Concise Multi-IEM Comparison (FINAL UPDATE March. 1st, 2013)
Jan 12, 2014 at 6:41 PM Post #1,216 of 1,242
ASG-2?
I've got the V-sonic GR07's at present and was thinking of an upgrade. I prefer IEM's and was leaning towards hybrid phones but I think these may still be quite expensive. I listen to all types of music, want phones that aren't too bass heavy, have good separation and soundstage, slightly forward mids and clean trebles. source is a Cowon J3 that isn't amped though I will get one of the phones requre it.

Any suggestions folks? Oh yes budget is no more than £300 / $500.

Jan 12, 2014 at 7:56 PM Post #1,217 of 1,242
  I've got the V-sonic GR07's at present and was thinking of an upgrade. I prefer IEM's and was leaning towards hybrid phones but I think these may still be quite expensive. I listen to all types of music, want phones that aren't too bass heavy, have good separation and soundstage, slightly forward mids and clean trebles. source is a Cowon J3 that isn't amped though I will get one of the phones requre it.

My recommendation is the Shure SE535.  I believe that they fit the description you gave quite well.  I use mine with IPod Classic 7Gen > Fiio L9 > JDS C5 > Fiio RC-SE1 > 535's...all genres of music.  They are an especially nice pairing with the C5.  I haven't heard with Cowan J3.

Jan 18, 2014 at 7:33 PM Post #1,219 of 1,242

My recommendation is the Shure SE535.  I believe that they fit the description you gave quite well.  I use mine with IPod Classic 7Gen > Fiio L9 > JDS C5 > Fiio RC-SE1 > 535's...all genres of music.  They are an especially nice pairing with the C5.  I haven't heard with Cowan J3.

The company cosmic ears, www.cosmicears.com makes hybrid customs that get great reviews, and are in your price range

Jan 24, 2014 at 11:03 PM Post #1,221 of 1,242
iPod shuffle does not suffice for quality audio

Grab a Clip Zip/Clip+: cheaper, better audio, expandable storage...oh, and you can choose what you listen to.

**** APPLE

Quote:
Do you think using ipod shuffle as a music player on my newly bought dunu dn-900 would suffice?

Jan 26, 2014 at 10:47 AM Post #1,222 of 1,242
Hi

I am looking for bass heavy iem to listen to hip hop (eminem) mostly.
I currently have klipsch image s4. not very happy with the bass i get from it at low volumes, love the bass at high volumes tho
I want to upgrade to something with much more bass and should be less than $100
i came up with 2 from the review which are available for purchase. Red Giant Malleus A00 and DUNU DN-18 Hawkeye
which one do you think matches for me better?
also heard of Velodyne vPulse, is it better than these 2?

Jan 26, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #1,223 of 1,242
More bass than S4? Check out the TFTA IEMs, they might be right up your alley.

Quote:
  Hi

I currently have klipsch image s4. not very happy with the bass i get from it at low volumes, love the bass at high volumes tho
i came up with 2 from the review which are available for purchase. Red Giant Malleus A00 and DUNU DN-18 Hawkeye

Jan 27, 2014 at 6:55 PM Post #1,224 of 1,242
Hey, I'm looking for some good IEM for around $100-150 and I'm currently looking at the HiFiMan RE400, mostly for the good review they got in this thread.

However, I'm looking for some alternatives as well. I listen to a wide variety of music, but do follow electronic music mostly. I'm worried if the bass is too low on these for bass-heavy music. I also want the headphones to have really good noise cancellation. I'm also interested in the JayBird BlueBuds X for the wireless capabilities and I'm wondering how they compare.

Does anyone have any recommendations, or should I be fine with the RE400's?

Jan 28, 2014 at 9:28 AM Post #1,225 of 1,242
More bass than S4? Check out the TFTA IEMs, they might be right up your alley.

Quote:
  Hi

Thanks Gilly
I checked about the TFTA and TFTA 1XB looks good but its very expensive, i am not sure if i should go that higher
Any idea about HiSoundAudio Wooduo 2? I heard they were great for bass after some researching

Jun 7, 2014 at 7:51 AM Post #1,227 of 1,242
Hey! I'm looking for an IEM between the $30 to $60 price range. To my understanding, these are the currently recommended pieces:
Sony MH1C
SteelSeries Flux In-Ear
VSonic V02

Unless there are other recommended earphones, which of these would you recommend to a person that appreciates very accurate
sound but also enjoys noticeable bass?

Jun 7, 2014 at 9:58 AM Post #1,228 of 1,242
  Hey! I'm looking for an IEM between the $30 to $60 price range. To my understanding, these are the currently recommended pieces:
Sony MH1C
SteelSeries Flux In-Ear
VSonic V02

Unless there are other recommended earphones, which of these would you recommend to a person that appreciates very accurate

Klipsch S4 are decent too. If you want noticeable bass I would bump it up a little and get the SE215 Shure

Jun 9, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #1,229 of 1,242
Sony MH1C
SteelSeries Flux In-Ear
VSonic V02

In that price range, these are the most recommended currently:

Zero Audio Carbo Tenore ZH-DX200-CT
Ostry KC06
Havi B3 Pro I

Users who are viewing this thread

Back