Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4?
Nov 10, 2012 at 1:06 PM Post #31 of 59
To my ears they are three times as fun, and I use them three times as much as I used to with my w4. Best money I've ever spent, after my motorcycle that is.

Nov 11, 2012 at 7:30 AM Post #32 of 59
To me even the GR07 are an improvement over W4. EX1000 is better in every aspect except for the seal, which is excellent on the W4 and average or less on EX1000. K3003 blows it completely (it does cost almost triple the price of W4), again except for the seal.

Nov 11, 2012 at 7:39 PM Post #33 of 59
Quote:
The Togo really is hard on the pocket though. Would you guys happen to know what midground there is between the W4 and the Togo?

I would recommend that you look into Heir Audio 3.Ai or 4.Ai. I heard that It's very good with the price tag just below half of 334. There is a discussion thread about Heir Audio on this forum too.

Dec 2, 2012 at 11:07 AM Post #34 of 59
Every IEM listed has its own set of weaknesses and strengths, and as ownership settles in, you just have to find out what you can put up with best. Except the Heir IEMs, which are perfect. That's just the FOTM talking, let's see how that pans out in due time.

Dec 3, 2012 at 6:39 AM Post #39 of 59
Quote:
This thread makes the W4 sound terrible lol.

Seriously. I've been looking for a more comfortable replacement for my TF10 for the past hour or so and have pretty much heard nothing but praise for the W4 until this thread. I'm basically looking for a flush fit universal with which I can comfortably lay on my side with without downgrading from the TF10's sound. Don't want to spend more than $400. I kinda wish I had jumped on a $350 Black Friday deal for the Westone 4R.

Is the 4.Ai a flush fit?

Dec 3, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #40 of 59
Hi
I am a vocal lover
I like w4 very much

Upgrade recommend: ciem acs T1 live ; universal fitear togo334 by Suyama
I have them both, thats why i think both of them is very good for being w4's upgrade

Sorry for my very bad english

Dec 3, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #41 of 59
Quote:
Hi
I am a vocal lover
I like w4 very much
Upgrade recommend: ciem acs T1 live ; universal fitear togo334 by Suyama
I have them both, thats why i think both of them is very good for being w4's upgrade

Sorry mate but can you do a brief comparison between the ACS T1 Live! and the FitEar ToGo! 334? I'm about to pull the trigger on the ACS (actually I'm getting my impressions taken this Friday) but I'm quite curious about the shootout, if you don't mind.

Dec 3, 2012 at 12:45 PM Post #42 of 59
Sorry mate but can you do a brief comparison between the ACS T1 Live! and the FitEar ToGo! 334? I'm about to pull the trigger on the ACS (actually I'm getting my impressions taken this Friday) but I'm quite curious about the shootout, if you don't mind.

Yes, but...
The problem is my english is very bad

Ok, let me try
Sound quality of 334 is better than acs t1 live, details, imaging, staging, transparant, etc
Treble section i think 334 is better than acs

Now, the bass section, i cant speak since my acs is still at other country for some reasons , perharps next week i can AB compare both of them
As i could remember, i prefer acs's bass than fitear's

For sealing, comfort, microphonics, isolation, etc... Acs is still one of the best... Far leaving 334 behind

And now, let me speak my opinion
Acs is a custom and 334 is an universal iem
You cant compare them because the function is different...
One is you buy for a comfort and as a VERY PERSONAL audio equipment which is made SPECIALLY for just you... Just 1 stuff!
And the other one you could say its a "mass product"

How could you compare a shirt which special made for you, one and only in this earth
With a shirt which you brough it from a mall and EVERYONE can buy and wear 100% same as yours
:)

Dec 3, 2012 at 1:11 PM Post #43 of 59
^ Well actually sonic comparison between the two was all I care about. I did not see you mention the midrange - especially vocals. Which one fares better? Which one do you think can convey more emotions in vocal?

Dec 3, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #44 of 59
Ow, okay, u are also a vocal lover... Hahaha my bad i didnt mention mid and vocals clearly

Vocal
Acs is slight dark... A very warm signature
Darker than 334
I like dark sound signature, but 334's vocal is so detail and transparent... In a natural way...
334's vocal is better than acs's

Emotion
Both is good to convey emotions

334 is slighty more fatique than acs

In my opinion
Sound quality especially in mid range, 334 is better than acs
Vocal also 334 is better than acs

About convey emotion, i should AB compare both of them (right now as i remember, i think 334 is better than acs, but to make sure, i still need to AB compare)
Perharps next week i could AB compare both of them

Dec 3, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #45 of 59
Quote:

Seriously. I've been looking for a more comfortable replacement for my TF10 for the past hour or so and have pretty much heard nothing but praise for the W4 until this thread. I'm basically looking for a flush fit universal with which I can comfortably lay on my side with without downgrading from the TF10's sound. Don't want to spend more than $400. I kinda wish I had jumped on a $350 Black Friday deal for the Westone 4R.

Is the 4.Ai a flush fit?

I got a W4 recently to compare to the TF10. For me, the TF10 is really comfortable to me with hybrids + flip mod while the W4 hurt my ears till I used it with hybrids on Westone tip stems. W4 is clearly more detailed than the TF10 and I'd say its flush with your ears. Also, the W4 is less bassy and the midrange is more forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back