The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Oct 28, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #5,882 of 9,235
Just got my two pairs today... holy crap these are trash. Bass and more bass, not the good kind either. One note sounding bass with horrible mids and non-existent high frequency. I seriously rather listen to stock ipod earbuds (not the new earpods either). At least the tips are nice and it comes with a nice carrying case. I will dissect the cable and throw them on some decent iem drivers for iphone usage as the cable works very well for my iphone lol

I think they spent more money/time on the packaging and accessories/marketing than the actual quality of the driver itself. Buyer remorse at the $13 sale price, I would be very pissed paying msrp for these.

I thought these were ok. They reminded me a lot of the JVC HAf x1x Bass Explosions except with more bass. Out of the box the bass is boomy and there is some sibiliance. The box says thy need burn in. The JVCs were like this when I got them. The build quality seems top notch for the $20 retail on amazon. The target market is probably the 12-25 yo non audiophile crowd. I would have been pissed if I paid full price though.

Oct 28, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #5,883 of 9,235
RE 0 o RE Zero? I have/had the Sunrise Xcited and I think those are pretty much something in between those other two iems in SQ, I don't like the trrs connector on the zero but I don't like the high impedance on the RE 0. I need something to complement my b2, something dynamic with punchy bass

Oct 28, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #5,884 of 9,235
Quote:
RE 0 o RE Zero? I have/had the Sunrise Xcited and I think those are pretty much something in between those other two iems in SQ, I don't like the trrs connector on the zero but I don't like the high impedance on the RE 0. I need something to complement my b2, something dynamic with punchy bass

If you need that bass, go away from these.

Oct 29, 2012 at 5:45 AM Post #5,886 of 9,235
Quote:

Both the RE-Zero and the RE-0 will give you a warmer, bassier sound coming from the B2 (they're both still analytical), but you'll miss the clarity and separation.

Oct 29, 2012 at 4:22 PM Post #5,887 of 9,235
Thats great price!! Hmm..I cant resist this :p I must save for GR 08 and stop visiting this thread hehe :D

GR-08...Is this speculation or is it based on something that you've read?

Oct 29, 2012 at 4:27 PM Post #5,888 of 9,235
Oct 29, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #5,890 of 9,235
I was debating between the RE-ZERO and the B2, but decided to go with the RE-ZERO because I think their slightly more relaxed sound (and also being less than half the price with the closeout sale) will be more my style. I'd still like to try some really analytical headphones like the B2, but I think I'm done buying IEMs for at least a year... already bought 4 sets in the past 2 months!

Oct 30, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #5,892 of 9,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardKing1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Both the RE-Zero and the RE-0 will give you a warmer, bassier sound coming from the B2 (they're both still analytical), but you'll miss the clarity and separation.

I've been wondering about the same thing as well. Reason for quoting and asking again, I guess, is that i'm looking for something in about the same price range as the B2 +/- 50 dollar, but not something that is really close to the B2's (if that was the case I could have actually gone for that alternative instead of the B2). Something.. with a proper SQ, not too extremely happy up in the highs, reasonable good sound seperation, still a good clarity, warm treble/bass, warm feeling overal. Tips?

Oct 30, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #5,893 of 9,235
Quote:
Quote:

I've been wondering about the same thing as well. Reason for quoting and asking again, I guess, is that i'm looking for something in about the same price range as the B2 +/- 50 dollar, but not something that is really close to the B2's (if that was the case I could have actually gone for that alternative instead of the B2). Something.. with a proper SQ, not too extremely happy up in the highs, reasonable good sound seperation, still a good clarity, warm treble/bass, warm feeling overal. Tips?

My suggestion is based only on what I've read, so give it the weight it deserves. I'm not saying 'buy them', I'm saying 'read more on them from people who have them'. Consider the Phonak PFE 112, it's a single balanced armature. They come with 2 different sets of filters that change the sound from more analytical to warmer, which is good if you like changing your sound in non-EQ ways. Grey is more analytical, Black is warmer. There's also a Green filter which is bassier. There are lots of reviews comparing these to the B2 since they have a similar sound with grey filters and are in the same price range.
A neat trick found by Head-Fi'ers is that the cheaper PFE 012 is actually a PFE 112 with only green filters, the 112 comes with black and grey. So if you buy a PFE 012 and a full set of filters you have everything you need. Also these seem to be really comfortable (makes sense, Phonak is a hearing aid company).
011 is white, 012 is black (green filters)
111 is white, 112 is black (black and grey filters)
121 is white with mic, 122 is black with mic (black and grey filters)

Oct 30, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #5,894 of 9,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardKing1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Consider the Phonak PFE 112, it's a single balanced armature. They come with 2 different sets of filters that change the sound from more analytical to warmer, which is good if you like changing your sound in non-EQ ways. Grey is more analytical, Black is warmer. There's also a Green filter which is bassier. There are lots of reviews comparing these to the B2 since they have a similar sound with grey filters and are in the same price range. [..cut: Phonak making sense..]

Thanks for the advice! I've indeed been reading about them and their filters, interesting idea; the gray is what would interest me the least of course, having the B2's already. I'm actually glad the Phonak's came up :).

So, the Phonak's would indeed be a very good option, with the black and green filters. Anyone having an interesting option to add for me to consider? Anything up to 180 dollar is fine. And then I'll take a choice and go with the flow!

Oct 30, 2012 at 7:11 PM Post #5,895 of 9,235
Quote:
Quote:

Check out the TDK Ba200

Users who are viewing this thread

Back