Earbuds Round-Up
Feb 25, 2017 at 7:45 PM Post #18,241 of 75,879
K's 500ohm cable isn't stiff at all. The reason of cable noise / microphonic is purely because the lack of strain relief. There is a way to fix it,  by simply gluing the cable to the housing. However care must be taken as you must leave some room for air to vent or else the sound is ruined. But if you do it right, the cable noise issue will be fixed.

Ah I see. Just spotted they're on your champions list as well, so they can't be too bad :-D

Have you tried the K's 300 by any chance, would love to hear your opinion on them

Feb 25, 2017 at 8:31 PM Post #18,242 of 75,879
As long as you don't push the volume to the maximum - Cypherus CampFred. Best and deepest bass I've heard in a pair of low impedance earbuds. They cost $150 without shipping. People who have used CampFred with mobile phones have not been overly impressed but out of a good DAP CampFred can really impress you.

I will add a second vote for the CampFred. Excellent out of most sources.

Feb 25, 2017 at 9:00 PM Post #18,243 of 75,879
@ flamesofarctica
Sorry to divert the topic.
I noticed that you have the xduoo X3 and Fiio A3 combo as well. Is it normal that X3 alone is even louder than attached to the A3 at low gain? Looks like the onboard amp on X3 sounds louder than A3, except in high gain.

Thanks!

Feb 25, 2017 at 9:04 PM Post #18,244 of 75,879

Have to say bye bye to one of the best earbuds I have tried, might aswell give my feedback on them :)

To me they have somewhat of a neutral sound and their mids are one of the best out of all the earbuds (donuts or full foams will affect bass and treble), I tried also the rose masya but sadly their comfort level was worse (they keep falling off my ears).

They are headphone level earbuds :)

Feb 25, 2017 at 9:33 PM Post #18,245 of 75,879
@ flamesofarctica
Sorry to divert the topic.
I noticed that you have the xduoo X3 and Fiio A3 combo as well. Is it normal that X3 alone is even louder than attached to the A3 at low gain? Looks like the onboard amp on X3 sounds louder than A3, except in high gain.

Thanks!

If I'm understanding right...I've just tried 50% volume on Xduoo on high gain, and compared with connected to the Fiio via line out, with the Fiio on low gain and turned to 50%. Was louder through the Amp, quite a bit. However I've then tried the same but full volume not 50% in each case (earphones not in ears and my teeth gritted hoping they don't break). Was louder through the Xduoo alone than via the Fiio on low gain. Does that answer your question?

I think (and could be wrong) that the point of amping is not just about the volume but the power flowing through, but have no idea how that works. Someone more scientific might be able to help although this might not be the right thread (unless someone is feeling generous, as it relates I suppose to powering high impedence earbuds - to make it on topic :-D).

(I think I break the rules anyway.. I connect from my Xduoo headphone socket to the Fiio with both on high gain. I have the Fiio close to full, and use my Xduoo volume then to set the level I want. This probably is wrong but I like how it sounds!!)

Feb 25, 2017 at 9:36 PM Post #18,246 of 75,879
Apparently I have a package waiting at the Post Office from Indonesia. So that means the custom earbuds are in, but have to wait for Monday.

Feb 25, 2017 at 9:53 PM Post #18,248 of 75,879

Akan Datang!
wink.gif

(I think I got that right, I hope)

Edit:
Heh! Right lingo, wrong guy!
Should have been @Saoshyant

Feb 25, 2017 at 11:01 PM Post #18,249 of 75,879
My thoughts on the K's 300 earbuds.

Firstly I'm no expert in this stuff, and so I'd really like to see somebody elses opinions on these.. especially because - for the price in particular - I think these might be really rather good.

I'm trying to be cautious, because it really feels like in the last 6 months, the number of earbuds available has increased at a rapid rate, almost like they're throwing them out as fast as they can with the hope that something sticks.

Here goes. I've used them with the Walnut, and also on the XDuoo X3 using the FIIO A3 amp. I think I've already mentioned when they first arrived, they seem a bit harder to drive than for example the TY HP400S, which surprised me.

Looks wise, the cable isn't especially attractive, but not flimsy either and everything seems quite soundly built.

Sound wise - I've done my best to give them a good run through a variety of music styles, but it's mostly been rock/metal as that's what I know & love. And I must say, they haven't really let me down on anything.

Theyre not bass heavy, but what is there seems good. The mids are pleasant, it's all quite upfront rather than laid back, but not too in your face either. Good enough that I tried listening without foams and liked what I heard, and haven't put the foams back on. No harshness that I associate with quite a few of the recent low price 'monk killers'! If there was, there's no way I'd be able to listen without foams. But not as laid back as most of the earbuds I'd put at the top of my list..They fall just below my harsh threshold :-D

There's something I can't pinpoint which reminds me a bit of the Zen 2. Now, I'm not going to claim it's in that kind of league, or in the league of the top TY earbuds either, it's absolutely not, it's less than 1/6 of the price of the Zen 2 and around 1/3 the price of the TY HP400S for good reason IMO. But it's really very listenable and almost speaker-like when used without foams, and both male and female vocals sound terrific to my ears.

On the topic of bass - the bassiest stuff I have is a bit of Justin Timberlake and Beastie Boys, so someone else would need to make a more definitive judgement. I suppose my song for judging bass is probably Brass Monkey on Licensed to Ill, and I tried that one out - all sounded decent to me, not massive but definitely there.

Overall I think it's the cheapest earbud that's a definite level above the budget buds, if that makes sense.

But again I really don't trust myself to be the best judge..you might all hate it!!

Apologies for the length of this btw - I burnt my tea writing it so I hope someone reads it haha

Thanks man, I appreciate your thoughts

Feb 25, 2017 at 11:09 PM Post #18,250 of 75,879

Have to say bye bye to one of the best earbuds I have tried, might aswell give my feedback on them :)

To me they have somewhat of a neutral sound and their mids are one of the best out of all the earbuds (donuts or full foams will affect bass and treble), I tried also the rose masya but sadly their comfort level was worse (they keep falling off my ears).

They are headphone level earbuds :)

Which are those?

Feb 25, 2017 at 11:27 PM Post #18,251 of 75,879
So my Blue Demun's came in! Some initial impressions and comparisons:

VS Red Demun: A touch brighter than the Red. Treble and detail retrieval is better. Mids are still forward, but now there is a little sibilance too. The only disappointment is the bass feels much thinner. Gives a very clean sound though. Also, love the look of the Blue more.

+1 to that. i have the same impression about the red vs blue

Feb 26, 2017 at 12:19 AM Post #18,252 of 75,879
Ah I see. Just spotted they're on your champions list as well, so they can't be too bad :-D

Have you tried the K's 300 by any chance, would love to hear your opinion on them

Haven't heard any other K yet. There are simply too many earbuds to try these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back