Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call)
Oct 12, 2011 at 3:25 PM Post #346 of 2,312
To throw in another dac/amp you could look at iBasso.  I don't own, but have read a lot of good reviews when compared to FIIO and they are in the same price range ($100-300).  I am going to pick up the new T5 amp to go with my HiFi-780's when they release it next week (hopefully).

Quote:
I have the onboard soundcard of my motherboard http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM3/M4A89GTD_PROUSB3/

ALC 892 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC 
- BD Audio Layer Content Protection 
- Support 192khz/24bit True BD Lossless Sound
- DTS Surround Sensation UltraPC 
- Supports Jack-Detection, Multi-Streaming, and Front Panel Jack-Retasking 
- Optical S/PDIF Out ports at back I/O 
- ASUS Noise Filter

Same probleme with my ipod shuffle or samsung galaxy s2

I'm currently looking for a dac/amp but I'm not decided yet. The new Fiio e10 or the new Aune X1.

I can more easely detect it when I listen to some songs of adele. But I also can here somes with other songs.

Oct 14, 2011 at 11:54 PM Post #348 of 2,312
I have now tryed it with a Creative X-fi platinum

already had this soundcard on an other pc. 
Still the same distorsion problem.

Oct 20, 2011 at 3:36 AM Post #349 of 2,312
Gotta love other's reaction when listening to the DJ1. Nothing hifi or near Bass KING as other headphones (namely PRO900 or others), but the superior bass impact just gives them this widely opened mouth left speechless

Oct 20, 2011 at 7:06 AM Post #350 of 2,312

Quote:
I'm so happy you showed me, cause I completely misunderstood. In fact, I thought of the same solution, but couldn't find a suitable material. I'll definitely give it a try. Btw, what difference did you notice, by balancing the pro2900? I have an aftermarket cable, and I'm really appreciating the slight improvement. 

sorry for the late answer..

for the difference in sound,, well first i'm a cable believer,, i believe that GOOD QUALITY cable will improve the sound more than than the effect of burn in, and there is that not every headphone will benefit from cable changing but the pro 2900 is one of the cans that benefit much from cable changing... by balancing the pro 2900 with moon audio black dragon cable, i think its not only improve the sound but also changes the sound signature a little bit,, i think the bigger cable in the inside of the cup also change the acoustic of the housing, and with the removal of the "headphone jack board" in the left cup and the 10 ohm diode that placed in the driver should contribute the change of sound..  

after the mod the sound is more spacious,, more "out of head" feeling,, the depth and separation is better,, has more 3D feeling, and more "balance" (the stock sound feels a little unbalance to my left ear for me).. the mid is thicker, more intimate sounding, smoother but also clearer and more detailed,, treble is darker and less grainy but still very detail and still has its "fun" ultrasone treble in a more natural fashion. the bass sector i think is where it changes much, the bass would not hit as punchy, lost a bit of quantity and "impact" as the stock was.. on the contrary the bass is deeper, more solid and controlled, but it feels like the bass is placed in the space outside of your head,, i don't know how to put the right words to it, more effortless and airy is what i feel about the change in bass..it doesnt mean that the bass is light,, its just that it present the bass little different than the stock sound..

the recable mod i think make the pro 2900 sounds more "audiophile" and a much better all rounder but do take notes that it doesnt made it a totally different headphone,, i think its changed about 10 to15% of its original sound signature, the cable and the plug used also play an important role... but you can also built an aftermarket cable that made like the stock cable,, that way you can change the stock cable with it and you will get some improvement in sound while still retain its original sound signature and single sided form...

Oct 24, 2011 at 12:13 AM Post #351 of 2,312
Just ordered a pair of Pro 900's :D. Can't wait for them to arrive, but unfortunately they're back-ordered :/. Can I just pair my 900's with a Fiio e11? I want a portable amp and I know it can drive these because of their low impedance. I'm only coming from some Sony XB-500's, so I don't think I can be disappointed with these headphones or amp.

Oct 24, 2011 at 2:36 AM Post #352 of 2,312

Quote:
Just ordered a pair of Pro 900's :D. Can't wait for them to arrive, but unfortunately they're back-ordered :/. Can I just pair my 900's with a Fiio e11? I want a portable amp and I know it can drive these because of their low impedance. I'm only coming from some Sony XB-500's, so I don't think I can be disappointed with these headphones or amp.

Be sure to burn in the Pro 900 for at least 100 hours - Mine changed hugely (for the better) during that phase. I sure hope the E11 will drive them properly, I just picked up a used one so I can bring my Pro 900 to work :)

Oct 26, 2011 at 8:26 PM Post #355 of 2,312

Quote:
Thank you for the advice. Is there any special way to burn them in? Should I just use pink noise or just let them play with regular music?

Pink noise works faster imo, also helps reduce the hearing fatique you get from listening to Ultrasone headphones when they're straight out of the box.

Oct 28, 2011 at 4:04 PM Post #356 of 2,312

Quote:
Thank you for the advice. Is there any special way to burn them in? Should I just use pink noise or just let them play with regular music?

I made this file for burning in my Pro 900: Http://www.sorensiim.dk/stuff/Burn-in2.mp3
4 minutes of pink noise -> 30 seconds of silence -> 4 minutes of brown noise -> 30 seconds of silence. 
Just loop that file for 100-300 hours and you're all set. Yes, the Pro 900 changes audibly between 100 and 300 hours 
smile.gif
. Make sure to take a sneak listen at around 50 hours to hear the direction they're going in.

Oh and feel free to pass along that file, no licensing attached.

Oct 28, 2011 at 11:48 PM Post #359 of 2,312
I'm back in the club too, just ordered pro750 from amazon. I'm a little worried that I may receive the old blue style ones since amazon uses both colors in their pics. I hope my ears don't find them to be that big of a drop of from the 900s.

Oct 29, 2011 at 12:09 AM Post #360 of 2,312
Has anyone picked up the Anniversary edition 650's? They are cheaper than normal 650's by a fair margin and really nice looking imho with the black and the orange decals.I do notice a substantial change in these 2500's after putting some break-in time on them, must be about 150 hours now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back