RY04
RY4S
**** PT15
Sony MDR E808+
TY Hi-Z 32 Ohm

Thanks.

PS: TY Hi-Z 150 ohm... or...

Feb 17, 2017 at 7:34 PM Post #17,747 of 75,876
  Does anyone know which buds I should buy next? I've bought and am waiting for:

Boarseman K25
Colarad C01
Edifier H180 
K's 64 ohm
Monk+
MusicMaker TP16
Philips SHE3010
Philips SHE3800
Qian 25
Qian 39
Remax RM-305M
RY04
RY4S
**** PT15
Sony MDR E808+
TY Hi-Z 32 ohm

Thanks.

PS: TY Hi-Z 150 ohm... or...

Honest advice? Don't buy any more. Wait for all those to arrive and try to give them each enough time.

When they're about to arrive, start listening to an album or three you like a lot and get to know them well on the gear you have. If you use that setup to work through the earbuds you'll have less variables and be able to tell differences in them more.

and you are gonna find ones you hate at first end up surprising you later, and you have a crazy amount coming in, it will take a few days per bud to get to know them well!

I'm gonna recommend you invest in an amp rather than more buds if you don't have one actually...

Feb 17, 2017 at 9:49 PM Post #17,748 of 75,876
  When they're about to arrive, start listening to an album or three you like a lot and get to know them well on the gear you have. If you use that setup to work through the earbuds you'll have less variables and be able to tell differences in them more.

and you are gonna find ones you hate at first end up surprising you later, and you have a crazy amount coming in, it will take a few days per bud to get to know them well!

I'm gonna recommend you invest in an amp rather than more buds if you don't have one actually...

I'll be doing this after I finish burning a couple pairs of phones in... I have a Benjie S5 now and am waiting for a Walnut v2 and a Colorfly C3. Hopefully, I won't need another music player. I'm not a fan of the S5. 

I also have a Topping NX1A amp, however, I worry that the power it provides will damage my hearing even more so than listening to hours of music at a normal setting.

Feb 17, 2017 at 11:27 PM Post #17,749 of 75,876
Just noticed Rholupat has the new Blue Demun in stock on their website - http://www.rholupat.com/custom-earphone/blue-demun.html

Here is what the description says:

"It is custom earbud made by Indonesian Builder. This is the new version from previous sucessor Red Demun. The base earbud uses Edifier H180, it comes with customs mod in its cable, plug and damping. Does it give significant improvement ?, I will say YES. It improves on separation, better detail and sparkling treble."

Annnnd I made an order...

Feb 17, 2017 at 11:30 PM Post #17,750 of 75,876
  Just noticed Rholupat has the new Blue Demun in stock on their website - http://www.rholupat.com/custom-earphone/blue-demun.html

"It is custom earbud made by Indonesian Builder. This is the new version from previous sucessor Red Demun. The base earbud uses Edifier H180, it comes with customs mod in its cable, plug and damping. Does it give significant improvement ?, I will say YES. It improves on separation, better detail and sparkling treble."

Yeah they have been on there the past few weeks now. :) People have mentioned the blue has a thinner sound to it. The Red Demun has a seductive sound, would definitely be hard to better them.

Feb 17, 2017 at 11:40 PM Post #17,751 of 75,876
Yeah they have been on there the past few weeks now. :) People have mentioned the blue has a thinner sound to it. The Red Demun has a seductive sound, would definitely be hard to better them.

If that's true, then it would probably sound very close to the Shozy Stardust. That's exactly how I would compare the Stardust with the Red Demun. Guess I'll find out. I love the look of the blue better than the red too.

Feb 17, 2017 at 11:51 PM Post #17,752 of 75,876
  I'll be doing this after I finish burning a couple pairs of phones in... I have a Benjie S5 now and am waiting for a Walnut v2 and a Colorfly C3. Hopefully, I won't need another music player. I'm not a fan of the S5. 

I also have a Topping NX1A amp, however, I worry that the power it provides will damage my hearing even more so than listening to hours of music at a normal setting.

What i do is turn down the source volume. so if you are using a computer or DAP, turn down the volume so you can raise the amp's volume more. the amp will bring out more of the signal. When I listen with my amps I listen at the same volume i would without them, but all of them sound more alive and improved with an amp in the mix.

Of course there's a time to not use an amp and listen directly out of something, and I just use my Walnut v2 without any other amp half the time. But the amp comment was more if your wallet is crying for attention and you wanted something new to have on the way 
biggrin.gif

You have tons of good stuff coming in!

Feb 18, 2017 at 1:25 AM Post #17,753 of 75,876
If that's true, then it would probably sound very close to the Shozy Stardust. That's exactly how I would compare the Stardust with the Red Demun. Guess I'll find out. I love the look of the blue better than the red too.

Definitely interested in hearing some impressions on them against the Red. To bad i will never own either :/ 

Feb 18, 2017 at 4:24 AM Post #17,756 of 75,876
Just got an email my Blox will ship in 2 days and i will have tracking then. Fully awesome. Hope I like it more than I liked the BE5.

I also listened to Joe Bataan II on some TY Hi-Z 32 I forgot were new in the box. Screw burning in, I'm gonna listen to these as they break in. After the Ucotech I can really appreciate these finally. Ironically the Ucotech 905 sounds like a far more refined Hi-Z 32. Maybe I should give them to a Hi-Z lover for xmas?

Feb 18, 2017 at 5:37 AM Post #17,757 of 75,876

"[COLOR=34495E]It is custom earbud made by Indonesian Builder. This is the new version from previous sucessor Red Demun. The base earbud uses Edifier H180, it comes with customs mod in its cable, plug and damping. Does it give significant improvement ?, I will say YES. It improves on separation, better detail and sparkling treble.[/COLOR]"

i wouldn't ssy that it's an improvement of the red demun, more like a variation, brcause to my ears the red is still better in mid and bass sector, while the blue indeed has more harmonics on the treble. i myself prefer the red, but the blue certainly is great also

Feb 18, 2017 at 7:30 AM Post #17,758 of 75,876
Surprising Synergy - I've been listening to the VE Asura 2.0 earbud (150Ω, Balanced), connected to my Shanling M1 DAP (using the VE 3.5mm TRS to 2.5mm TRRS adapter).  

The balanced versions of the Asura 2.0 and Monk Plus were purchased to use with the 2.5mm TRRS output on my DP-X1, and they do sound good with that DAP.  I knew from briefly comparing them, that the Monk Plus has more Bass, and the Asura 2.0 has more clarity & detail.  The M1 / Asura combination is a pleasant surprise - since the M1 easily drives the 150Ω earbuds, and the sound quality is a bit warmer than with the DP-X1 - which sounds just right to me.

Now I'm on a quest for an earbud that combines the clarity & detail of the Asura 2.0, with more Bass impact.  If it's available with Balanced 2.5mm TRRS connections, that would be even better.  

Thanks for any suggestions!

Feb 18, 2017 at 7:43 AM Post #17,759 of 75,876
Surprising Synergy - I've been listening to the VE Asura 2.0 earbud (150Ω, Balanced), connected to my Shanling M1 DAP (using the VE 3.5mm TRS to 2.5mm TRRS adapter).  

The balanced versions of the Asura 2.0 and Monk Plus were purchased to use with the 2.5mm TRRS output on my DP-X1, and they do sound good with that DAP.  I knew from briefly comparing them, that the Monk Plus has more Bass, and the Asura 2.0 has more clarity & detail.  The M1 / Asura combination is a pleasant surprise - since the M1 easily drives the 150Ω earbuds, and the sound quality is a bit warmer than with the DP-X1 - which sounds just right to me.

Now I'm on a quest for an earbud that combines the clarity & detail of the Asura 2.0, with more Bass impact.  If it's available with Balanced 2.5mm TRRS connections, that would be even better.  

Thanks for any suggestions!
You tried Shozy BK?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back