Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 30, 2017 at 3:48 AM Post #23,357 of 75,859
I was listening to the K's k's 300 Samsara last night for the second time, and noticed a rattle on the left side when moving around. Sounds like the driver is rattling around. Returns to China are expensive and generally not worth the hassle...... is there any way to fix this? :triportsad: Thank you.
I have the same problem with my Moondrop Nameless :/

Sep 30, 2017 at 5:03 AM Post #23,358 of 75,859
I was listening to the K's k's 300 Samsara last night for the second time, and noticed a rattle on the left side when moving around. Sounds like the driver is rattling around. Returns to China are expensive and generally not worth the hassle...... is there any way to fix this? :triportsad: Thank you.

I have the same problem with my Moondrop Nameless :/

Yeah, this is a very common issue with so many earbuds, I've had it with Vidos and EMX500. I've tried many many things but one thing ended up fixing it for both. Also, keep in mind that my EMX had rattling so much that it started to make all kinds of different 'something is very wrong' noises.
The thing that fixed it was this: open them up (these front covers are usually easy to open, EMX had a lot of glue but it was manageable in the end), be careful not to damage the membrane if the speaker fully pops out of front cover as membrane isn't fixed to the rest of the driver. Once it's open, look at the driver, there should be some sticky slimy glue holding it a bit in place, carefully scrape it off with a knife and then you can pull the driver out. Once it's out, locate the thin coil wires going to the membrane, this is the only thing that you need to protect, and obviously don't do anything to the membrane itself, other than what I did. Now it's time to start moving the membrane holding it by it's sides, try to separate it from the rest of the driver, just a little and obviously the part where coil wires are must remain close to each other. With my pair, there was some glue very close to coil wires between membrane and rest of the driver, and it wasn't supposed to be there. Once you separate them nicely so that you know that this kind of glue is no longer active, it's time to slightly shift the membrane, twist it. It has very little wiggle room due to coil wires being short and fragile, but just enough can be done. Put everything together and test it.
I had to open my emx about 30 times before I fixed it, twisting the membrane a bit ended up being the thing that worked, and it did instantly (twisting it compared to the rest of the driver, perhaps if the coil wires aren't exactly where they should be, they end up pulling on the membrane, it's just a wild guess).
One more thing, I've never opened earbuds before and was a complete noob to anything DIY audio wise, although it looks kinda scary, it's really simple and I didn't damage anything even on my first try. Here is a photo that I posted a couple months ago that might be useful.
On this driver, and they are all so very similar in shape and components, gently hold this yellow ring and pull it up, angling it towards the V cutout where the coil wires are, and after all of the glue is gone, every so slightly twist it and put it back.

Attachments

• HGKz2GJ.jpg
    HGKz2GJ.jpg
    792.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 00kSHHY.jpg
    00kSHHY.jpg
    794.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 30, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #23,362 of 75,859
likewise with my Mojito

Dear god, I could understand this rattling issues with cheaper earbuds, but Mojito... Can it even be opened properly? Does one possess the courage to even think about trying to fix it? So many hard questions, hopefully no one will ever have to answer them, and for the ones that do, our thoughts and prayers are with you! :pray:

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2017 at 11:37 AM Post #23,363 of 75,859
I just ordered the
K's Earphone K300 300ohm earphone.
Now i have question.
1.What is that thing i marked on the picture?
2.I see there is a 2kind of foam 1 was cutout in both side & other one is just regular.Why 2types?

You have a choice of sound, either full foam or donut foam

Sep 30, 2017 at 12:20 PM Post #23,364 of 75,859
Dear god, I could understand this rattling issues with cheaper earbuds, but Mojito... Can it even be opened properly? Does one possess the courage to even think about trying to fix it? So many hard questions, hopefully no one will ever have to answer them, and for the ones that do, our thoughts and prayers are with you! :pray:
I sent them for repair to China, but the fact is that the warranty in 1 year has already passed, so I'm not sure about the result ..

Sep 30, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #23,365 of 75,859
I sent them for repair to China, but the fact is that the warranty in 1 year has already passed, so I'm not sure about the result ..
You are not alone. The official Rose Tech forum on Baidu is plagued by complaints about their QC. Some of them sent in their buds for repairs as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back