Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 5, 2017 at 9:55 AM Post #22,681 of 75,517
And you said unicorns weren't real...
MusicMaker-Toneking-EINHORN-Gehen-pro-Z-In-Ohr-In-Ohr-Kopfh-rer-Legierung-Melodie-Ohrh-rer.jpg_640x640.jpg

HTB1jyMabwMPMeJjy1Xdq6ysrXXa3.jpg

...and 3 other Toneking buds at 65Ohm, 150Ohm and 200Ohm but all around the $60-$65 price.
(apologies if mentioned already. I didn't see them in the thread going back a bit)
Looks like a modified tomahawk. The other 3 look like modified To300, and then again To300 itself is probably a spinoff from the successful tomahawk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 5, 2017 at 10:01 AM Post #22,682 of 75,517
Wait, the Cypherus site is up? ...Ugh, my testimony sounds so cheesy lol.

I might start saving up for CAX Red Dragon. Next paycheck! (or two...)

Sounds interesting. I've never heard of Cypherus until just recently. I don't see pricing on the website.. Do they normally sell through another market?

Sep 5, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #22,688 of 75,517
Checking it out now, thanks for the heads up!

Not to forget to mention that CAX Black is #1 on two other member's personal earbud ranking.

Edit: Actually just email him for pricing. Don't want to deter anyone...

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2017 at 10:54 AM Post #22,689 of 75,517
Someone told me it's US$500+, depending on the level of cable you pick.

This is far cheaper than a totl iem!

IMHO: Ridiculous price. Got campfred in loan from a friend, I was expecting something (much) better for the price.
I have about 15 pairs of earbuds now in my drawer and my ranking would have nothing to do with the price I paid for them.

Sep 5, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #22,691 of 75,517
Not to forget to mention that CAX Black is #1 on two other member's personal earbud ranking.

One of the guys got the red dragon and sold the black! He told me red beats the black hands down.

They said red is one league above.

Sep 5, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #22,692 of 75,517
IMHO: Ridiculous price. Got campfred in loan from a friend, I was expecting something (much) better for the price.
I have about 15 pairs of earbuds now in my drawer and my ranking would have nothing to do with the price I paid for them.

With newer budget buds sounding better than before, it really is hard to argue the value. I do feel that CampFred 2 is a step up though. It's all about those diminishing returns! As someone who drops $1K on headphones, $200 sounds like a steal to me for the sound quality it provides.

Sep 5, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #22,693 of 75,517

I feel the same about the price. However, I was told by the other member that the cable they give you are very expensive. The more money you give them, the more money they spend on buying the higher spec cable to put on the same model for you. It same it's fair this way as It will cost us a lot if we were to buy the cable ourselves.

I remember that people give a monk+ Earbud to them to upgrade cable and become a super earbud.

Having said this, red dragon is still cheaper than the second hand Sony mdr-e282 that I am longing to get. Red dragon is cheap when compare to TOTL IEM.

Sep 5, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #22,694 of 75,517
With newer budget buds sounding better than before, it really is hard to argue the value. I do feel that CampFred 2 is a step up though. It's all about those diminishing returns! As someone who drops $1K on headphones, $200 sounds like a steal to me for the sound quality it provides.

Agreed. I just bought the DIY Graphene for <$30, which is (supposedly) comparable to the Stardust, which is something like 5x the cost. With that in mind, it does become harder to justify spending $200+ on earbuds when there's always the chance that something might come out with 90% of the sound at a fraction of the price. Same with IEMs and to some extent, headphones as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back