Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 30, 2017 at 1:29 AM Post #21,212 of 75,564
Has Liebesleid better resolution than rose mojito?

While Liebesleid has pretty good resolution, it isn't a match for Mojito - nothing that I know is. If anything, resolution is Mojito's specialty. Then again, Mojito is much less versatile.

Jun 30, 2017 at 7:27 AM Post #21,215 of 75,564
@ClieOS Can you elaborate more on this please? Which genres do you think they are strong/weak with?
Even Rose Tech. makes it clear that Mojito is tuned for classical music, so that's what it really good at - for extreme detail, soundstage and end-to-end dynamic. Vocal is where it is at its weakest, as mid range is a bit far and bland.

Jun 30, 2017 at 7:57 AM Post #21,216 of 75,564
Even Rose Tech. makes it clear that Mojito is tuned for classical music, so that's what it really good at - for extreme detail, soundstage and end-to-end dynamic. Vocal is where it is at its weakest, as mid range is a bit far and bland.
Got it. And i agree, if i had to pinpoint a con for the Mojito it is indeed the mids, but only just because it's bass (with double foams) and treble are very good that the mids' performance are outshined.

Jun 30, 2017 at 9:13 AM Post #21,217 of 75,564
I've received new non mic Vido and white mic'ed version to compare to my old blue mic'ed one... this is what i found:
-they all have the same sound signature, but there's a slight difference between mic'ed and non mic
-the non mic Vido have a slight wider stage, and feels like it has more intrument separation, while the mic'ed version has a tad warmer overall feel to their sound.
-overall eq are the same (mic'ed and non mic), but the non mic version, because of their wider stage, has a lighter and more airy feel to its sound.
-the vido doesn't need burn in whatsoever. the new white mic'ed one sounds exactly the same to my old blue mic'ed one

does anybody share the same impressions as mine?

Jun 30, 2017 at 9:27 AM Post #21,218 of 75,564
<deleted>

Attachments

• 19466329_640685666129210_5605007348757823395_o.jpg
    19466329_640685666129210_5605007348757823395_o.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 30, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #21,219 of 75,564
As suspected by @Ira Delphic that using Extreme Bass Preset with Amp Level High and 100% Bass and Treble might be the reason my Earbuds are getting spoiled. However, nothing happened to Monk+ and also with SHE3800 and one more earbud, one of the speakers stopped working (SHE3800 still works if I adjust the jack so I think changing jack plug might work). New Vido is also having some broken membrane sound from right speaker.

As I like Boominess and Warmness I get in songs while using these settings, I am wondering if there is any earbud which has rough and tough speakers membranes but with my desired sound signature (similar or better than SHE3800) and with Mic? Pls suggest if something is available. I sincerely thank the person who suggested me SHE3800 but unfortunately they are no longer working. Pls suggest similar sound earbud but ideally within $20 and I believe having high impedence should be good and might not broken down in PowerAmp with the above settings. Thanks.

Jun 30, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #21,220 of 75,564
So here is impression of MoonDrop Liebesleid, but first a big thanks to MoonDrop and NiceHCK for arranging the sample.

The sound signature of Liebesleid is slightly warm and leaning toward neutral with a light-to-almost-airy and detailed presentation, which isn't too far off from their previous flagship, the VX pro, which is just about neutral with very good detail and specious presentation. While Liebesleid isn't as airy and wide sounding as VX pro, it still however has a pretty good soundstage that MoonDrop's earbuds are known for, the layering and size are still head and shoulder above the majority of earbuds out there. The added warmness mostly is shown in the richer and slightly thicker mid range, giving a touch of sweetness to vocal without making it obviously mid focus. This reflects particularly well in female vocal, especially since Liebesleid has an really good upper mid to treble extension that is detail yet doesn't necessary sound very bright. Bass has good hit and speed but doesn't quite have the deepest rumbling to shake your head. If you are bass head, this might be just a shy lacking quality wise. But for the rest, I'll say the bass performance is more than good enough. Overall I'll say Liebesleid is easily another ToTL, champion level earbud that can stand up to that of Shozy BK or Sennheiser MX985. Overall, I think Liebesleid is probably best suited for mainstream music and those who enjoy a quick, detailed and opened presentation. If there is one complaint I'll make about Liebesleid, it is that the earpieces are a bit heavy since they are made out of brass., even though they do sit quite comfortably in my ears. Last but not least, I do recommend using this with full foam as the soundstage can get slightly flat when you listen to it 'naked'.

Not quite what I was expecting. Thought it would be more similar to the Mojito (bright, cold), due to it's metal casing.

Which earbud sounds the most similar to the Liebesleid? Your description almost sounds like CAX Black but with less bass.

As suspected by @Ira Delphic that using Extreme Bass Preset with Amp Level High and 100% Bass and Treble might be the reason my Earbuds are getting spoiled. However, nothing happened to Monk+ and also with SHE3800 and one more earbud, one of the speakers stopped working (SHE3800 still works if I adjust the jack so I think changing jack plug might work). New Vido is also having some broken membrane sound from right speaker.

As I like Boominess and Warmness I get in songs while using these settings, I am wondering if there is any earbud which has rough and tough speakers membranes but with my desired sound signature (similar or better than SHE3800) and with Mic? Pls suggest if something is available. I sincerely thank the person who suggested me SHE3800 but unfortunately they are no longer working. Pls suggest similar sound earbud but ideally within $20 and I believe having high impedence should be good and might not broken down in PowerAmp with the above settings. Thanks.

You really should just invest in an IEM or headphone... You're pushing earbuds, which isn't a bass heavy medium in the first place due to the lack of seal, past their limit. At this point, you're wasting money busting these earbuds.

Jun 30, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #21,221 of 75,564
You really should just invest in an IEM or headphone... You're pushing earbuds, which isn't a bass heavy medium in the first place due to the lack of seal, past their limit. At this point, you're wasting money busting these earbuds.

I'd really have to guess at this point that the lack of IEM use is most likely caused due to discomfort or a need for less isolation. While I may be wrong, I easily second the headphone recommendation. Tons of inexpensive options if you look hard enough.

Jun 30, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #21,222 of 75,564
Not quite what I was expecting. Thought it would be more similar to the Mojito (bright, cold), due to it's metal casing.

Which earbud sounds the most similar to the Liebesleid? Your description almost sounds like CAX Black but with less bass..

Didn't have a CAX Black with me and will not presume to compare them by memory alone. I'll however be more inclined to describe Liebesleid as a wider sounding, more laid back and relax version of Masya.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #21,223 of 75,564

Which earbud sounds the most similar to the Liebesleid? Your description almost sounds like CAX Black but with less bass.

I really don't like feeling of IEMs. And most important, the way they create seal thus create vacuum, it makes my own voice heard very loud and very unnatural. Is there no Earbud which is of good quality?

Jun 30, 2017 at 11:58 AM Post #21,224 of 75,564
I really don't like feeling of IEMs. And most important, the way they create seal thus create vacuum, it makes my own voice heard very loud and very unnatural. Is there no Earbud which is of good quality?

there are many...but sadly they are not match your requirements and characteristics... might i suggest if you really like the SHE3800, you should just buy several of them as spares, and invest in earphone cases to prolong the life of your earbuds

Users who are viewing this thread

Back