Earbuds Round-Up
Feb 16, 2017 at 12:44 AM Post #17,671 of 75,771
Earbuds for me is office 100% but on commute i have to fall back on IEMs. And definitely agree the soundstage cannot be reproduced by IEM that cost 10 or even 20 times the price of a budget earbud.

same here, i rarely use my full headphone anymore.. only using them for recording. even at that, i might hunt for a really flat analytical earbuds (if the do exist, please inform me) to retire headphone. i also found that iem is less comfortable for me, though sometimes i use them to watch movies and I don't want to be bothered
to me, their lack of isolation kinda what makes them work for me,because i can listen to music without blocking outside noise and i can still talk to people without taking them off. using iem while walking just feels too claustrophobic and unsafe for me personally.
some buds that i have (edifier h185 and mrice e100) are great for this kind of situation

i liked iems more than any full size headphone for its focused sound in your ear, but i have all of the same opinions as you here.
walking or eating with iem in? no way.
but i put in some earbuds (today was Cygnus) and went and did a bunch of errands. also was able to talk to people and no problem.

Feb 16, 2017 at 12:59 AM Post #17,672 of 75,771
The only thing abt earbud is their isolation. Being in a country where cars cost ard 70grand (USD) i can only turn to using public transport to work. And i listen to music almost 90% of the time i'm on commute and the 10% is when i am with someone else.

No matter how good the fit is, when i step out of my office building i will shake my head and tell myself i have to switch to IEM (office near town, and in SG there's no quiet road until after 9pm lol)

Haha hello fellow Singaporean! I share your pain, I can only fully appreciate my earbuds back in my room, or perhaps someone a bit more quiet like in a library (but opps on the sound leaks).

Bro, I'm with you on this one. it becomes a pain and a drag (leakage and isolation). Finally got around getting a Zen 2 to go along with my Shanling M3. I still getting more isolation with my LZ-A4 while having not sacrifice soundstage. :wink:

The current earbud generation is pretty exciting, if there were enough tours to go about, we can definitely see more happening for this untapped community.

Feb 16, 2017 at 1:20 AM Post #17,673 of 75,771
Hey guys, I just tried ear hooks (see image for the style i am refering to)for the first time...they are great! I think they are a perfect solution for the gym (which is what I will be using them for) or if you have problems with the earbud falling out. I was presently surprised! 

Feb 16, 2017 at 1:23 AM Post #17,674 of 75,771
Hey guys, I just tried ear hooks (see image for the style i am refering to)for the first time...they are great! I think they are a perfect solution for the gym (which is what I will be using them for) or if you have problems with the earbud falling out. I was presently surprised! 

these the VE hooks by any chance? I'm looking to get them asap since I plan on blasting my Zens with the right fitting. Any recommendations for quick service?

Feb 16, 2017 at 1:26 AM Post #17,675 of 75,771
i can't seem to figure out how to use those earhooks...the last time i tried the it can't even create a seal...fiddling with it resulted in me twisting my left monk's cap...killing it instantly 
frown.gif

Feb 16, 2017 at 1:38 AM Post #17,676 of 75,771
i can't seem to figure out how to use those earhooks...the last time i tried the it can't even create a seal...fiddling with it resulted in me twisting my left monk's cap...killing it instantly :frowning2:

Hm. Not sure if Earbuds is the way to go if you warrant isolation. They nonetheless provide an immersive listen when I'm alone. I'm never alone when good gear and music keeps me company at night.

Feb 16, 2017 at 2:03 AM Post #17,677 of 75,771
  How many others here have Blox B320? I'm thinkin that might be more to my tastes than the Ucotech 903 was.

My ucotech is cool but it can't take much amping, let alone bass EQ if i amp. Would be more appreciated by a non amper.

I do and they are my favourite earbud, I like them better than ps100-600 and Yinman 500, even though ps100-600 is technically better. As Golov mentioned, B320's sound signature is unusual, but there is something about them which makes me happy every time I hear them:). Someone described them as "euphoric" and I agree.

Feb 16, 2017 at 2:36 AM Post #17,678 of 75,771

I do and they are my favourite earbud, I like them better than ps100-600 and Yuin 500, even though ps100-600 is technically better. As Golov mentioned, B320's sound signature is unusual, but there is something about them which makes me happy every time I hear them:). Someone described them as "euphoric" and I agree.

Argh, I knew I should have bought it instead of the Ucotech! Also, do you mean Yinman 500? If it's better than Yinman 500 to you, that's really something.

Man. Gotta get rid of some of these buds to make room for new ones. B320 ordered anyway, I'll only be more angry at myself if I never get em 
angry_face.gif

Not that the Ucotech are bad - they're very unique too - but too bright for me without EQ, and they don't like amps (I like amps.)

Feb 16, 2017 at 3:02 AM Post #17,679 of 75,771
  i can't seem to figure out how to use those earhooks...the last time i tried the it can't even create a seal...fiddling with it resulted in me twisting my left monk's cap...killing it instantly 
frown.gif

I used them on an mx500-housing style bud and worked great...i wouldnt say a super tight seal, but held it firmly in place. there are photos online of how to use them

Feb 16, 2017 at 4:33 AM Post #17,681 of 75,771
Just a heads up, for those of you who are experiencing fit issues with the rose Mojito, I found the solution from thier Teiba.

Apparently one Mojito user had the ingenious idea of using earhooks meant for bluetooth hands-free receivers on thier Mojito. The diameter is 1cm if I am not mistaken.

Mine with hooks attached.

Alternatively, you can also get these rubber rings (as recommended by ClieOS when I told him I was buying the Mojito) with monk+ thin foams.

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z0k.6846577.1997989141.5.Ca5BjS&id=527963922942&_u=

A for tight fit, B for loose fit.

Feb 16, 2017 at 7:39 AM Post #17,682 of 75,771
Hm. Not sure if Earbuds is the way to go if you warrant isolation. They nonetheless provide an immersive listen when I'm alone. I'm never alone when good gear and music keeps me company at night.

i am aware of that, but with the earhooks the earbuds will sit farther from the way they usually do on my ear without it :sweat_smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back