Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Jun 14, 2012 at 11:58 AM Post #21,796 of 42,298
Quote:
No worry, they have varies sizes of thread stick to fit your amp from original M6 convert to M4, M8, M10, M12 and M6/¼"-20 UNC. There must have one fits your amp's need.
very_evil_smiley.gif
 You just have to check the threads' size then place yourr and that's it.
biggrin.gif

I use the M6 to M4 thread sticks for the WA5LE.

The conversion threads are included?  You are really an evil. 
very_evil_smiley.gif
  Reminds me not going shopping with you if I ever back in HK.

Jun 14, 2012 at 12:02 PM Post #21,797 of 42,298
Quote:
After Silent One's thick and massive "chopping board" and the Atomic Audio Labs Mac mini platform with spikes for his system. I followed and bought a set "new shoes" for the WA5LE, the Viablue QTC Spikes.
biggrin.gif

They look very nice and feel solid. For initial impression after putting in the amp for about an hour, sound feel a bit more micro detail on highs but lush with no fatigue from the LCD-3, bass is also a bit tighter but still dive deep, more 3 dimension with good separation and better soundstage.

It may be no sonic different with the stock footers and this is only my illusion or just psychologically feeling good because they really look nice with the WA5LE.
biggrin.gif

i didn't know they have silver(color at least) feet.  last time i check they only have those musicman had with the rp010b. 

Jun 14, 2012 at 12:21 PM Post #21,798 of 42,298
Quote:
i didn't know they have silver(color at least) feet.  last time i check they only have those musicman had with the rp010b. 

I checked that from their OFFICIAL WEBSITE, I originally looked for the HS Series becuase they seem good from the web but when I see these spikes putting in front of me, I know I will never pick the HS for my amp.
beerchug.gif

BTW, welcome to join our family, remember to post some pics when your have the WA5 delivered.

Jun 14, 2012 at 12:37 PM Post #21,801 of 42,298
Quote:
Yes, but I want it firmly screwed into the amp instead of  just putting it over, I will not take any potential risk to my WA5LE.
biggrin.gif

OH, I will never dedicate my #1500 post to other thread.
biggrin.gif

Good point, especially with toddles running around.  My wallet said, he hates me... we will see who wins...

Jun 14, 2012 at 1:37 PM Post #21,806 of 42,298
Quote:
did you look at this before?

tri_absorber_silver_4_vp.jpg

These were my very first entry into footers. Bought them for the Woo and the music server. As dannie01 rightly points out, there's an issue with stability - sliding from the unit being bump. I cut small thin pieces of Rubber Maid mat to prevent my gear from sliding. But the downside is it has a dampening effect; will change sonics and not always in a positive manner.

I think these will serve in a pinch. They're height adjustable and can be placed anywhere. But I think there are better options I'd rather have. 

Jun 14, 2012 at 1:45 PM Post #21,807 of 42,298
Quote:

These were my very first entry into footers. Bought them for the Woo and the music server. As dannie01 rightly points out, there's an issue with stability - sliding from the unit being bump. I cut small thin pieces of Rubber Maid mat to prevent my gear from sliding. But the downside is it has a dampening effect; will change sonics and not always in a positive manner.

I think these will serve in a pinch. They're height adjustable and can be placed anywhere. But I think there are better options I'd rather have. 

Not bad for my turntable since it use three feet and the back is in the center while my Marantz receiver has metal mesh that is half an inch lower than the wood case.

Jun 14, 2012 at 6:03 PM Post #21,808 of 42,298
Quote:

Yes that's the same issue that I have with these, they're slippery little buggers!

I'll figure out something though. Probably adhesive-related once I figure out exactly where they will live
eek.gif

Jun 14, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #21,809 of 42,298
Quote:
Quote:

Yes that's the same issue that I have with these, they're slippery little buggers!

I'll figure out something though. Probably adhesive-related once I figure out exactly where they will live
eek.gif

Only moments after I had the Woo perfectly perched on my Tri-Absorbers, I went to plug the headphone jack in and... whoops! The amp started to slide but I caught it, due to the length of the chassis, the amp was suspended by my hand in the front and the remaining two footers in the rear (whew!).

Follow up: Just a brief follow up to my evaluation of the Atomic Audio Labs Mac platform for the Woozies with Mac mini music servers. After further review, the component works as advertised. 
wink.gif

Jun 14, 2012 at 6:28 PM Post #21,810 of 42,298
I'm probably just going to use them to space my equalizer from the top of my speaker amp amp, which is near the floor anyways
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back