The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Oct 28, 2012 at 2:36 AM Post #5,869 of 9,235
Quote:
What?!?!?! Hadn't heard anything about these!

man, you are coming late! but dont worry they'r still not on sale!
wink.gif

Oct 28, 2012 at 2:48 AM Post #5,870 of 9,235
Quote:
Wanted to pass on this deal I picked up from Fatwallet...

Munitio Call of Duty 9mm Billets $13 shipped

I had to bite, seems I can't buy enough buds in this price range if they're said to be decent (heck it's the price of a burger and fries). Looking around there is the occasional review that says bass is ridiculously massive and everything else is nonexistant, but hopefully those are just bad units as there are mostly glowing reviews describing great huge bass plus excellent overall sound. TD's retail is incorrect - these are priced at $70 on Munitio site. Build is said to be excellent, with aluminum body, reinforced cable, etc... and decent accessory pack with carrying case & extra tips.

Just got my two pairs today... holy crap these are trash. Bass and more bass, not the good kind either. One note sounding bass with horrible mids and non-existent high frequency. I seriously rather listen to stock ipod earbuds (not the new earpods either). At least the tips are nice and it comes with a nice carrying case. I will dissect the cable and throw them on some decent iem drivers for iphone usage as the cable works very well for my iphone lol

I think they spent more money/time on the packaging and accessories/marketing than the actual quality of the driver itself. Buyer remorse at the $13 sale price, I would be very pissed paying msrp for these.

Oct 28, 2012 at 3:00 AM Post #5,872 of 9,235
Quote:
anybody else hopped on those ~$20 sony mh1c's from ebay/amazon?

Absolutely fantastic for the price. I prefer them to my Ultimate Ears 700 and they are even with my TF.10 when using ipod's "treble booster" EQ setting.

Oct 28, 2012 at 8:24 AM Post #5,875 of 9,235
Quote:
Just got my two pairs today... holy crap these are trash. Bass and more bass, not the good kind either. One note sounding bass with horrible mids and non-existent high frequency. I seriously rather listen to stock ipod earbuds (not the new earpods either). At least the tips are nice and it comes with a nice carrying case. I will dissect the cable and throw them on some decent iem drivers for iphone usage as the cable works very well for my iphone lol

Wow, lucky me, I was going to buy 2 but they were going to charge me $58 for 2 units shipping to Australia, hence I cancelled the purchase...

Oct 28, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #5,876 of 9,235
Quote:
anybody else hopped on those ~$20 sony mh1c's from ebay/amazon?

I missed this...

can someone please share the link again

Oct 28, 2012 at 11:51 AM Post #5,878 of 9,235
Oct 28, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #5,880 of 9,235
Quote:

I think they spent more money/time on the packaging and accessories/marketing than the actual quality of the driver itself. Buyer remorse at the $13 sale price, I would be very pissed paying msrp for these.

Quote:

Wow, lucky me, I was going to buy 2 but they were going to charge me $58 for 2 units shipping to Australia, hence I cancelled the purchase...

Well this may be what finally determines whether I have the ears to be here, cuz I tried them for 2 minutes out of the box and liked them - thought they were very similar to my Xears C100iP. I just burned them for about 40 hrs and will give them another listen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back