Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 16, 2017 at 8:43 AM Post #22,126 of 75,250
Aug 16, 2017 at 9:04 AM Post #22,127 of 75,250
Can you tell us a little more about the Shozy BK, and the comparison with the blur?
I just received my blur silver yesterday, it is my first earbuds after years in iems.
Initial impression is quite positive, but I need to adjust to the different feeling offered by the earbuds compared with the iem.
A few tracks of listening with my modded dx90 on balanced through pb3 makes me think of my Super 6 Audio 6ba iem.
Need more time to have better impression of it.

You can view all my impressions in my signature. They're both analytical, but in regards to different frequencies.

Also, please avoid posting overly large picture. It really clogs up the page.

Didn't Head-Fi use to shrink the images posted on the forum? They need to bring that back.

Aug 16, 2017 at 10:07 AM Post #22,128 of 75,250
S70816-190627.jpg
Didn't Head-Fi use to shrink the images posted on the forum? They need to bring that back.

Attachments

• S70812-215504.jpg
    S70812-215504.jpg
    390.1 KB · Views: 0
Aug 16, 2017 at 10:24 AM Post #22,129 of 75,250

Ohhh. I've always used the insert image button and it doesn't give that option. I'll keep that in mind for future reference.

Aug 16, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #22,132 of 75,250
Can you tell us a little more about the Shozy BK, and the comparison with the blur?
I just received my blur silver yesterday, it is my first earbuds after years in iems.
Initial impression is quite positive, but I need to adjust to the different feeling offered by the earbuds compared with the iem.
A few tracks of listening with my modded dx90 on balanced through pb3 makes me think of my Super 6 Audio 6ba iem.
Need more time to have better impression of it.

I'm also interested in Shozy bk too. Thinking about buying too.

It seems that they use superior materials like mono-crystal cable, oyaide plugs, Japan made speakers. These materials are usually used in extremely expensive IEM. For example, these materials are of higher grade than those that are used from Campfire audio IEM. The quality of shure SE 6xx's cable can't come close to Shozy. When I look at The Dita answer uses great cable, but when they upgrade Dita answer to Dita Truth, they charge an additional hefty us300. These IEM are priced 550-1000!

It seems to me Shozy bk is best value for 'materials'. The $169 shipped is a steal. Say, if I bought it and didn't like it, I can use the cable to upgrade other "high end" IEM.

Beside the excellent review from @ctaxxxx , I have read something here that Bk was a champion:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/earbuds-round-up.441400/page-802#post-12939143

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2017 at 9:47 AM Post #22,133 of 75,250
I'm also interested in Shozy bk too. Thinking about buying too.

It seems that they use superior materials like mono-crystal cable, oyaide plugs, Japan made speakers. These materials are usually used in extremely expensive IEM. For example, these materials are of higher grade than those that are used from Campfire audio IEM. The quality of shure SE 6xx's cable can't come close to Shozy. When I look at The Dita answer uses great cable, but when they upgrade Dita answer to Dita Truth, they charge an additional hefty us300. These IEM are priced 550-1000!

It seems to me Shozy bk is best value for 'materials'. The $169 shipped is a steal. Say, if I bought it and didn't like it, I can use the cable to upgrade other "high end" IEM.

Beside the excellent review from @ctaxxxx , I have read something here that Bk was a champion:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/earbuds-round-up.441400/page-802#post-12939143

If you're interested in just the cable, they sell a mmcx version - LINK

That comment is from a year ago, but the Shozy BK does hold up well. I'm still debating whether I should have kept it in my top 5, instead of QFred, but I like to keep the ranking varied and the QFred's are the only warm buds on there now. I definitely recommend the Shozy's though as a perfect entry into TOTL buds. They're still the most comfortable too!

Aug 17, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #22,135 of 75,250
Looking at buds around the 200 dollar mark. I prefer a warmer sig so I'm not getting the shozy bk. The campfred 2 seems promising but haven't seen any comprehensive reviews others than ctaxxx's. Does anyone have any imppression/links to review?

Aug 17, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #22,136 of 75,250
For some time now I though that Vido and EMX500 are a step up from Auglamour RX-1. Somehow, I managed to position RX so well in my ears that they became resolution beasts with impressive overall sound quality and even better bass than these 2 (even when I tried this position with mx style shell). They retained everything good they had and improved massively overall. They literally produce better mid range than my Meze 99 Classics...
For me, the trick was to loop the cables over ears plus turn the drivers not towards my head but towards the front of me, putting the driver in my ear sideways as a result. I don't quite get the magic that happened but it turned average earbuds into beasts. My ear canal is very standard, angled IEMs are usually exactly perfect for me. This way, diver faces ear tragus (had to google to find out the name of it), also, I am using Auglamour full foams.
Someone please try this, it is so good that I need someone to confirm that I am not in a dream. . .

Aug 17, 2017 at 4:02 PM Post #22,137 of 75,250
For some time now I though that Vido and EMX500 are a step up from Auglamour RX-1. Somehow, I managed to position RX so well in my ears that they became resolution beasts with impressive overall sound quality and even better bass than these 2 (even when I tried this position with mx style shell). They retained everything good they had and improved massively overall. They literally produce better mid range than my Meze 99 Classics...
For me, the trick was to loop the cables over ears plus turn the drivers not towards my head but towards the front of me, putting the driver in my ear sideways as a result. I don't quite get the magic that happened but it turned average earbuds into beasts. My ear canal is very standard, angled IEMs are usually exactly perfect for me. This way, diver faces ear tragus (had to google to find out the name of it), also, I am using Auglamour full foams.
Someone please try this, it is so good that I need someone to confirm that I am not in a dream. . .

Completely agree. The RX-1 plays in the same league as the Zen 2 and Blur. It's an absolute steal, and miles ahead of all budget buds in both soundstage and resolution. If people are not understanding this, there's a few possibilities:

1. They've purchased a dud.
2. They're not seated properly in the ear. If this is simply due to earshape, not much can be done, however, these are not any larger circumference-wise than an MX500 shell as far as I can tell.
3. They are slightly hard of hearing.

I wear these with a full foam and a donut over the foam. I use the same config for the Blur. These have slightly more bloom in the midrange than the Blur, however the Blur is slightly more resolving with better clarity. The Blur was also 5+ times the price, as was the Zen, sooooo...
The Zen is warmer and has better bass, in terms of both quality and quantity, however, the RX-1 has punchy well resolved, tight bass - no too bad at all. If the Blur is analytical and the Zen is warm, then the Auglamour RX-1 kind of sits between the two actually.

Aug 17, 2017 at 4:46 PM Post #22,138 of 75,250
Guys, what are the earbuds with the most similar sound to the Blox M2C?

Thanks!

Aug 17, 2017 at 4:50 PM Post #22,139 of 75,250
Completely agree. The RX-1 plays in the same league as the Zen 2 and Blur. It's an absolute steal, and miles ahead of all budget buds in both soundstage and resolution. If people are not understanding this, there's a few possibilities:

2. They're not seated properly in the ear. If this is simply due to earshape, not much can be done, however, these are not any larger circumference-wise than an MX500 shell as far as I can tell.

I wear these with a full foam and a donut over the foam. I use the same config for the Blur. These have slightly more bloom in the midrange than the Blur, however the Blur is slightly more resolving with better clarity. The Blur was also 5+ times the price, as was the Zen, sooooo...
The Zen is warmer and has better bass, in terms of both quality and quantity, however, the RX-1 has punchy well resolved, tight bass - no too bad at all. If the Blur is analytical and the Zen is warm, then the Auglamour RX-1 kind of sits between the two actually.
I think you nailed the part about polarizing opinions about RX-1. I also agree on the lower mid range being a bit too thick, it just creates kind of a resonating sound somewhere around 200Hz, but this is not something to raise concerns, just a small gripe. I actually created a minimal eq for them, lowering by a few db 200-1000, slightly boosting 2k and everything after 7-8k, just a db or 2 - this balances them without ever feeling like you broke the sound by using eq, again, just slight tweak retaining everything important of the original sound. I am still in disbelief about them, I've had them for a couple of months and just now realized what they actually are. How can this kind of quality mid range be obtained for 20$?
I disagree a bit about soundstage, I think it's more about average width (for an open style headphone) and very good imaging. These 2 aspects are not easy to discern so I could be wrong, also, my specific fit could be doing something in this regard.

Aug 17, 2017 at 6:15 PM Post #22,140 of 75,250

I remember someone was " trying to accuse " blur's maker of using taobao cheap materials which he felt it sounds quite similar with another much cheaper earbuds k300s or something, I use " trying " and "accuse" because I do agree that the final product's sound quality might not depend entirely on the materials he chooses to use. Having said this, since many earbuds are using common or generic driver, shell, etc..., it is understandable to have doubt of paying so much more but getting the similar products without the feeling of being shortchanged!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back