Earbuds Round-Up
Feb 21, 2017 at 5:51 AM Post #17,911 of 75,235

Long time indeed but I'm still following and pretty much enjoying reading this thread waiting for the next big thing :wink:

That next big thing that always lurks behind the corner. After Diomnes I feel pretty satisfied, and my wallet pretty exhausted. So I tihnk I'll pretty much give up the earbud hunting (except for a few small exceptions later this year - yes, Blox flagship, I'm looking at you).

Feb 21, 2017 at 5:52 AM Post #17,912 of 75,235

That next big thing that always lurks behind the corner. After Diomnes I feel pretty satisfied, and my wallet pretty exhausted. So I tihnk I'll pretty much give up the earbud hunting (except for a few small exceptions later this year - yes, Blox flagship, I'm looking at you).

Oh did you get B320 Danneq? Mine just shipped. I forget if you've gone for any of the new Bloxen though.

Feb 21, 2017 at 9:09 AM Post #17,916 of 75,235
@vapman that looks like some stock Benjie buds

Feb 21, 2017 at 9:18 AM Post #17,917 of 75,235
  @vapman that looks like some stock Benjie buds

Picture borrowed from Head pie:

QFred is painted with metallic silver paint. The housing seems to originally be transparent (some paint fell off my pair of QFred and they looked to be transparent beneath the paint - some metallic silver enamel paint from Humbrol worked great to cover up the area with missing paint).

Feb 21, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #17,918 of 75,235
Haven't noticed Monk+ being all that tangly moreso than any other...Anyway for a cheap bassy earbud, RY4S or Qian39, both easily found on Ali. The TY HP32S I really couldn't bring myself to recommend, it's too harsh sounding to my ears and more like a punishment...But that's with the music I like, and how it sounds to me.. you'll only know for yourself when you try them if they're what you're looking for. For the level of bass you're looking for, maybe earbuds just won't cut it for you?

So you are saying that RY4S or Qian39 is much better than TY-Hi-Z 32S in terms of Boomy, Heart Shaking and Warm sound and I should consider them instead of TY-32S? Correct? Is it available on other site as AliExpress will take 45 days to deliver them. I am also considering EM3 again as last time when I bought them, I listen to them on iPod Nano 7th Gen which is a crap. I have Nano 1G now. Unfortunately, I returned the buds but they lost and I lost money as well :frowning2: 

Feb 21, 2017 at 9:52 AM Post #17,919 of 75,235
I can't speak for the RY4S as I never heard those, but I have 2 pairs of Qian39. While they have a decent amount of bass, the quality of bass is very low. Don't expect impact from beats, it's very loose. I like the Qian39, and I think it works well for older recordings of bands, gives bass guitars some meat, fleshes out the sound.I like to hear a decent subbass presence when listening to anything. With modern recordings I think Qian39 really falls flat, and also with electronic music. For bassy cheap earbuds, try HE150 sold by Penon. It's more, but still only 14$ and that includes a sturdy pouch. The bass quality is MUCH better than any other budget buds I tried, and I tried a few :). Out of the box they're nice, vocals a bit thin / recessed sounding but nice bass. If you EQ up the mids (I did by ear listening to music I was familiar with) - I gave it a good bump between 1 and 4K, and it fixed the big shortcoming of these buds for me. Also, if you really like bass, they take a LOT of bass EQ, you can really crank out decent subbass on these and they extend well. Quality of bass is much higher than Monk v1 (which had much better bass than Monk+ imo) and TY32v1, faster, more, and can be pushed WAY further before distorting. My EQ is kinda like this:       \_-_      

Really digging these, hope more people take the plunge because I'm curious if others hear the same I'm hearing (budget champ, though not for *everything*).

Feb 21, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #17,921 of 75,235
  How are they in terms of build quality. I have Monk+ and I did not find them comfortable also. Build quality is not good and they look like cheap earbuds. 

How much did you pay for Monk+?
If it wasn't very much, then they are cheap earbuds...  
wink_face.gif

Feb 21, 2017 at 10:25 AM Post #17,922 of 75,235
  How are they in terms of build quality. I have Monk+ and I did not find them comfortable also. Build quality is not good and they look like cheap earbuds. 

Confused by this comment... The build quality is pretty darn good for a $5 earbud.

Feb 21, 2017 at 10:25 AM Post #17,923 of 75,235
They use the same shell as Monk+ (Sennheiser MX sumfin shell :) ) - at first they were uncomfortable for me too after a while. If you're willing to stick with it, that does get better with time (as someone advised me when I tried Monk v1 a while back, and it turned out to be true).

Apart from that, build quality is better. I had no probs with Monk+ shell or cable on the bud side, but the plugs usually don't last with me. The HE150 has a very beefy yet compact, functional strain relief - mine have had some abuse already and they're holding up great. I probably have between 20 and 30 hrs on mine now.

Feb 21, 2017 at 10:47 AM Post #17,925 of 75,235

Users who are viewing this thread

Back