1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by dannie01, Jun 9, 2009.
  1. punit

I bought it used, at much lower price than a new one.

2. Louis111
    Just bought a U.S. army Raytheon Tube Type RK60 for my Woo WA6SE. Could you tell me where I can find an adapter to fit since the pins are not the same size as the originals

Gear is: MacBook Pro-Bifrost-WA6SE-HD800-Momentum full size

3. jc9394

Can't even if I want to go, have a weeding to attend on the 21th.

4. jc9394

Ebay have few sellers sells it.

5. HiFiGuy528
    Hey everyone, we will be at the San Francisco Bay Area Head-Fi meet on July 19th.  Here's more info on the meet.  Look forward to meeting some of you.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/714477/official-2014-sf-head-fi-meet-july-19-2014-doubletree-san-francisco-airport

6. jc9394

Dang, I'm only 15 minutes away but I can't stay until Saturday.  [​IMG]

7. TontNZ
    I've just received my WA5-LE (maxed), not even unpacked yet!  This is the first valve/tube amp I've purchased in 25 years.  So what's considered best practice for burning in tube amps now?

What's the maximum run time?  Does significant variations in volume matter?  I was planning on using the cheap tubes that come with the WA5-LE to run it in and then swap to the best tubes, is this the right way to go?

8. kkcc

Congrats!! I recall Jack's advise is not running continuously over 8 hours.

9. kazsud

Good to know :)

10. joseph69
    Congratulations!

11. MickeyVee
    Sweet! Congtrats!

Quote:

12. lojay
    Since tubes will expire to meet their maker in less than 10,000 hrs (sometimes much less) I suppose that is right. It is probably time to shop for premium tubes!

13. HiFiGuy528

Congratulations!  We would love to see some pics when you're ready.   :) 

14. punit
    HiFiGuy528 Can you confirm this is correct ? If yes then can you elaborate why ? All  amp manufacturers that I have purchased from (A GD, Schiit, Meier, Bottlehead etc.) have confirmed that there is no problem leaving their amps on for 2-3 days.

Also did you work for Sony before ? You have almost all their HP's ?

15. Redcarmoose

How exciting! I remember that feeling. Congratulations. Yes, they recommend only 8 hour runs. The amps get a little toasty after time on.