Earbuds Round-Up
Feb 15, 2017 at 10:54 AM Post #17,642 of 75,470
  Alas, some silly person is trying to tell someone in the KZ thread that earbuds aren't capable of keeping up with IEMs in terms of detail.

Speaking of details... How's Campfred compared to Rose Mojito in terms of details/clarity? Thanks

Feb 15, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #17,643 of 75,470
  I have been in contact with the AE seller. He has stock but the connection to the product page has been lost for some reason. I have asked him to let me know when it is fixed. Will report back when I have news.

OK, here is the conversation:

Me: Hi, will you be getting more of the E808+?

AE: Hello, I have goods, You need E808+?

Me: I don't need any more right now (I have 3) - others on the head-fi forum do but the product link goes to a 404 page.

AE: Oh, my connection has been deleted.

Me: Please can you let me know when it is fixed? There are people wanting to buy. Thanks.

AE: You can buy from the following link, and then leave a message in the order, "send E808+"
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-WH-208-In-ear-Stereo-earphone-with-Mic-Remote-Control-For-Nokia-Lumia-1020-930/1909638_32772950026.html?spm=2114.12010608.0.0.haXpyd

Me: Thank you, I shall pass on the message. But I think it would be better to have the old direct link back so others can find it.

So, will that work? There's only one way to find out - somebody needs to try it, but not me, I have enough for now!
wink.gif

(I have used this store a number of times and they have always been reliable.)

Feb 15, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #17,646 of 75,470
Alas, some silly person is trying to tell someone in the KZ thread that earbuds aren't capable of keeping up with IEMs in terms of detail.

Last night just as I rehear most of my earbud I pick up my old superlux evo and listen to the same select song. Sgs to o2 amp on high gain.

Superlux offer great details compared to my other earbud, but it's not impressive kind of details. reminds me of monk+. The stage is huge of course, being semi open can.

It made me think. What does details means? I use to say what i value most from earbud /iem /headphones are RESOLUTION and DEPTH. So far I still belive that if I had those two then everything else (bass, mids and high) will certainly fall into places.

I use to own Kz ATE. it too offer great details but they're flat unimpressive details because there's no depth in it.

Qian39 in comparison don't offer the same kind of details but instead very pronounce in its presentation. Everything suddenly fall into places. Although depth and dynamics are below my expectations but still it offers very unique listening experience.

I don't really care if it's earbud, iem or headphones. As long as they offer resolution and depth I'm in. And earbud is hella lot cheaper to venture so in the future, when I fork out thousands to get my first ciem I already knew what kind of sound I really want.

Feb 15, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #17,647 of 75,470
  After almost 4 months I've finally received the K64...

The incredibly long cord (silver version) is the only attribute of the K64 that makes it stand out from my other budget IEM's. Glad it made it there finally. Did they send it by clipper ship?

Feb 15, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #17,648 of 75,470

The incredibly long cord (silver version) is the only attribute of the K64 that makes it stand out from my other budget IEM's. Glad it made it there finally. Did they send it by clipper ship?

That's sad that it doesn't sound better than one of your other IEM's, it looks cool. 

Feb 15, 2017 at 1:14 PM Post #17,649 of 75,470
Just discovered this thread while looking for some reviews on the 1More E1008. I couldn't find anything so any ahead and bought one which arrived today - very impressed with the sound (not a completely new convert to earbuds as I own two pairs of Monk+, but these seema nice step up. Anyone here heard them in comparison to the more "popular" big hitters like the Zen / Zen 2.0 /Rose Mojito / Shozy earbuds? Just wondering where these E1008s sit on the quality scale, as I might have to give some others a try if they are significantly better than this! :wink:

Feb 15, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #17,650 of 75,470
  Speaking of details... How's Campfred compared to Rose Mojito in terms of details/clarity? Thanks

CampFred's details are there, but are more in line with the rest of frequencies, while Mojito's detailing are more upfront and overpower the other frequencies. The clarity is debatable, due to Mojito's brighter sound signature and CampFred's more relaxed signature, so it comes down to personal preference in my opinion.

Feb 15, 2017 at 1:52 PM Post #17,651 of 75,470

CampFred's details are there, but are more in line with the rest of frequencies, while Mojito's detailing are more upfront and overpower the other frequencies. The clarity is debatable, due to Mojito's brighter sound signature and CampFred's more relaxed signature, so it comes down to personal preference in my opinion.

I think I start to get a broad brush of what to expect of Campfred, thanks!

Feb 15, 2017 at 2:08 PM Post #17,652 of 75,470

Yeah, it might be a matter of taste. I do not think that MX985 (or MX980/OMX980) could ever come in the no 1 spot for me. Perhaps before Blox TM7 were released in 2012 but I bought my Sennheisers after TM7. TM7 is similar to MX985 but more lush sounding and with better bass.
And I sort of agree with @vapman that MX985 (MX980/OMX980) is a bit boring. To my ears it adds little to the music and you hear more of the source than the earbuds. So a good source might be necessary.

Personally I like that neutrality. But I do enjoy more "colored"  and fun sounding earbuds more. I suppose it depends on the mood.

I have always wanted to try the MX985 since I read about it here. I love neutrality with high resolution and clarity. I've always been a bit of an analytical person. My ER4XR iem are ruler flat (with a tiny bit more bass than the SR version) and sound so clear. Really brings out the most in certain songs (if you have the right source). 

I just hate the "in your head" sound that most iem suffer from. I thought about getting ones that sound more spacious and with a larger soundstage, but the price jacks up considerably. Earbuds already do this at a lower cost. The only thing they lack is the seal to get a proper (sub)bass response without the risk of overpowering other frequencies.

Feb 15, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #17,654 of 75,470

If you want to try this with the Mojito, I've found that this is the perfect combo for me.  From Monk ex pack...rubber ring (guides cut off), thin foam, then a donut foam over that.  The Mojito's circumference is a little smaller than Monks (which fit me perfectly with 2 thin foams).  I've found that the rubber ring (which also helps the foams not slide around on the Mojitos thin edge) and donut help build up the outer width to create a better "seal".  Makes the Mojito less trebly without sacrificing detail, makes the bass boom and just sounds huge and all around awesome.  I didn't like the Mojito until I came up with this, now it truly is amazing.  I've tried this combo with other earbuds, but it doesn't work because it muddies their sound.  On Mojito, it's magic to my ears with no loss of detail.

Feb 15, 2017 at 4:02 PM Post #17,655 of 75,470

​Well,IMHO, it may be  technically true concerning budget hybrids like **** etc. due to ba, if it means you can hear more details. But in fact sometimes it is better NOT to hear these details - piercing,grainy treble, artificial midbass, strange vocals... most of chinese iems trying to pretend to be audiophile,  you know "5-40khz, Hi-Res" and such. Detail and resolution in first place. Earbuds just trying to increase impedance and to kill monk
rolleyes.gif
​, but music is in first place.

Of course actually  it's all about preferences and fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back