Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Jan 24, 2015 at 1:03 PM Post #32,386 of 42,298
If anyone is interested in the Brimar information:

Brimar 5Z4GY. Available in black or brown base.

Purchase from Langrex. Great service. Cheap freight and takes a average of a week to deliver.

http://www.langrex.co.uk/common-valves.html

Price £18.50 each.

Jan 24, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #32,387 of 42,298

Purchase from Langrex. Great service. Cheap freight and takes a average of a week to deliver.

http://www.langrex.co.uk/common-valves.html

Price £18.50 each.

Yes you found a really great bargain - Thanks for sharing with us :)

Jan 24, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #32,388 of 42,298
At the moment I am sitting in my armchair and enjoy some singer and songwriter music.

Beautiful setup. That looks like a projection screen behind your head-fi rig presentation. Did you cannibalize your theater rig for Head-Fi? You, sir, are a true enthusiast 
L3000.gif

Jan 24, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #32,389 of 42,298
Beautiful setup. That looks like a projection screen behind your head-fi rig presentation. Did you cannibalize your theater rig for Head-Fi? You, sir, are a true enthusiast :L3000:

I cannibalized my HT also. Never had a interest in headphones at all until 6 months ago. Everything is changed now tho.

I have a mega expensive projector. 230 unwatched blu-ray films and all I want to do is play with the Woo. :D

HT link: http://www.blu-ray.com/community/gallery.php?member=Badas

Jan 24, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #32,390 of 42,298
I cannibalized my HT also. Never had a interest in headphones at all until 6 months ago. Everything is changed now tho.

I have a mega expensive projector. 230 unwatched blu-ray films and all I want to do is play with the Woo.
biggrin.gif

HT link: http://www.blu-ray.com/community/gallery.php?member=Badas

Wow... impressive HT setup. I don't think I would ever leave that room 
rolleyes.gif

Jan 24, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #32,392 of 42,298

Purchase from Langrex.

I found out about this tube from @TonyNewman…who then told me he found out about this tube through you, so thank you! I ordered one the other night, but didn't see/realize they came in Bown/Black base, so I don't know what I'm getting. What are the differences? 

Jan 24, 2015 at 8:25 PM Post #32,393 of 42,298
  I found out about this tube from @TonyNewman…who then told me he found out about this tube through you, so thank you! I ordered one the other night, but didn't see/realize they came in Bown/Black base, so I don't know what I'm getting. What are the differences? 

None, both are the same.

Jan 24, 2015 at 8:32 PM Post #32,394 of 42,298
The Holy Grail, to quote someone on this thread ... Western Electric 421a, matched pair, tested strong, coming soon to a Woo near me.

Now, I really *do* have to stop buying tubes. 
L3000.gif

Jan 24, 2015 at 8:36 PM Post #32,396 of 42,298
So its just pot luck?

Yep, when I oredred I didn't specify Black or Brown and I was sent Black, I guess you try specifying when you order.

Jan 24, 2015 at 9:07 PM Post #32,399 of 42,298

Ha, I bought 4 of those last week. Not yet arrived. I'm on the wrong end of the planet.

I do have one set that is labeled up Chatham with the same design. They are the best sounding 6AS7G that I have heard. However I haven't heard the 5998.

Well, I finally got around to throwing one of the TS 6AS7G into the WA3. No burn-in, yet, so maybe the sound will change. More controlled bass (and less of it, compared to the 5998, which was really growing on me), but it shows promise.

However, the first one I tried really rings - I mean more than any other tube I have. I guess I've been lucky, so far.

Does ringing settle down with burn-in or it going to stay that way? Do I need tube dampers for these? Or, is this just a bad tube or how these sound?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back