at 4:28 PM Post #23,346 of 75,861
What is the logic behind a scan of my id? What is it from that they require? Name, address are provided in my profile. A statement with blurred out account number make sense, but id?

If I were to send them a scan, I'd blur out all the sensitive numbers.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #23,347 of 75,861
Not to be mean, but this feels to me a little overly paranoid.

Besides, what's the point of worrying about aliexpress losing our personal information when equifax is already doing such a good job of it.

Sep 29, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #23,349 of 75,861
Besides, what's the point of worrying about aliexpress losing our personal information when equifax is already doing such a good job of it.

They sure as hell handed mine away already, and for now I'm currently choosing to accept it's beyond my control so I may as well not stress until I have a real reason to worry.

Sep 29, 2017 at 5:17 PM Post #23,351 of 75,861
So, why not let anybody have all your sensitive info if that is your logic? Not I.

Sorry - I was being sarcastic. It's all pretty scary, and I don't blame you for trying to limit your exposure. It really annoys me though that even if you are careful and don't disclose your information, you can still get screwed. Anyway, my apologies for going OT.

Sep 29, 2017 at 9:57 PM Post #23,354 of 75,861
I was listening to the K's k's 300 Samsara last night for the second time, and noticed a rattle on the left side when moving around. Sounds like the driver is rattling around. Returns to China are expensive and generally not worth the hassle...... is there any way to fix this? :triportsad: Thank you.

Sep 29, 2017 at 10:19 PM Post #23,355 of 75,861
I was listening to the K's k's 300 Samsara last night for the second time, and noticed a rattle on the left side when moving around. Sounds like the driver is rattling around. Returns to China are expensive and generally not worth the hassle...... is there any way to fix this? :triportsad: Thank you.
It’s not expensive to ship back as the item is small. PM the seller

Users who are viewing this thread

Back