Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Jun 13, 2012 at 6:31 AM Post #21,766 of 42,298
Quote:
sure!

beerchug.gif

For both you get a job very soon and the WA22. 
biggrin.gif

Jun 13, 2012 at 7:56 AM Post #21,767 of 42,298
Quote:
Hello everybody!

While a long-time reader to the forum, here I am with my first post. I am happily using it to officially apply for membership in your circle: I ordered my WA22 yesterday!

Background is that I started using headphones more and more following the birth of our son last year. Funnily enough he was not sensitive to music at all during the first months (he could fall asleep in from of the loudspeakers) but is being more and more disturbed by my listening in the evenings. I am currently using a HD650 with the headphone output of my NAD C375, which I think is very good for an integrated amp. Nevertheless I can see that these changing family dynamics will lead me more and more towards using headphones, hence the intention to gradually upgrade my setup.

I am glad that I found this community, where I am sure I will find answers to my numerous upcoming questions.

Welcome lolovitch. Since you got the WA22, will you be feeding it a balanced source?

Jun 13, 2012 at 9:01 AM Post #21,768 of 42,298

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome.

Quote:
Welcome lolovitch. Since you got the WA22, will you be feeding it a balanced source?

Re balanced source: nothing yet in my rack. But I don't think I will be able to refrain for long before adding a balanced DAC (Actually I started reading reviews literally minutes after ordering the WA22).

Jun 13, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #21,769 of 42,298
Quote:
Thanks everybody for the warm welcome.

Quote:

Re balanced source: nothing yet in my rack. But I don't think I will be able to refrain for long before adding a balanced DAC (Actually I started reading reviews literally minutes after ordering the WA22).

There are a lot of good review and pairing of W4S DAC2 and WA22.  I never tried the W4S DAC2 but I love the PS Audio PWD, it is also a music server too when you have the Bridge option.

Jun 13, 2012 at 11:11 AM Post #21,770 of 42,298
Quote:
There are a lot of good review and pairing of W4S DAC2 and WA22.  I never tried the W4S DAC2 but I love the PS Audio PWD, it is also a music server too when you have the Bridge option.

Other than the W4 DAC2, the Mytek Stereo 192 performing similar function and also with some good reveiws, it can convert DSD files, too. There is long discussion thread in Computer Audiophile may worth a look.

Jun 13, 2012 at 11:27 AM Post #21,771 of 42,298
After Silent One's thick and massive "chopping board" and the Atomic Audio Labs Mac mini platform with spikes for his system. I followed and bought a set "new shoes" for the WA5LE, the Viablue QTC Spikes.
biggrin.gif

They look very nice and feel solid. For initial impression after putting in the amp for about an hour, sound feel a bit more micro detail on highs but lush with no fatigue from the LCD-3, bass is also a bit tighter but still dive deep, more 3 dimension with good separation and better soundstage.

It may be no sonic different with the stock footers and this is only my illusion or just psychologically feeling good because they really look nice with the WA5LE.
biggrin.gif

Jun 13, 2012 at 11:40 AM Post #21,772 of 42,298
Quote:
After Silent One's thick and massive "chopping board" and the Atomic Audio Labs Mac mini platform with spikes for his system. I followed and bought a set "new shoes" for the WA5LE, the Viablue QTC Spikes.
biggrin.gif

They look very nice and feel solid. For initial impression after putting in the amp for about an hour, sound feel a bit more micro detail on highs but lush with no fatigue from the LCD-3, bass is also a bit tighter but still dive deep, more 3 dimension with good separation and better soundstage.

It may be no sonic different with the stock footers and this is only my illusion or just psychologically feeling good because they really look nice with the WA5LE.
biggrin.gif

I take this and ignore this post. 
mad.gif

Jun 13, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #21,774 of 42,298
Quote:
biggrin.gif

Works for me, as they do look very nice
beerchug.gif

Jun 13, 2012 at 2:46 PM Post #21,775 of 42,298
Quote:
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

All dolled up for a night at the Opera? Well then... 
biggrin.gif
 With beauty like this, I'm going to have to subscribe to this thread.

Jun 13, 2012 at 2:48 PM Post #21,776 of 42,298
Quote:
Quote:
biggrin.gif

Works for me, as they do look very nice
beerchug.gif

I think over time (at least a month) the more he listens, he'll know one way or another if he's benefiting from the new presentation. Especially if he yanks 'em out for a night or two! 

Jun 13, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #21,777 of 42,298
Quote:
Quote:
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

I take this and ignore this post. 
mad.gif

You too, could have your forthcoming WA5 sitting on Viablue QTC Spikes, if you send your WA22 out to the West Coast. 
atsmile.gif

Jun 13, 2012 at 3:07 PM Post #21,778 of 42,298
After Silent One's thick and massive "chopping board" and the Atomic Audio Labs Mac mini platform with spikes for his system. I followed and bought a set "new shoes" for the WA5LE, the Viablue QTC Spikes. :D

It may be no sonic different with the stock footers and this is only my illusion or just psychologically feeling good because they really look nice with the WA5LE. :D

Good job Dannie. I use those in my WA5-LE too.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Jun 13, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #21,779 of 42,298
Quote:

You too, could have your forthcoming WA5 sitting on Viablue QTC Spikes, if you send your WA22 out to the West Coast. 
atsmile.gif

It will be shipping soon but not west coast, going to see the doctor to get the last mod done. 
biggrin.gif

Jun 13, 2012 at 3:54 PM Post #21,780 of 42,298
Quote:
Quote:

atsmile.gif

It will be shipping soon but not west coast, going to see the doctor to get the last mod done. 
biggrin.gif

Certainly, I understand. First, our doctor has to see his doctor and then... 
biggrin.gif
 but I wouldn't want to buy it prematurely before enhanced, so good move!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back