Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Jun 13, 2012 at 12:39 AM Post #21,752 of 42,298
I wasn't getting any interference with my Mullard GZ37. However I am getting interference now that I'm using the Sophia Princess, which is substantially wider and closer to the adapter wires.

Jun 13, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #21,753 of 42,298
Quote:
I wasn't getting any interference with my Mullard GZ37. However I am getting interference now that I'm using the Sophia Princess, which is substantially wider and closer to the adapter wires.

As I can remember, I also hear no interference when used with EML 5U4G Mesh Plate (this is the biggest rectifier ever tried) and Mullard GZ34, didn't try any Sophia.

Jun 13, 2012 at 1:49 AM Post #21,754 of 42,298
I've used the Princess and the EML rectifiers with Glenn's adapters in place. No interference. He asked me what amp I was going to use them in, and said it was important with the WA22 to face the wires opposite the rectifier.

Jun 13, 2012 at 2:19 AM Post #21,755 of 42,298
No luck here...  Jack says either noise isn't there because they ran my amp for several hours and they didn't hear it; or, the noise is my fault because I have placed other equipment too near the Woo.  As far as the badly drilled pre-out, that "can not be aligned since it's a modification"!
confused_face%281%29.gif

I think what Jack means is that probably all the panels for their amps are built via CNC machining, which is computer controlled. This is done by the machine shop they contract with (from the looks of my WA5SE, it's a good one). If they do a mod or customization where they have to put a hole where there normally isn't one, it will have to be drilled by hand. Which is of course subject to human error. Of course, if anybody is having issues like this on a new amp, make sure it's resolved during the warrantee period. I guess it's more of a problem on equipment received back after service.

Jun 13, 2012 at 2:24 AM Post #21,756 of 42,298

I love to try the WE rectifiers or 300B but their price are sky high. 
frown.gif

Did you see the pair of NOS WE300Bs that were sold on Ebay a couple of weeks ago? Going rates for these now are maybe $3-5K for a set that tests pretty good. If you think that's bad, this pair went for $10,000!!! Because it tested as almost new. The seller had a second pair that went for $8,000. Pretty ridiculous!

Jun 13, 2012 at 2:48 AM Post #21,757 of 42,298
It's way past ridiculous, that's why there's Chinese knock-offs
wink_face.gif

Jun 13, 2012 at 3:06 AM Post #21,758 of 42,298
Quote:

Did you see the pair of NOS WE300Bs that were sold on Ebay a couple of weeks ago? Going rates for these now are maybe $3-5K for a set that tests pretty good. If you think that's bad, this pair went for $10,000!!! Because it tested as almost new. The seller had a second pair that went for $8,000. Pretty ridiculous!

eek.gif
 It's not ridiculous, it's about crazy and will much crazier in the future.  
Quote:
It's way past ridiculous, that's why there's Chinese knock-offs
wink_face.gif

Can't agree more. 
frown.gif

Jun 13, 2012 at 4:29 AM Post #21,759 of 42,298
Hello everybody!

While a long-time reader to the forum, here I am with my first post. I am happily using it to officially apply for membership in your circle: I ordered my WA22 yesterday!

Background is that I started using headphones more and more following the birth of our son last year. Funnily enough he was not sensitive to music at all during the first months (he could fall asleep in from of the loudspeakers) but is being more and more disturbed by my listening in the evenings. I am currently using a HD650 with the headphone output of my NAD C375, which I think is very good for an integrated amp. Nevertheless I can see that these changing family dynamics will lead me more and more towards using headphones, hence the intention to gradually upgrade my setup.

I am glad that I found this community, where I am sure I will find answers to my numerous upcoming questions.

Jun 13, 2012 at 4:48 AM Post #21,760 of 42,298
Welcome to the club lolovitch, and congrats on your WA22!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back