1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by dannie01, Jun 9, 2009.
  1. reeltime
    Can you explain how you are running balanced outputs into unbalanced inputs? I'm not tracking something. The WA5 is single ended. It can't 'do' balanced.

2. JLoud
    The WA5 has balanced inputs that are summed internally.

3. JLoud
    Yes the balanced inputs and output are for convenience. But according to Schiit, they recommended rather strongly, to use balanced output from the yggy. I tried SE and balanced out of Yggy to WA5. I did prefer the balanced. The WA5 takes the balanced input and converts to SE. And does it very well. WA5 is SE, just capable of accepting both types of signal. The whole balanced vs SE is way overblown. But just go with what sounds best to you. That's what this hobby is all about, personal audio nirvana.

4. nathanoakes
    Got my Sophia 274B in my WA6SE tonight. Here's a long exposure of its glow! [​IMG]

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  5. Ralf Hutter
    Oh, that's nice!

Thanks for my new screensaver!

6. nathanoakes
    Hey no problem!

7. Maalis
    Are 12SN7-->13DE7 adapters identical to 6SN7-->6DE7 adapters?

edit: Nevermind, got an answer from Woo already :)

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  8. TraneTime
    This is now my work computers wallpaper! Thanks for the great pic! :eye::headphones:

9. Feedbacker
    I'm interested in the answer? Are they?

10. Maalis
    Yes.

Feedbacker likes this.
  11. audioadvocate
    Beautiful photo. I love what the Sophia Princess did to my amp's sound stage and low end. I know that the rectifier tube "rectifies" AC to provide the DC rail voltages, but I was very surprised that a tube not actually in the audio amplification chain could make such a difference (from the stock Chinese tube supplied).

12. Rhamnetin
    That suggests that the Yggy's XLR outputs are better for other reasons I guess.

Anyway, I'll be joining this club very soon, getting the same exact amp as you actually my good sir. But are good rectifier tubes for under $200 or even $250 (pair) hard to find now or what? Sheesh.

13. joseph69
    Any impressions between the WA22 & WA33 (standard)?

acguitar84 and Contrails like this.
  14. joseph69
    This morning I pulled the trigger on a WA33 (standard) which should be here within the first week of June. I Did read some impressions about the WA33 (standard) from some of the CanJams, and all were very positive. I've owned my WA6 for +/-6yrs now, and I still enjoy it very much, so I'm thinking I can't go wrong.

MIKELAP and matthewhypolite like this.
  15. phase0
    I heard the WA33 at the CanJam and it's impressive. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

joseph69 likes this.